THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BLOOD BOWL TEAMS

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BLOOD BOWL TEAMS

Post by Digger Goreman »

07 Saturday 2011

The Ork Ridge Boys reasserted their dominance by rolling over the Chaositects and Sand Storm in consecutive games.... *Sigh*, at least in my game I managed A score....

Explanation? Five total kick off rolls and only one "favored" my team: a reset against a stacked orc line.... The other four, and I kid you not, were two Pitch Invasions (one resulting in 6/11 of my players stunned and an easy TD) and two Riots (one forcing a hurry up offense by me and, thinking the orcs couldn't possibly score in one turn with no Troll/Goblin, it happens again and of course he scores a third TD)....

The "1's" were profuse, but solely secondary to the DR of the Kickoff table....

Am I a cursed git, or what?!

(In the only other game, a new gobbo team laid down to a slightly experienced Blood Counts Vampire team)

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Another disappointing day... though the Dead Blast played like all-stars, ultra-cheese ruled the day... but not by much....

The challenge came from the rats in the cellar: Immoral Combat (Skaven) with their infamous 1TT gorgonzola runner.... And, sure enough, he gets the kick, lines up and even before my first turn (and I set the max on the goal-line) he nailed all the rolls and scored.... Might as well have been playing broken-arsed elves for all the snoring boredom that one brought.... So I steeled myself to play for a 2-1 grind... *sigh*... easier said than done.... One knows I never have to beat just the opposing coach... but that demonic nuffle too.... And, sure enough, he grants me a "1" on the necessary gfi to tie the game.... 0-1 and receiving in the 2nd half.... Of course I had been working down the rat fromage in the meantime.... He was down to 8 players.... Unfortunately he still had the Ag4 Thrower, St6 Rat Ogre and little cheeser +Mv, Sprint, KOR GR....

The Rat Ogre sets up within 5 of the LOS and got blitzed down by a wildly charging Mummy... and stayed down for most of the 2nd half.... But the rat-fink kept getting what he needed to pop the ball loose... out of bounds... and deeply back into my half.... I recovered, but here I am needing to score, with a short pass (gfi's don't help) and, of course, rolling a pair of threes on the pass/reroll.... And, of course, the ball deviates wide and bounces away....

I fouled the three stat plus abominations for 7 straight turns and did no more than knock outs.... If not for getting nuffled on a 83% and 75% pair of rolls, I'd not only have caused 5 casualties, but won the bleepin' game....

What did I really want for my birthday?

A bell curve.... :-?

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Ha! Cant help you with a bell curve, but I can send some dice. :)

Hard luck I guess. But it's just that Nuffle likes you, a lot. I could post some awefully comment here too, but I will not :orc: .

Keep on rolling, the tide should turn sometime, right ?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

HURRAH! New Coaches!!! And just in time to re-start the Ladder League.... Although designed (and can still function) as a perpetual format, coaches had unintentionally mismanaged teams into difficult circumstances and some coaches wanted to play different races and we had others coming in.... SO, :D

What better day to start than Friday 13th...?!

One of our new coaches (I don't use real names for privacy's sake), teethed on past additions and lots of FUMBBL, taught a new-ish (second season, first time with) Nurgle coach the lessons of stunty speed in a one-sided 3-0 affair....

Day 2, Saturday, sported six games (I might be missing a seventh game report) in the Ladder and one in the new Stunty League.... Aahz is in charge of the stunties and I believe he's going with the teams in Pug's Stunty Slam....

First game: My Grave Desecration (Necros) were challenged by the newest rat fromage (skaven) Warpvermin.... For the first time in my history as a Necro coach, I fielded a Golem-less team :o Tough, touch-n-go, losing a BH Ghoul by turn 3.... Still, I'm a fairly astute student of the game and concentrated on pimp slapping the rats into a 2-1 win....

Second game: Aahz's Iron Wolves (Human) played to a tie with the underdog Lustrian Horde (Lizardmen).... Ties are half a win for underdogs and half a loss for overdogs, so the Wolves of the master slid down a little in the ratings....

