THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BLOOD BOWL TEAMS

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Lost a game to a Human team (Solar Fire Ants) that can only be summed up as: Nuffle FARTED.... Epic numbers of 1's and 2's....

Thought things would be the same against our rookie Orc coach... and the first half was looking that way as, even though he CHOSE to kick to me, the dice were rolling his way and, with a fist full of gfi's and a one die double down, I still had only to pick up the ball with a downed ghoul and WALK into the endzone.... No Nufflin' Way... ball fumbles into the crowd and they throw it half-way up the field, where a gobbo nixes the pigskin and runs wildly to a TD!

Silver lining is that my dodging FG stood fim on the first two blocks of his return game by using the dodge skill...! AND, a were knocked out the Orcs lone blitzer....

2nd half kick to the greenbacks and it's a beautiful, long punt... too high! A gobbo hand off to the thrower and BOrcs cage up.... Nevertheless, I blitz with a Wight and pin the others so that Cyanide (were) blitzes the thrower next turn and he's BH/Outta-there.... Cyanide scoops the piggie and takes it to market! Score 1-1

Another kick and the Orcs get a reroll. Somehow a gobbo gets the ball to midfield and the Danger comits to a scrum, blitzing the ball into a ghoul's waiting hands. Give the Orcs credit as they insanely block and blitz with gobblins to push out the ball carrier... but not bring him down! Blocks and a Blitz clear the middle and Fasciitis the ghoul motors through! A gobbo is the only obstacle that can catch up, and he goes down to a block enabled Werewolf (Sarin)....

2-1, and you just know the one-turn gobbo toss is coming! Yet another deep kick foils the plan and a few blocks later the game is in the Necro's bag!

Only one upgrade for the Grave Danger... and it's a near 6+6... but Nuffle tilts the die back to a 4.... Still, I'll happily add armor to Cyanide's repertoire....

Our Orc coach got a doubles on his lone blitzer, an AGILITY upgrade on the gobbo, and a reg skill on a lineorc... not at all bad for a day's work....

Here's the Grave Danger now:
90,000 Treasury
2 rerolls
4 FF

Zombie 4328 Regeneration 2spp
Zombie 4328 Regeneration 4spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge 3spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge
Wight 6338 Block, Regeneration, Guard 7spp
Wight 6338 Block, Regeneration 0spp
Golem 4428 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Dodge 7spp
Golem 4429 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull 0spp
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block 8spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow 25spp

I feel the team is shaping up nicely... and I've been fortunate to have 2 doubles and an armor upgrade in 5 rolls...!

ps: I KNOW coaches here that contend against Flesh Golems from the start but, guys & ghouls, setting a 4 strength, Stand Firm just 2 squares from each sideline has continuously done so much to concentrate my opponents down the middle and into my strengths.... I'll happily contend till the ghouls are bought!

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Though receiving, the game started out as sad as ever: How the Nuffle does one roll five straight 5's or less on snotling armor breaks! I must've spit in Nuffle's good eye in another life....

Rob's Ogre was making life difficult with that doubles skill roll (sidestep), so Sarin and Cyanide went to work on 'im.... What do you get for the side-stepping Ogre this season? How 'bout making him suffer two casualties in the first half? He be DEAD now.... Sorry Rob....

Took out two snots and ko'd a handful, but Rob kept 'em a commin' and all but one of the little boogers were ready for the second half.... Previously, Cyanide had recovered a ghoulie fumble for a TD and I can't remember if Rob tied it in the last of the first half, or (most likely) the early part of the second, but he had a snot dodge in and pick up a ball in THREE MALFING TACKLE ZONES and triple dodge out for the score.... In fact, of the 100+ dodges he attempted, Rob's snots only doubled out (1-1) on ONE insignificant incident.... On my side of the dice, I did everything right, but got scorched at every single critical moment, including three of the four times Rob did a 3d MY FAVOR (HAH!) to take down my ball carriers....

DAMN Nuffle and these dice!!!!

Oh, well, everyone else will be happy bout the Ogre dying... I'm not, because I can't raise him, so once he's BH+, it does me no further good....

I stand frustratingly next to greatness.... Sarin getting 4 casualties this game, gave him just enough for a new regular skill... probably dodge.... Cyanide is one point shy of his next skill and I rolled MVP on a fresh ghoul... darn it.... I have just enough stash for a reroll, so Nuffle can crack my balls three times instead of two....

BTW: Block was very useful vs sidestep! Final score: 1-1

Grave Danger now:
10,000 Treasury
3 rerolls
5 FF

Ghoul 7337 Dodge 3spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge 5spp
Wight 6338 Block, Regeneration 0spp
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge 16spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow 30spp

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Nuffle Sucks!

What does it take to beat elves?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowsers... had an armor-breaking, casualty-fest and Grave Danger still lost 1-2 vs the Heartless (dark elves)....

