Team England for Cardiff 2018

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Team England for Cardiff 2018

Post by Lycos »

Hello to all England coaches in our community. I thank you all first of all for being allowed to be captain, something I felt great pride in doing for Sweden, I feel the same for going to Cardiff.

I will start off by saying thank you to all those who came forward and as such I realise it is all but impossible to communicate the bad news to all those unlucky not to have been selected. It is one of those things that only 8 coaches get picked and also we have to consider races. Some were very close but 8 is the number.

There is no particular order but I guess I should start with very nice news that I always feel is special. Someone's first cap. For Cardiff, that is PeteW, a very popular coach. Another change to Porto is the recall of Pipey, who has great experience and his race knowledge was an obvious reason for his inclusion.

Mark remains in the team for his good work last year, I see no other Dwarf coach challenge in the last year and he has totally deserved his place.

The remaining 5 spots are probably not a surprise. There are 5, of which I am one, who have won the EB with a ridiculous consistency. Did I feel any of those players deserved to be dropped....no. I also feel quite strongly about respect. Our European rivals want to face a strong England team and I feel they would be disrespected if we as a community of England players not put out our proven winners.

So here it is:
Lycos (c) Necro
Geggster Zons
JimJimany Wood Elves
Joemanji Undead
PurpleGoo Humans (possible CDs)
Nippylongskar (Dwarf)
Pipey (Lizards)
PeteW (Dark Elf)

Are races set in stone? No. If I see a real need, or between us we feel one race emerges then yes we may make a change. We could for example see Brets come strong. Too early to tell but I believe we keep our eyes open.

I hope you join me in wishing our team well and congratulating the players picked. I know there will be disappointed coaches for sure, picking the team this year was always going to be a tough gig.

Reason: ''
TFF mod team
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Team England for Cardiff 2018

Post by sann0638 »

Congrats to all!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Privelege to represent my country again. Thanks for the pick, Lycos.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Excited to be part of Team England this year. I'll try to live up to the ridiculously high standard set by the guys in the last few years.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Woohoo! Congrats to all on the team, and especially our new boy Petewubblewuu. Commiserations to those who missed out. TE continues its fine tradition of awarding at least one new cap every single event, so there is always something to play for!

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

That is a power team. I would put money on you winning again.
Good luck guys :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Delighted to make the cut. Congrats to all those that did, commiserations to those that missed out.

Should be lots of English in Cardiff this year; it’s a great time to join us on the forum (teamengland.freeforums.org) or the Reddit (r/TeamEnglandBB) or on social media and get involved in the build up. Looking forward to the party!

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

PeteW wrote:Excited to be part of Team England this year. I'll try to live up to the ridiculously high standard set by the guys in the last few years.
Congratulations mate! Well deserved!!

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Garrick wrote:
PeteW wrote:Excited to be part of Team England this year. I'll try to live up to the ridiculously high standard set by the guys in the last few years.
Congratulations mate! Well deserved!!
Thank you Graham! Hopefully we'll get to have an England v Scotland clash at some point. :)

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."