Third game: Nuffle got tired and took a solid vacation from the competition of my Dead Freight (Undead) vs the challenging Dogan's Culling (Nurgle).... I'm no fool (usually) and I only attacked his N-warriors when necessary (amazingly, the whole game, my lads NEVER found the faces of nurgle unblockable) and concentrated on rotters and the one, lone, pestigor.... I even did a BH on his BON! A phenomenal effort with great dice and, in the end, four positionals would ride the other's good play to glory: Randy Ripsaw (ghoul) had three TDs and two Cas, gaining Block; Max Zeddoom (wight) had two TDs and one Cas (rolling double nuffles and taking Dodge); Hannover Fiste (Mummy) pounded out a casualty vs BON and received the MVP, double nuffling for Block!; and Unger Wraps (Mummy) killed a rotter.... End score: 5-0 (a first for me!) in a lop-sided slug-fest....

Fourth game: Lustrian Horde wins again vs a new coach's Lilburn Raiders (Human) 2-1....

Fifth game: Dead Wrong (Aahz's Undead) punk a struggling Ironheads Dwarven team 3-0....

Sixth game: Nuffle's back and there's gonna be doubles!!!! The Ironheads wanted another game and I let the coach decide... and he picks on Grave Desecration.... Let's just say that I'm lucky that he doesn't know how to properly run scrunty fromage as, even though he hung his runner out in the open, continuously, and concentrated more on bashing than anything (abandoning position and never caging), I double-double skulled and nuffled/skulled out early on EIGHT (yes, I counted them) turns, including FIVE in the first half and the would-have-been winning hand-off on turn sixteen.... No underdog in the game so I actually gained half points.... Necro coaches and cheerleaders were diving under benches and attempting to gain sprint for the necessary gfi's to escape my misplaced anger at nuffle.... On the positive side: I made enough winnings in two games to buy my first flesh golem!

Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
118 Lustrian Horde (Lizardmen) 14 May 11
111 Grave Desecration (Necro) 14 May 11
107 Dead Freight (Undead) 14 May 11
107 Dead Wrong (Undead) 14 May 11
097 Ironheads (Dwarves) 14 May 11
096 Iron Wolves (Human) 14 May 11
093 Warpvermin (Skaven) 14 May 11
093 Lilburn Raiders (Human) 14 May 11
086 Dagon’s Culling (Nurgle) 14 May 11

Friday 13 May 2011
Lustrian Horde 3 vs Dagon’s Culling 0

Saturday 14 May 2011
Grave Desecration 2 vs Warpvermin 1
Iron Wolves 2 vs Lustrian Horde 2 (50k)
Dead Freight 5 vs Dogan’s Culling 0
Lustrian Horde 2 vs Lilburn Raiders 1
Dead Wrong 3 vs Ironheads 0
Grave Desecration 1 vs Ironheads 1

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Sunday 15 May 2011

Aahz kicked off the day by increasing his cheese to include an over abundant helping of more cheese and SPAM, by changing from Undead to dwarves.... Upon entering the game store and smelling cheese our resident furry/runny fromager challenged the scrunty menace.... I shook my head ruefully, knowing what borehammer cheddar can do to normally dodgy cheese eaters.... Still, I had my own problems when, happily, my old buddy "J" decided to grace us after a year, or so, absence and join our league till he ships out to hell (Fort Irwin, CA.) in July.... Unfortunately for me, he is the relative master of the fjord fromage and I stared down the long grater, wondering if my Undead had enough block to deal with the invading Norse men....

The first half of the "cheese bowl" went as predicted with the Warpvermin filling up the knock out and injury boxes.... By the half it was 2-0, dwarves, and the skaven were down to four players for the 2nd half kickoff....

On my side, I set back in reaction and kicked to the block vicious spamilicious.... The three zeds on the LOS sucked up blocks and variously survived... while the norse thrower failed the pickup in deep territory.... My response relied on three 1d6 blocks that succeeded and followed with 2d6 blocks with favorable results.... The wildmen tried to punch through the middle, but that allowed sweeps up both sides and a Mummy put a 3d6 blitz through the throwers brainpan.... Predictably a ghoul ran off with the spiked piggy and into the endzone....