Dice failed when they mustn't and I did make an error in judgement on one play.... Such is Death....(lol)

On the Danger "Roger-that!" side of the pitch: Zombies Belladonna, Arsenic and Ricin all scored casualties, with Ricin gaining Block.... Necro Fasciitis would be everyone's favorite Ghoul, completing a pass, KILLING a delf runner (thus gaining a raised zombie), and naturally getting the MVP!!! Top it off with a Nuffle's fave roll of 1+1 and a skill to be announced.... Sarin (werewolf) would score the lone TD and pick up another casualty, while his fa(ng)-mous partner, Cyanide, would lay claim to a CAS and also roll yet another doubles for a skill to be announced!!!!

In other news... Hemlock (wight), who never contributed anything to the team... was forcibly returned to the grave by the Heartless.... *Sigh*, so much for the "OVERPOWERED" regeneration "skill".... And, of course, the other casualtied, expendable, zombie rolled his perfectly... (bass-ackwards undead goofs!)

---------------------------------------------

I need advice on the two doubles rolls, as the team definitely survives on doubles, but have no ordinary skills for those two players.... Let the discussion begin! And, almost as important, the delf runner "cirlas" (pronounced sir-lass) needs a new zombified name, preferring a play on the original "cirlas".... Something like "Dead Lass", etc....

Through six games:

1,300,000 +
60,000 Treasury
3 rerolls
5 FF

Zombie 4328 Regeneration 0spp (delf runner)
Zombie 4328 Regeneration, Block 6spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge, (DOUBLES) 11spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge 5spp
Wight KIA
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge 21spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow, (DOUBLES) 32spp

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

After looking at the choices, I see four good ones for Cyanide:

1. Grab: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Guard: can't have enough guard, but might cut down on his spp by placing him in a subservient role....

3. Juggernaut: He has not gone the normal blodge route... this could benefit him if used wisely.... Would be beneficial against block types....

4. Stand Firm: I so want this to enable him to sprint down the sidelines with (relative) impunity....

Runner-up: Thick Skull... worst place in the world, for undead, is the knock-out box....

============

Ghoul: what do you give the ghoul that literally has nothing?!

Hail Mary Pass: With speedy weres, one could "punt" the ball downfield... and recover it on the next turn....

Pass/Accurate/Safe Throw/Strong Arm: My passing game, right now, relies so much on the will of Nuffle and re-rolls....

Guard: never have enough....

Block/Sure Hands: screw the doubles and control the ball/block dice...?

Is there a synergy that might argue for a certain combination...?

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

For Cyanide, I would be very tempted to ignore the double and take Block. Juggernaut looks good, but I think you'll get more bang for your buck from being boring. Grab and Guard look better as Golem skills and you don't need Stand Firm as you can take Side Step as a regular skill.

For the Ghoul - accurate looks like the best bet if you want a decent passing game. He'll reach his next skill up fairly quickly and I'd take sure hands then.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

The silence is deafening... hup!, are those semi-responsible groans of last night's beer madness?! Then you're all forgiven....

Thanks for the weigh-in, MW... though I'm almost fully leaned to Juggernaut:

1. "Got Block" will be a question I won't have to ask....

2. We have a smattering of wrestle/fend/stand firm types in the league who deserve to go down!

3. He'll have a 5/6 chance to keep his turn going, even on a single die blitz....
----------------

The wisdom of accurate rings true.... It's just hard to get the vision of two weres and a ghoul with Diving Catch being able to pull in a Hail Mary... though I'm probably just kidding myself....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Strike out Grab in the intitial run-up to selection.... Having re-read the skill descriptions: grab may never be learned by a player with the frenzy skill....

Semi-darned!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Alright... it's Juggernaut and Accurate!

Another benefit of Juggernaut is the ability to push my way through traffic to receive a pass.... Next normal skill will probably be Diving Catch, then....

GRAVE DANGER
60,000 Treasury
3 rerolls
5 FF

Ghoul 7337 Dodge, Accurate 11spp
Ghoul 7337 Dodge 5spp
Wight KIA
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge 21spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut 32spp

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Received a pm of appreciation, which led to a recap of how I play Necros, so I'll keep the person anonymous (since it was a pm) and place the reply here:
I really like your write-ups, and am eyeing your necro-thread at the moment.
Thanks, you're too kind!

I start with 2 wolves (author had thought "one")... but, yeah, it's a tough build being a necromancer: you're either relying on two rerolls, or a weaker (strenghtwise) setup. However, I've successfully done that for 4 seasons, winning the first three and going to the finals in the fourth. The team just fits my penchant for big sweeping runs with durable linemen.... I'm still reaching for the elusive passing game, as the coaches I play with are pretty strong in tactics....

The team lives on a wide spread of doubles. While the Golems are an integral part of my plan, like any lineman they rely on casualties... and that's the luck of Nuffle! For some reason, people like to pick on the Fleshies, too. Fine with me... but it seems they're always picking themselves up while a Were does the blitz... although the Golems are reasonably good blitzers once they get block.... I think I've only had one FG in my career make it to block-guard... never a third skill.... Occasionally I've given them Mighty Blow from the start, doesn't seem to change anything....

