THUG TANK - Goon Squad Orc Blog - 29 (Semi Final)

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Johnny Blade
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Johnny Blade »

Bomber Dribblesnot, maybe?
Orcs have the Strength advantage, but he's got way more Guarders.
A Bombardier might punish him for crowding and allow you to capitalize on your higher Strength if he doesn't.

Also, that might make it easier to commit players to the wide zones and tie his cows up. Neither of them has Break Tackle, amazingly, so that could be viable. Although that's just a minor effect.

Mainly, it should help you by weakening his LOS. And a secret weapon will probably be on the pitch for a while here.

But that's just a thought. I'm mainly here to say that I've been following the team and the blog for a while and wish the Goons the best of luck.
They might need it, after all. :wink:

Reason: ''
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Dont think they can take Star Players or Mercs in the Play-Offs, otherwise a Chainsaw would've been a nice toy :D

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Johnny Blade
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Johnny Blade »

Skarsnikk wrote:Dont think they can take Star Players or Mercs in the Play-Offs, otherwise a Chainsaw would've been a nice toy :D
:oops:
Right, of course.

Actually, I think I'll have a talk with the people in my league about that rule.

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Well, That Blows!

The CCC have been rolled over by the Uncle Crusty's Circus. I had really hoped that the CCC would win (confident I could beat them) and failing that... I hoped that they would at least cause a few MNGs on the Chaos Dwarves. I mean, A Chaos Team with Mighty Blow everywhere and a few claws. It isn't too big an ask is it?

Well Coach Parabola failed to do either... The CCC barely managed to get off the bus and walk into beating. Now the Whole of the Circus Strength is poised to flatten the Goons. This is right where I don't want to be. The Circus are a very dangerous team, with Four Claw players, heaps of Mighty Blow and heaps of guard... even a pair of +ST Dwarves to seal the deal. Now that isn't really that bad... but the Goons rely heavily on their AV and staying power. Once that Advantage is taken away, I will struggle. I really hope I can get lucky on the dice, with a few Good injuries from my side and a drought on his.

I've played against three CD teams, twice against the Circus.

Chaos Dwarves
2 of 3 : 66%
3 - 4 TDs : Avg 1.0 - 1.3
7-16 Cas : Avg 2.5 - 5.3
1-1 Kills : Avg 0.3 - 0.3

One Loss to the Circus and it was a doosie! He nailed me to the cross by inflicting 10 casualties to my 0 and 3 TDs to my 0. The Goons worst performance in it's history.

The Goon Squad, although at Full Strength, is behind 160 points. Out classed and out gunned, the Goons need to face the reality that they will be likely knocked out of the Grand Final. This would be a bitter pill to swallow but there is heart in the fact that the Goons have reached many of their season targets. I have previously mentioned that a 3rd place finish would be in line with the Goons long term goals, and that still stands. If the Circus manage to paste us, we'll still have another game before the end of the season!

But you can't count out a fighting team like the Goons Squad! Backed into a corner they may just come out swinging. They have beaten the Circus once before and if Nuffle wills it, they'll beat them again! Biff will be ready for a corker after spending the whole game in the K/O bin against the Airheads. I personally give the Goons a 40% chance of winning, or at least forcing OT. If the Circus's Injury Dice Go Off like they did last game (with two Casualties, a K/O and a Stun in only 4 blocks) we will likely get creamed again. But if the Goons can get that kind of luck on their side... We'll see you in the finals!

This Sunday Morning We'll know for sure...

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

Good luck against the Circus. And remember, you can always forfit the match if he really starts putting the boot in.

~Andromidius

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Andromidius wrote:Good luck against the Circus. And remember, you can always forfit the match if he really starts putting the boot in.

~Andromidius
A goon never quits!

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
tenwit
Star Player
Star Player

Post by tenwit »

But he does occasionally play bullrush with a mirrored wall just because the other orc looked at him funny.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

bouf wrote:A goon never quits!
Dat'z a lad. Inny Givvin' Sundy.

WAAAAAAAAAGH!

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Andromidius wrote:Good luck against the Circus. And remember, you can always forfit the match if he really starts putting the boot in.
Blasphemy!

We've got faith in the Goons, I reckon a bit of a sneaky game would help here. Hit and run, no protracted battles and score whenever possible, no stalling!!!!

Go Goons!

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Oh and kick the living snott out of them!!!!!!!!!! :D

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Great reports!
Good luck against the Circus!
:D

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

Make one of da klevvar an cunnnin plans!
Aim at the weak spot (not the wallet) the hobgobs.
Go out to win leave the defeatistic attitude at your hut. :orc:

Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

Well I'm just saying it's better to quit with a team then to finish a game with all your best players completely mangled or dead.

~Andromidius

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Not when you're in the quarter finals of a league.

I have no idea if he can keep his team after the finals, for next season, but you dont walk away from a shot at the top.

Besides, we all know he's going to make it ! Show your confidence !!

Go Goons !! Go Goons !!

We will we will GOON you !! *boom boom clap*

Say it ! :D *boom boom clap*

We Will We Will GOON You !!! *boom boom clap*

And then a nifty guitar-solo... :orc:

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

ok Bouf! we are waiting impatiently for your report (while I'm finishing a paper) :lol: did you win??? I hope so...