THUG TANK - Goon Squad Orc Blog - 29 (Semi Final)

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

THUG TANK - Goon Squad Orc Blog - 29 (Semi Final)

Post by bouf »

The Rockey Mountain Goon Squad!

A rough and tumble bunch of Canadian Orcs that have come to Brisbane to Smash their opponents to dust.

After enjoying a bit of a Blog on the R’Lyeh Summoners, I’ve decided to do the same for the Goons.

I’m an old school bash Coach as some of you may know. Dwarves, Orcs, Undead, Chaos, Ogres, CDs, Lizardmen… I’ve coached them all and had my share of success… But since bringing BABBL to life I have largely ignored this trend. So far I’ve coached Amazons and Slann. My Zons finished 2nd overall in the league (only to get eliminated in the Quater finals...) and on the Casualty board. My slann finished 5th but were on top for casualties. I feel the call to get back to my roots (Plus, I am having trouble getting the Slann minis together) so I have gone to the Orcs for another go.

In the past, I’ve done well with the greenies but not Spectacular. Some big games and big wins, but they could be more frequent… I have a habit, or so it would seem, of getting my guys out of position. One dodge out, that I’m sure my guys couldn’t replicate, and I’m playing Chase… I’m a little determined to play deeper defence but have yet to follow my own doctorine.

On the other hand, I’ve laid out substantial beatings with the Orcs. When deciding between Orcs and Slann I had proclaimed that the Orcs can be a fearsome Weapon in my hands… I didn’t want to scare away any opponents so sidled toward Slann. Now my League is determined to make me eat those words just as much as I want to live up to them. I have a record for Beating the Shizzle out of teams and I’m pretty keen to repeat that not that I’m back on the Bash wagon!

The Goon Squad is in a tough Division… a handful of 100 point teams and two at 150+. One miss-step and Wham! Out of the finals. I still like my chances though. I really need to win against the big wigs but it’s the wins against the others that will really pave my road to the finals. Up against Pro elf, High Elf, Humans and Vamps with the Big Wigs being Humans and Orcs, I don’t have any really advantage on the scoring side. Each team could do just fine as clapping down the TDs. I need to play a good defensive game and maintain Ball Control... not something I'm not normally good at.

I’ve set myself the goal of 5 wins (of 8 games) with no more than 1 loss. Lofty perhaps but I’ll need to do better than that if I’m going to make the Midseason Tournament. Both big wigs have what it takes to cane me so that mid season appearance may be a little unrealistic, but I’m thinking I can maintain a 2nd place finish, hopefully I’ll hang on to that through the Late season.

~//~

On a minis Front…

I’m already the proud owner of an Orc team (Including two cheerleaders and a great apoth mini) and have finished painting two Blitzers.
Image Image

I like the Plain White on the Orcs as it fits my paint style and the Orc Flesh adds plenty of colour. Orcs are some of the best Minis going and the extra bits break up the uniform enough to make them look Sweet with two colours.

But I’m a little disheartened about fielding repeat minis… So I’m trying to get some alternatives.

Yesterday I got the weapons off a metal WHFB Black Orc and I’m pretty happy with the look. All that white Armour will really look awesome with the rest of the team around them. So that takes care of the 2 mini Black Orc Range.

I’ve Got a 2nd Ed Orc Thrower on delivery (Thrower #1) and I’m on the look out for another (#2 or #3) so that will take care of the 1mini Thrower Range.

I’ve also got a 2nd Ed Orc Blocker on order (Not sure which, #3 I think) I’m hoping that I can use that as a Blitzer… If not, e-bay and troll for an old school Blitzer. See if that will take care of my 3 mini Blitzer range.

The Troll is a little tougher… I have a Ripper Mini that I was going to use but the Black Orcs have got me in doubt… All that White Armour, Ripper has almost none! I’m thinking of a Conversion or perhaps a replacement mini from Hordes. I’ll finish the team before I worry too much about it.

I hope to have all the Basing done before the end of the weekend (Its hard to find time with three sons, my eldest is only three and one month!) I’ve got the Impact Magnets and Base weights and the Slaters Numbers. If I get that done I’m keen to get this Black Orc painted ASAP.