Then the first (yes, I said "first") pitch invasion led to one norseman and SIX undead stunned.... Of course this led directly to a BS TD.... A high kick dropped later, and I managed to quick pass a ball to the ground just over the left LOS.... *sigh*.... A two turn scrum later and I thought I had the ball within a turn of scoring.... Unfortunately it wasn't to be and a stunned ghoul later the ball is once again on the ground.... But I'm tenacious if nothing else and I block/blitzed away another ghoul for a long run away.... While being able to catch up, the minor scrum was won by the Undead and the score untied at 2-1....

Thank that rat-bleep nuffle for letting the ball go to the opposite endzone as he also inflicted another pitch invasion on me and this time 4 of mine hit the dirt, including both mummies.... I managed to get just enough players in TZs and in travel lanes that it would be tough to penetrate... the 2 come 2 for my opponent (for a change) put the ball in no man's hand and ended the game in an Undead victory! Tough game....

And, somehow, with a "skeleton" crew, the ratboys tied the tackle-spam-dummies at two apiece....

Greyhounds (dwarves) 2 vs Warpvermin (skaven) 2
Dead Freight (Undead) 2 vs Vor's Vikings(norse) 1 (90k)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Too much Real Life going on... so a very late report and update:

Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
113 Dead Freight (Undead) 15 May 11
110 Grave Desecration (Necro) 22 May 11
109 Greyhounds (Dwarves) 15 May 11
107 (Adam’s Norse) (Norse) 18 May 11
105 Green Cans (Orc) 22 May 11
100 Iron Wolves (Human) 21 May 11
097 Ironheads (Dwarves) 14 May 11
097 Warpvermin (Skaven) 15 May 11
094 Vor’s Vikings (Norse) 15 May 11
093 Blue Liz Group (Lizardmen) 18 May 11
086 Dagon’s Culling (Nurgle) 14 May 11

Stunty League
111 Undergreens (Underworld) 22 May 11
104 Q Continuum (Goblin) 14 May 11
104 Midgit Idgits (Ogre) 21 May 11
097 Pickin’ & Grinnin’ (Goblin) 21 May 11

22 May 11
Grave Desecration 2 vs Green Cans 2
Pickin’ & Grinnin’ 1 vs Undergreens 2

21 May 11
Pickin’ & Grinnin’ 1 vs Midgit Idgits 1
Grave Desecration 1 vs Iron Wolves 1

18 May 11
Blue Liz Group 0 vs Adam's Norse 3

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

RL still going strong....

Last Sunday the Greyhounds lost to the Green Cans
and Diplomatic Immunity did likewise....

Today:
Q Continuum 4 vs Midgit Idgits 1
Warpvermin 1 vs Diplomatic Immunity 1
Grave Desecration 2 vs Vor's Vikings 1
Bootleggers 1 vs Dagon's Culling 1

11 June 11
Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
128 Green Cans (Orc) 05 Jun 11
123 Vor’s Vikings (Norse) 11 Jun 11
115 Grave Desecration (Necro) 11 Jun 11
108 Blue Liz Group (Lizardmen) 04 Jun 11
104 Bootleggers (Human) 11 Jun 11
103 Dead Freight (Undead) 04 Jun 11
099 Greyhounds (Dwarves) 05 Jun 11
098 Bloody Knuckles (Human) 28 May 11
094 Dagon’s Culling (Nurgle) 11 Jun 11
087 Warpvermin (Skaven) 11 Jun 11
086 Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) 11 Jun 11

Stunty League
120 Undergreens (Underworld) 04 Jun 11
116 Q Continuum (Goblin) 11 Jun 11
104 Pickin’ & Grinnin’ (Goblin) 29 May 11
076 Midgit Idgits (Ogre) 11 Jun 11

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

I had a grand, huge post about the last three games for the Asylum that started out about the continued vagaries of real life, when a real life lightning strike took out the power grid and my awesome post.... *sigh*

Last week's games featured a pressure & penetration game roll-over of the league leading Green Can (Orcs) by our beloved Dead Freight, 3-0.... The new league leader (Vor's Vikings, Norse) were out-manuevered and classically ground, 2-1 by the great Grave Desecration....

