Rookie

Re: rules for Eurobowl 2017 - Porto - Portugal

Post by Liam_Gallagher »

News?

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Liam_Gallagher wrote:News?
- Elected Idiots continue to do idiotic things / New Idiots are due to be elected soon (choose as appropriate for your current location)

- FIFA World Cup is next year already, so "Russia's totally not ready and the stadiums aren't even finished" stories are due any time now.

- Team France has registered for Porto 2017. Congratulations to Bucks, who dominated my poor elves in Sweden, on being promoted to the top tier.

- Further Eurobowl/Europen registration is open until June 30. Which reminds me of something I wanted to do ...

- Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots signed Stephon Gilmore, the Buffalo Bills' best cornerback, because Bills fans just don't hate the Pats enough.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

Liam_Gallagher wrote:News?
This isn't yet the time to communicate :-p

Trying to play bloodbowl.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

What do you mean? The NAF rules need to be used in Portugal - can you confirm, please, is what people are asking?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
BlackOrc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BlackOrc »

Is there any chance NOT to play according to the latest rules?
What is the reason for not updating the reference to Competition Rules Pack on the Rules page?
OK, everyone counts on that, all practice matches are ruled according to that, so it is kind of formal, but still, why not doing it?

As soon as I discovered that this BloodBowl thing was true,
In all of a sudden I found myself in love with the World.
(inspired by Ministry)
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

To be NAF sanctioned a tournament has to use the latest NAF rules.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Roller18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Roller18 »

sann0638 wrote:To be NAF sanctioned a tournament has to use the latest NAF rules.
So the option is to use the rules the organizers want and don't have the naf sanctionature. Not a bad idea.

My opinion is that all the €bowl except the first one shouldn't be naf becouse of they were not open. Having a naf disapproved ruleset is only another point for not being naf. If the Team Captain of team Italy will convene me to play at €bowl I'll be happy to play it regardless of being it naf or not.

Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

Come on guys.
I think all that is happening is that the page is not updated and we are here creating a fuzz about it.
Don't worry that much.
And while technically* it is of course possible that the eurobowl could be not naf sanctioned, this is not what anybody really want.
Let's have our big events please play along the main line and have a common mindest And ruleset
Group hug!

* the newly found eb committee would also have a say in that, and I doubt that they or the organisers actually want a non naf eurobowl

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Seriously, it would be some pretty huge nonsense if Eurobowl weren't NAF sanctioned. Eurobowl is one of the most established traditions in Blood Bowl tournament history. It's "open" in that it's a competition between nations, not individual coaches, and any nation which qualifies can attend. (Interesting question - would a non-European team be permitted to attend? Or is everyone worried about Team Canada swooping in and stealing your lunch?)

Besides, the EurOpen is at the same place at the same time. And it is truly open, it's even in the name! All you need is two friends to form a team. They let me in, they'll let anyone play ;)

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

rolo wrote:Seriously, it would be some pretty huge nonsense if Eurobowl weren't NAF sanctioned. Eurobowl is one of the most established traditions in Blood Bowl tournament history. It's "open" in that it's a competition between nations, not individual coaches, and any nation which qualifies can attend. (Interesting question - would a non-European team be permitted to attend? Or is everyone worried about Team Canada swooping in and stealing your lunch?)

Besides, the EurOpen is at the same place at the same time. And it is truly open, it's even in the name! All you need is two friends to form a team. They let me in, they'll let anyone play ;)
Ah the old two friend restriction :cry:

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Eurobowl is still happening right?

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

Can we get a price check on "Full Option Plus", with beer all-inclusive?

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

An update has been made on the Rules section of the EB (quoted):

"Note about Rules - 20170425
As you all noticed, it’s a big year for the community due to the new Games Workshop’s edition of Blood Bowl. New rules, new starplayers and some differences in rosters will (and for some have already) shift our tournament’s habits. The Portugal’s Eurobowl will be in the middle of that storm, and decisions have to be made between traditions (Lrb6) and the present (BB4). The Naf starts to update all the differences and how to use them in tournament. We’d like to tell you right now which rules will apply in the Eurobowl but we’ve choose to wait until the end of May. Indeed, a new batch of rules is planned in April and we think that one month for errata is a good period. So the rosters for the Eurobowl and all rules will be decided at the end of May; of course, we will decide based on the new Naf sheets.

Hail to Nuffle."

Seen here:
http://www.eurobowl.eu/2017/default.asp?p=2

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

nonumber wrote:Eurobowl is still happening right?
YES 8)

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

sann0638 wrote:What do you mean? The NAF rules need to be used in Portugal - can you confirm, please, is what people are asking?
Yes, i confirm.
We are waiting the last rules...