A good coach can engineer pushes of your players into the crowd from two squares out unless you have Stand Firm.... So, with only occasional exceptions, my Golems are setup either on the line or 1-2 squares back and two squares in from the sideline.... They wanna make all those dodge rolls? Be my eternal guests! Gets even better when the Wights have Guard... then even Big Guys are mandy-pandy about blitzing the constructs.... Once the opposing coach has selected the middle, the Golems attempt to pinch them in against the zombie line.... Zombies are much like super-balls: they go up and down continuously!!! Doubles on a zombie are precious, allowing for Guard....

The savings of 10k each, on the Golems (110k to 100k now) allow for the accelerated buy of your first ghoul.... I think I started with a zero fan factor this season, and a final cost of 970k, so I'd have 30k towards my first ghoul.... After the second ghoul is bought, save for the third (eh, maybe fourth) reroll....

Having a full complement of Weres/Wights/Ghouls from the start leads to a serious concern of too many ball carriers! They all need those precious TDs for SPP.... What successes I've had come from fielding Golems and Wights forward, in the wings, and Weres deep for the kick-off. I'll put 5 zombies on the line if receiving... they're there to get and receive licks for SPP!!! Weres are successful at moving the ball way upfield and, in the early goes, are sufficient ball carriers.... They're the only high-quality on your team and need advancement early to become super-threats.... However, if the situations there, don't be afraid to score with a Wight... they have the block skill and are more reliable than those twinkle-toed wolves....

After the ghouls come on-board, the wolves move to inside linebacker positions to exploit the defense, while the ghouls become dedicated ball carriers (when they actually pick up the ball!)

Thanks for the kind words....

Kill 'em all and raise your fans!!!!

Addendum: The remark of "living on doubles" is because you have extremely limited Guard capacity; your Weres are terrors with Mighty Blow; and you have no passing game (while having awesome wide receivers in speedy Weres and Ghouls)! All these rely on rolling precious doubles in the after-life of the game.... :D

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

I've updated and included more "stuff" on the downloads page for the Arkham Asylum Blood Bowl Teams!!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/graveyard-gothika/index.htm

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Incursion/Grindhouse Bomberzombies Arrive

Post by Digger Goreman »

Got the Bomberzombies in today and they are beyond my wildest necro dreams of what a zed should look like.... The figs are clean and simple, yet detailed... and the facial expressions are superb!

Size-wise, they are a head above a 2nd edition zombie, and half-a-head above Rotters 1&2, while only slightly less beefier than the GW figs....

All-in-all, they will provide excellent variation and visual appeal to my front line!

Previously I thought Rotter 3 to be too skinny for zed use... yet, with the bomberzombies as segues between the fatter Rotters and the skinny Rotter, I might just paint him up too!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Got recently advised, via Haf Graef Heartless' battle report, that the femme zombie I personally raised was no other than "Cirlas", the Delf +Ag abomination!

Since Rotter #3 is slightly "girly" anyway, I'll dead-icate the model to the newly named: "Dead Lass"....

Pity she dropped over half her Ag stat in the transformation.... :evil:

Ah, well, ... she's in a better place now.... 8)
===============

Even with only primer and GW "rotted flesh" on the appropriate places, the bomberzombies + Rotter 3 trio is looking tres bien!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Dead Lass is all finished except for the base detail....

The Rotter#3 mini is perfect, as I wanted her to look like a freight train hit her... the mini is naturally caved in at the middle and the skull helmet is perfect for "head trauma".... I even have blood flowing out from one side.... The face has that vacant, "what happened" look to it....

I so wish someone would give me a decent web-compatible camera.... :cry:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

No sooner than I'd written the last post, the mail arrived with my two new "ghouls"!!!!

These guys/girls are freakishly ugly in a good-bad! way....

Height-wise they are as tall as Rotter#3, though the figure is slightly "haunched".... They are "rail-thinish"/gaunt, as a ghoul should be.... Their lower jaw is elongated and splayed in a look that instantly had me thinkin': BladeIII, Trinity!

Pathfinder Chronicles P-005
Sinspawn
http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/prod ... 70&xSec=82

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Whew... struggled against Nuffle to scratch out a tie against a rookie Orc team....

Broke armor only twice (with weres that break on 7s and 8s throwing blocks/blitzes like crazy!) the whole game for two whole stuns....

(And to the *&^%blockers on the BBRC who decided that Undead didn't need access to an either/or apothecary arrangement: my -ST ghoul would like you to kiss his worm-ridden behind....)

Said same Ghoul got, of course, the MVP and skilled up... and rolled 5+6....

A few choices face me before the next game vs a near totally guard enabled khemri team:

1) With 130,000 do I replace the dead-dead wight... or do I replace the -ST ghoul, gaining speed against the khemri....

2) What skill (reg or agility) would you take if it was you keeping the ghoul?

3) Would you fire the ghoul? There are worse things than a potential 2st, 4ag, blodging player....

GRAVE DANGER
1,300,000 +
130,000 Treasury
3 rerolls
6 FF

Ghoul 7337 Dodge, Accurate 12spp
Ghoul 7237 Dodge, (? or +ag) 10spp MNG
Wight previous KIA
Werewolf 8338 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Block, Dodge 24spp
Werewolf 8339 Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut 32spp