Today's game featured another aggressive romp by the red-hot regenerators of the Grave Desecration in a 4-0 massacre of the Blue Liz Group (Lizardmen)...! Each ghoul and each werewolf scored a TD, while both the wolves and a zombie dealt casualties.... Only one casualty was inflicted by the samsonite suckers.... Indeed, had the Necros set up forward for one last kick (with a turn left to them) it would have been 5-0 (rolled a blitz)!

The Asylum teams are starting to hit that happy "sick" collection of skills:

Grave Desecration
TV154, RR3, FF7, Bank 100k, 106 spp, 3 wins, 2 ties, 0 losses
Z1 Luggage (Saurus) (0)
Z2 Anger Issues (7) Block
Z3 Brain Fart (5)
Z4 Flat-line (0)
Z5 Larry Leatherfoot (7) Kick
Z6 Stumpy (Dwarf) (0)
Z7 Vince Meat (Human) (0)
G9 Dash Diner (18) Block, +Ma
G10 Dim Sum (9) Block
Wt11 Midnight Darkness (12) Mighty Blow
Wt12 Deadrow Skull (3)
FG13 Al Franken (0)
FG14 Steiner (0)
WW15 Bloodclaw Dwarf Slayer (12) Block
WW16 Slash Gator-Hater (16) Block, Mighty Blow

Dead Freight
TV140, 3RR, 6FF, Bank 100k, 115 spp, 4 wins, 1 tie, 1 loss
S1 Bones Malone (5)
S2 Meta Tarsals (2)
Z3 Goredy Brainserbad (0)
Z4 Black Boris (12) Block
Z5 Dirt Landcaster (2)
Z6 Meaty Morguenthal (7) Block
G8 Hacksaw (9) Block
G9 Sordid Sawtooth (14) Block
G10 Randy Ripsaw (26) Block, Fend
Wt11 Mortis Rictor (5)
Wt12 Max Zeddoom (16) Dodge, Sidestep
My13 Hannover Fiste (11) Block
My14 Unger Wraps (6) Block

I thought the Norse coach wanted to play a second game today but, upon my intent with a challenge from Dead Freight, suddenly had a movie to see.... Sucks when your opponent has as much block as you do, eh...?

18 June 11
Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
124 Green Cans (Orc) 12 Jun 11
116 Grave Desecration (Necro) 18 Jun 11
111 Blue Liz Group (Lizardmen) 18 Jun 11
109 Dead Freight (Undead) 12 Jun 11
109 Bootleggers (Human) 18 Jun 11
094 Greyhounds (Dwarves) 18 Jun 11
082 Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) 11 Jun 11

Stunty League
120 Undergreens (Underworld) 04 Jun 11
116 Q Continuum (Goblin) 11 Jun 11
104 Pickin’ & Grinnin’ (Goblin) 29 May 11
076 Midgit Idgits (Ogre) 11 Jun 11

N.B.: by majority agreement, a team must play within 6 weeks of it's last game.... The teams that haven't played since mid-May are in jeopardy of timing out of the league....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Mastered a disaster today.... But got totally schooled....

Dead Freight challenged for a rematch with the Green Cans (Orcs) as a mere 50k overdog.... Before Cleopatra could say, "Kiss my asp!", I had lost fame, the kick and a dead wight.... Turn 2 my blodging, side-stepping second wight went to the knock-out for the game and on Turn 3 one of my blodging ghouls got BH'ed and on turn 4 another blodging ghoul DIED...!

Here's where I get to thank the ratards on the defunct BBRC that voted down eliminating the "necromancer" for an apothecary and/or doing the same and putting an on-boardable Igor for the undeads....
You'll always be number ones with me....

Somehow, and I must really be one helluva coach, I managed to turn over and score on the lucky-arse, 10+ always rolling, armored to the hilt green kings... despite being 7 to 11 in man(orc)power.... An initial riot and a one-turn, wildly dodging stall resulted in the orcs being in control but too far away to score at the end of the half....

