Posting on Team England Forum temporarily suspended

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Posting on Team England Forum temporarily suspended

Post by Podfrey »

From the Team England forum (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/teamengland/index.php)
Thank you for visiting the Team England forum.

This site was originally established with the aim of providing both a hub for English coaches to gather and discuss The Eurobowl and EurOpen tournaments and act as a repository of knowledge for new coaches to discover what a great event it is. A lot of hard work was put in by key community members to drive traffic here and it has been busy in the past. As a founding member of Team England, a former captain, the sole organiser of Eurobowl in England and the person who introduced the concept of side tournament (which has now become the EurOpen), I had a vision for this to be the best single source of discussion and knowledge about the Euros for all English coaches.

Over the past couple of years use of the site has declined. I believe that one factor, among many, is due to successive captaincies holding discussions outside of the public view. With the current Team England selection complete I believe it is now the right time to make a concerted effort to actively reach out to players both old and new and generate discussion on what we want as a nation then decide collectively how we can plan for the future.

With immediate effect I have moved the TE forums to Read Only. This is envisaged to be a temporary measure because I believe that the discussion about how English coaches integrate into this spectacular event needs to be spread wider than just the TE forums themselves. Once we have genuine engagement from the community (and not just the usual voices) then I will re-open this forum.

If you are at the NAF Championships this weekend, then please seek me out and talk to me. If you cannot do so then please share your thoughts in viewforum.php?f=48

Let's bring together the thriving English community I know exists,

Geoff Porritt
aka Podfrey & Team England Forum Creator

Reason: ''
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: Posting on Team England Forum temporarily suspended

Post by Pipey »

Sad you've had to take this step Geoff. I know how passionate you are about Eurobowl, EurOpen and Team England.

I agree that much more needs to be done to make EB and EO central to the English community. Hopefully TFF will be a good alternative place for discussions in the short term at least.

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com