~//~

Predictions For Game One… (River City Stallions – Human)
Win, Win, Win!
Rocky Mountain Goon Squad - River City Stallions (season 3, round 1)

We all know that I’m a day late and a dollar short here… If you asked me that morning, I’d have predicted a 2-1 or 2-0 win. Sadly, the game didn’t go well for the Goon Squad on a couple of fronts. The opening kick-off saw me with the Ball and the Fame, but a Blitz by the Humans robbed me of some of that advantage. I was pressed quickly on the back foot by some bad rolling and the Stallions did well to keep their head in the game and make me pay. I missed a few Pick up rolls despite Sure Hands and failed 2d Blocks despite Re-rolls… Unfortunately, each cost me dearly. (or maybe Trent made me pay dearly!) Luckily, I managed a Pass a TD on a Last ditch effort to get myself the tie in Turn 8. The Stallions Thrower recovered the ball from three Orc Blitzers as they argued over who would pick up the bal, and passed it back to the LoS. I had one chance to get it back and quite lucky for me I completed the pass at maximum range!

I won’t bemoan my bad dice, nor Trent’s uncanny “10” on AV rolls… I learned something valuable. I still focus too much on bashing and following up. I leave my team exposed in the back pitch as I chase the casualties… which didn’t come in this game. I was out of position due to bad rolls because I was overconfident that I could make the roll. Off runs a Blitzer or two, around the back of my empty little Cage effort, and I’m on the back foot. Will I learn? We’ll see I guess…

In the end, I lost a Black Orc and only won 40K, so still no Apothecary… The game was a 2-2 Draw, 1-1 Cas, 0-1 Kills. (so I’m in third or worse at the moment)

Next Game (Salem’s Lot - Vampires)
I’ve challenged The Lot for my next game… Vamps cam be a tricky team to play against. Their real strength lies in the Vamps doing nothing and crowding the pitch with ST4 and Zoned out players. With the death of my Black Orc (Coco Meatfist) and my low winnings from last game, I have lost my Strength advantage and still have no Apoth. I intend to come out swinging and Smash all the thralls as fast as possible. With no thralls the Vamps will see themselves off the pitch and I should get a solid win.

That’s the plan but Vamps are Tricky… If they don’t fail Bloodlust they are one of the best payers in BB… Fail BL and I’ll have the advantage back. I Predict an even match up and a 2-1 or 3-1 win for the Goons.

Goals…
Win the game, Get 60K at least and no one killed! I need that Apothecary! I also need more players… What I really need is Cash!

Reason: ''
~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

The BB troll with its foot on a ball and another in its hand is always a good one to paint.

I went for Iyanden Darksun undercoat and liked it so much I just highlighted (highlit?) it with Bleached Bone and Skull White from there.

There's quite a bit of armour to satisfy you, and the pose is great.

[url=llhttp://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060999104&orignav=9]Link to picture of GW troll[/url]

Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

I posted this last night:

viewtopic.php?t=25179

River troll with weapon snip and green stuff. Some of the padding is a bit thick and lacking in detail, but it wouldn't take much more skill and/or patience to do a better job. I like most of the troll figures but agree that they're a bit light armour-wise for Blood Bowl.

Good luck against the vamps. My orcs haven't seen a game since there opening win against undead due to scheduling problems, so it's nice to read about what someone else is doing.

CoachScott
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoachScott »

Good stuff 8) I hope to read more :D

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Week Two and I had a Pretty good game.
Goons Vs Salem's Lot - Goons win 4-1

I needed a win and the Vamps served one up! They failed only 7 or 8 Blood lust rolls (after re-rolls) and 5 of those ended in a Casualty. Now that’s both good and bad. It gave me an easy win, but denied me some easy Casualties. I was up 4-1 and had three turns to score my 5th TD (maybe even a 6th) and just couldn’t pick up the ball… Oh well I guess. The two blitzers I had in scoring Range would each have gotten a skill up from a TD but it’s too late for that now. 4 points is still pretty good for an Orc team and his only TD was off that Special play card that lets you move your guys until you roll a 1, then I get to do the same. My counter Blitz was going to me my fourth move and I rolled the 1 in the 2nd Move.