Kick to the Undead in the second half and we're running 6 vs 10 now and trying to stay in control and away from anything greener than a zombie.... The cans get the ill-fated, guaranteed against me, one-die cum 6 to stun my last ghoul and render me ball-carrier-less.... But by now it's down to brass tacks and everything has to go perfect for my opponent.... Naturally that's when his phenomenal luck runs out, along with his 4 rerolls and he just can't quite make all the rolls needed....

Final, a fully pyrrhic 1-0 survival of Dead Freight over the Green Cans.... With the 100k I had saved and the 50k in winnings (after an initial roll of "1") I almost was able to recover the two lost members of the team.... The only in-game silver lining, other than the win, was that he killed a rookie wight and a one skill ghoul....

Post-game was a little bit of a treat, as skellie Meta Tarsals scored the MVP and bagged an agility upgrade.... I use my skeletons as middle linebackers and now I have one that might actually be able to dodge and fetch the ball when needed.... My living blodge ghoul rolled double 5's and I chose Mighty Blow.... Should he live, I'm thinking Frenzy next....

Dead Freight
TV137, 3RR, 7FF, Bank 60k, 113 spp, 5 wins, 1 tie, 1 loss
S1 Bones Malone (5)
S2 Meta Tarsals (7) +Ag
Z3 Goredy Brainserbad (0)
Z4 Black Boris (12) Block
Z5 Dirt Landcaster (2)
Z6 Meaty Morguenthal (7) Block
G9 Sordid Sawtooth (17) Block, Mighty Blow
G10 Randy Ripsaw (26) Block, Fend
Wt11 Mortis Rictor Jr. (0)
Wt12 Max Zeddoom (16) Dodge, Sidestep
My13 Hannover Fiste (15) Block
My14 Unger Wraps (6) Block

19 June 11
Current Standings:
LADDER LEAGUE
Pts.
118 Green Cans (Orc) 19 Jun 11
116 Grave Desecration (Necro) 18 Jun 11
115 Dead Freight (Undead) 19 Jun 11
111 Blue Liz Group (Lizardmen) 18 Jun 11
109 Bootleggers (Human) 18 Jun 11
094 Greyhounds (Dwarves) 18 Jun 11
082 Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) 11 Jun 11

Stunty League
127 Undergreens (Underworld)
116 Q Continuum (Goblin)
104 Pickin’ & Grinnin’ (Goblin)
069 Midgit Idgits (Ogre)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

WOOF! Today was a culmination of playing "Nuffle May I?" wherein if I got a win, it was almost guaranteed I'd have to effectively cough up a lung or two for the privelege.... On the positive side, my teams (and an unforeseen tie of the league powerhouse "Green Cans" Orcs by the last place Chaos Pact "Diplomatic Immunity") are in the thick of a real horse race! Only 3 league points separate the top four teams!!! Unfortunately, my Necros will suffer the next game without ANY wights on the field.... Coach D-Dice went on a tear of his patented and trademarked 10+(x3) rolls to take the joy out of beating his team silly....

Games:
02 Jul 11
Blue Liz Group 3-1 over Diplomatic Immunity

03 Jul 11
Bootleggers 1-1 vs Diplomatic Immunity (100k underdog)
Grave Desecration 3-0 over Blue Liz Group
Green Cans 2-2 vs Diplomatic Immunity (300k underdog)
Dead Freight 2-1 over Vor's Vikings

League Standings
03 Jul 11
Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
119 Vor’s Vikings (Norse) 03 Jul 11
117 Green Cans (Orc) 03 Jul 11
117 Grave Desecration (Necro) 03 Jul 11
116 Dead Freight (Undead) 03 Jul 11
110 Blue Liz Group (Lizardmen) 03 Jul 11
108 Bootleggers (Human) 03 Jul 11
101 Dagon’s Culling (Nurgle) 26 Jun 11
086 Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) 03 Jul 11
083 Warpvermin (Skaven) 26 Jun 11

Stunty League
131 Undergreens (Underworld)
116 Q Continuum (Goblin)
080 Midgit Idgits (Ogre)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

*low lights... low and serious tone*

Blood Bowl is my "Beautiful Game" and my investment in time and money are beyond estimation... painting, following, playing, pushing for what I think/thought was best through 6 (7 now?) iterations of the Living Rulebook... and who knows how many postal workers have retired off my trades... :lol: ....