I still really rate the the Vampire team. I think that his only real problem was too many Vamps and the unfortunate habit of straight-up slaughtering his team. We fortunately use the House rule where Vamps who Bloodlust on their thralls can’t do any worse than a Badly Hurt (all BL Casualties auto resolve to BH) so he’s not in bad shape for his next game. He has a Vamp missing the game but that will probably help him out… going from 5 to 4 will equal a big difference on the pitch.

Yes… The Poor Vamps were Smashed in a big way. That puts me in 2nd place in the division, maybe 3rd after the High eves get their next game (against the Vamps). The 9-0 Casualties doesn’t hurt my differential either. I really could have used the TDs, not for the skills but for the point differential. That kind of thing really helps in the end of season and with a tie already under my belt, I need all the help I can get! I managed to acquire my teams first skill ups and took;

Kick-Off Return on my Thrower, Try to cage better.
Tackle on both of my skilled Blitzers, Drag down some of these elf teams and catchers.

Winnings were the worst part. I won the match with FAME but rolled a 1. No Worries, I can Re-Roll… 1.

So I took my Sportily 30K and put it toward an Apothecary. My team isn’t doing as well as I had hoped, but everyone bar my lineman has an SPP and that’s not bad either. I’m one good game from going off. I have 20K left and I really hope to buy back my Black Orc after next game.

I really like to give my guys personality and get a kick out of writing up long player profiles, so I finished my next guys profile already. That’s why I hate to use duplicate miniatures. I make them into individuals, and they should look like it!

You should never look at your own team and wonder what number the mini is. You should be able to say "that mini is 'Joe Dumbnutz' and I know Joe has Block, Tackle & Mighty blow." I really hate refering to my guys by their number. They have names and that's important to me.

~//~

Minis.

I’m sold on the Metal Black Orcs from WFB. I have three (two need stripping) and have lined up a potential fourth. I’m going to use Varag (the old one) as a 4th Blitzer after some conversion, and am on the look out for a second, 2nd edition thrower. I can’t wait to find my 1st in the mail box! I think he’ll be really fun to paint and look great with the team.

I’ve finished a little more basing but have heaps to go. My plan this week is to finish the Basing, Strip the two painted Black Orcs and Paint my 1st Metal Black Orc. If I can get all that done, I’ll have a crack at another Blitzer too.

I think I’ve found a solution for my Troll Question but Give me another week to sort it out before I ruin the Surprise.

~//~

Next Game.

Now this will be tough but I like a Challenge! (I must since it was me who issued the Challenge)
I play the Sanguine Lords of Gilliad. They give up 470K in inducements and since I’m only on my third game, which means that I’m seriously outclassed. He has WAY more skills than I do and I’m going to suffer me thinks. He will struggle with my Strength Advantage and if I can keep from rolling poor I'll win the scrap despite him having Block on the lion’s share of his guys.

He has a few Great players that will be hard to stop. 470K though gives me heaps of options and I’m going in with a great plan of action. A really aggressive play style where I make him work for every inch of pitch. It’s unlikely that he’ll turn over the ball at all, and quite likely that he’ll make me turn it over. As with all Aggressive Inducement strategies, it’s a bit of a gamble. I could go defensive and get a HotPot and an Extra Training RR to maximise my error recovery, but I figure that I have nothing to lose by bringing it to him hard and painful. Really Painful!

I’m playing Orcs after all. Being this far an underdog means that even if I go for Defensive Inducements, there is still a Huge chance I’ll lose. This way I may still lose but I’ll carve a hunk out of him with a little luck. The best part is that his thrower has a 300K bounty on his head. A 300K injection to the team will really get me going! I’m going to go for the throat and try to force him to use his Apo early then put all my eggs in the “Kill Roland” basket!

Now I gotta wait till Tuesday before I get to watch Nuffle make a joke of my best laid plans! There is a really huge chance that I'll shift to another plan before then... Then I'm sure that I'll regret not going with the first!

Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Quick Update!

The High Elves lost to the Vamps 3-4 (in T16 too) He apparently only failed 5 or so BL rolls all game with 4 fielded vamps... And only two of those were K/Os, the rest were stuns.

So that leaves the Goon Squad firmly in 2nd Place for for the next round.