I've worn many hats in my approximate half of a life... A trained forecaster (Statistical based Business degree) and a Military Historian amongst many... not to mention a wargames enthusiast of 35+ years... and a "Blood Bowler" since third edition.... While not having the fine grasp of analytical Blood Bowl (like MattGSlater) or the intuitive vision of Aahz (in our local group), I'm one helluva tactician and strategist... an incredible coach when I'm being less than humble.... I rarely miss a stroke and play masterfully if/when the dice cooperate a little.... Not talking good rolls... just somewhere around average....

Today was not a day to believe in mathematics, benevolent powers, or concepts of fairness.... Today was a day to watch one mistake and an inconcievable array of 4+ dice rolls by one opponent be compounded by my inability to roll above a 3 in almost all circumstances... and that was the first game.... And, if you know anything about forecasting... the second game was THE unimaginable 500 (maybe 1000?) year storm....

First game, first quarter, I'm even TV on the league leading spam-cheese Norse... when I forget that my Ghoul has fend and let a frenzier get a 2nd block ONE DIE "6" on me.... I manage briefly to recover, but he gets the bounce and NAILS all the improbable rolls for his one man runner to score despite my having Wight and Were in attendance.... After that it was watching him roll an average of 5 on his dice.... Not real, not statistical... definitely not fun.... That lasted the rest of the game and I did manage to get a consolation TD on the 16th turn... but NEVER got another casualty.... Two "nuffledowns" and one of my teams out of contention for the lead....

The second game made me want to throw up till my eyes popped out.... The 10+s were, honestly, so over the top as to become utterly surreal.... I played my arse off only to watch everything my opponent did succeed past the one TD I managed to hold onto the ball for in the first half.... But second half I had 6 players max with an MNG Block-Skeleton, DEAD Block-Zombie, -St Block-MiB-Ghoul, and a -Av Block-Mummy filling up the injured box.... Quickly I was down to two players, but still holding back the slow, methodical tide of nurgle.... I finally got out one wight, at the final kickoff, to go with a mummy and my Ag3 skeleton.... The mummy quickly went BH, but I wildly dodged and blitzed the ball away to keep the game tied at the end....

0 for 7 regens on the day....

3 for 10+ on KOs....

This is where BB fails as a game....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

While not pretty, here's what we're looking at for the Asylum faithful:

09 Jul 11
Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
126 Vor’s Vikings (Norse) 09 Jul 11
120 Dead Freight (Undead) 09 Jul 11
119 Bootleggers (Human) 09 Jul 11
110 Grave Desecration (Necro) 09 Jul 11
097 Dagon’s Culling (Nurgle) 09 Jul 11
088 Warpvermin (Skaven) 09 Jul 11
081 Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) 09 Jul 11

Dead Freight is in second place, but nearly Dead in the Water:

#01 Block Skeleton MNG
#02 Block, +Ag Skeleton
#04 Zombie
#05 Zombie
#06 Block Zombie
#09 Ghoul
#10 Block, Fend, Sidestep Ghoul
#11 Wight
#12 Dodge, Sidestep Wight
#13 Block, Stand Firm Mummy
#14 Block, -Av Mummy MNG
2x Journeymen
3RR, 8FF, 40k Bank, TV 122

Grave Desecration is relatively unhurt, but can't get a handle on avoiding overdog ties:

#01 Saurus Zombie
#02 Block Zombie
#03 Human Zombie
#04 Norse Zombie
#05 Kick Zombie
#06 Dwarf Block Zombie
#10 Block, Fend Ghoul
#11 Wight
#12 Wight
#13 Golem
#14 Golem
#15 Blodge Werewolf
#16 Block, MiB Werewolf
3 RR, 7 FF, 60k Bank, TV 145

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Oofers! Played a head's up game of Nuffle Knows Best against Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) and managed not to nuffle on turns 15 and 16 to score with a blitzin' Wight....

Current Standings:
127 Dead Freight (Undead) 10 Jul 11
126 Vor’s Vikings (Norse) 09 Jul 11
119 Bootleggers (Human) 09 Jul 11
110 Grave Desecration (Necro) 09 Jul 11
097 Dagon’s Culling (Nurgle) 09 Jul 11
088 Warpvermin (Skaven) 09 Jul 11
074 Diplomatic Immunity (Chaos Pact) 10 Jul 11

Probably gonna wrap this ladder up next weekend as one of our long-standing coaches (J owns Vor's Vikings and Bootleggers) is getting stationed way-to-hell away and won't be back.... :evil:

Hmmmm... wonder if he'd accept a championship playoff of Vor's vs Dead Freight...?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

There's definitely something green in your teeth....

Post by Digger Goreman »

In the end, I went with a playoff for the finale of the third season.... There were four teams with viable chances and the pairings were 1st vs 3rd and 2nd vs 4th....

Vor's Vikings (2nd place/Norse) vs Green Cans (4th place/Orcs)
The Cans didn't play like a 4th place team and literally (by the power of Dennis dice) RUINED the Vikings.... By the end of the 2nd half it was a 1-1 tie, yet the Vikings forfeited... having only 4 players for overtime....

Bootleggers (3rd place/Humans) vs Dead Freight (1st place/Undead)
As a 200k overdog, and the best finisher in the ladder, you'd think this a cakewalk... and you thought dead wrong! A decidedly dicey affair that also went to overtime and a luck filled Bootlegger advance....

Final:
Bootleggers vs Green Cans
Yet another 1-1 affair that went into overtime.... D-man's dice were still decidedly demonstrating deviant drops as the Humies were never really in it....

Dennis Boylan's "Green Cans": Arkham Asylum Ladder League III Champions!

Got an invite to start the league a day early and accepted! Coach M, in a startling change of pace, eschewed the Skaven and entered a Chaos and a Nurgle team.... I went with my faves: Necros and Undead....

Necros, Undead and Nurgle were all at 97 TV, so a dice-off gave my Grave Spitters the right of challenge and I took it to Nurgle's "Entropy".... Nurgle chose to kick and two turns later Bad News (werewolf) had his first TD on a successful dodge, post ghoul-assisted Wight blitz.... Entropy couldn't cage properly at mid-field on the return and a ghoul-wight-werewolf combo stunned a backwards peddling pestigor for Bad News to pick up another TD...! The Spitters went into control mode and defensively stalled the putrid pustules till the half.... Kick to the Nurglers and they were actually starting to clear the pitch of Undead into the KO box.... Nevertheless, when you're down two scores, the diseased ones had to break for the goal a little early and two ghouls dodged back and blitz/stunned the pestigor for the 2nd time, picking up the ball in the endzone....

With about half a team to rely on, the two ghouls (Claws and Talons) attempted a two-man screen up the sidelines, still in Spitter territory.... "Bonnie" the Beast blitzed off her zombie minder and managed a solid tentacle grasp of the ball carrier (Talons).... In a surprise tactic, Talons screamed "Blitz!" and attempted a dodge away from Bonnie.... With only one reroll left, Talons started to embrace the Beast, then slipped through her flailing tentacles and ran like a freight train up the sideline with Claws in tow.... It was enough.... The slow motion slithering of Nurgle couldn't catch them and a third score was tacked on.... Despite a fairly predictable Riot extending the game to 16 turns, Entropy had run out and wasted the extra opportunity when Bonnie triple-doubled down!!!

First blood to the Necros!

TDs: Bad News (ww) 2, Talons (gl) 1
Cas: Phlegm (z) 1
MVP: Nails Barkley (wt)
Skills: Bad News (Block)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

23 Jul 11
Current Standings:
Pts.
LADDER LEAGUE
107 Grave Spitters (Necro) 22 Jul 11
107 Xaos Makers (Chaos) 23 Jul 11
107 Aahz Undead (Undead) 23 Jul 11
107 Dennis Slann (Slann) 23 Jul 11
093 Walking Dead (Undead) 23 Jul 11
093 Dennis Chaos Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves) 23 Jul 11
086 Entropy (Nurgle) 22 Jul 11