~//~

I did some Glueing on my New Troll last night... I need to Green Stuff up some Gaps and fabricate some knuckle dusters for his Weapon Snips, but he looks the $hi+! I can't wait to paint him. My only problem is the Head... Contemplating a Swap.

I'm keen to get some Accetone or Break Fluid this weekend too... To strip my other two Black Orcs. Gotta buy some Black Spray for undercoat too.

Busy, Busy!

Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Not According to plan…
Goons keep the Lords Winless!

Well, Well, Well… I played against the Lords and came up with a 0-0 tie. It’s the first 0-0 tie in regulation play since the league started. We had 2 others in the dungeon but since only one point is scored amongst three teams, you have to get a 0-0 tie in the pit. In this game however, I can safely say that I had dominance of the board and the Lords were never a real threat to beat me. I managed enough Knock outs and Stuns that he used up all his effort in dispossessing me of the ball, which he was quite good at doing. After he cancelled all the assists he could, and knocked down my ball carrier, he had no-one left to take advantage. However, I may have had control of the drive, but he did an excellent job keeping me out of the end-zone or struggling to pick up the ball. A few more skills on my side would have made a Very significant Difference for sure.

In the end I hired Varag, the Chainsaw and a Bribe. My Plan was to use Varag to pick on Journeymen and the Saw to Foul, Foul, Foul! But that useless Saw kicked back 5 of the 7 or 8 times I used it! The bloody useless thing didn’t do anything for me!!! If my plan came together, The Lords were in a world of hurt… instead, I was unable to mount a significant offence. I managed to build a cage, but without some Guard players or Block on my Black Orcs, I just couldn’t get the cage moving! He had the skills to shut me down and I had the talent to do the same to him.

You couldn’t imagine a more even game! The ball changed hands a few times, but started most turns on the Pitch. I had two real chances to score but the Lords robbed me. At the end of the first, I had three players in the wide zone within TD range when the Lords played the “Lewd Manoeuvres” card and shut down my play. In the 2nd I had a player on the get away with a side step catcher tying him up and Black Orc in range to blitz… I failed a two dice block to free that guy up who would have had a 3 dice blitz against the catcher and opened up the pitch for a get away! SPEW!!!

Here at the other end, I’m still pretty happy that I held him off the score board. I was down 470 points and with only 2 games under my belt, I was sure I’d lose. I don’t think many other people would have tipped me to win either…

~//~

On the development front, I didn’t manage a single skill roll… My Troll seems determined to screw up. All he needs is a Single Casualty to skill up but there seems to be a national shortage. My “Fearsome” team has hardly inflicted any casualties at all. My dice are dead set against me once I say the word “Armour”. But I’m still one game away from going off. Many of my players are on the SPP trail and need very little to get their first skill. With any luck I can keep up the Undefeated streak and start to make it a win Streak.

My two Tackle Blitzers were magic last night. They went a long way to keeping the Lords in check. I also won just enough to by back my lost Black Orc. Best of all, my division leader – a 1700+ orc team – lost last night… so even with another tie under my belt, I’m in a three way tie for division lead! Due to my point differential, I hold 2nd place. If I can keep winning and notch up a win against my two tied division mates, I’ll take the first spot and be in the RotGut Dungeon match after all!

First I need to get another win though… I’ve challenged my division’s High elves (Division Leaders) and Pro elves. Against the high elves I’m just hoping I can get the win and take the lead off him… against the Pro elves I’m not only after the win but the AV7. It’s time I started to get some of these Casualties. But we all know that Elves usually run circles around the Orcs… So I’m not counting my chickens! My team isn’t at all developed so I doubt that I’ll give away inducements, but probably not get many either… Maybe 50K for a card.

Not much planned for purchases. If I can get 60K or more, I might save for a third RR… Less than that I’ll start looking at another Lineman or Goblin.

~//~

Minis…

My troll looks awesome. Now I’m just trying to decide if there will be a head swap in his future… Also, I’ve gotten an eyeful of a great “two tone team” – where the armour is one colour on the left and another on the right – So I’m a bit torn about my guys. Do I paint them white on the left and Red on the right??? That would look more Canadian, and that can only be a good thing. But will it take away from the rest of the mini? Like I said, all the Green Skin make for a good 2nd colour. There is little reason to add a 2nd colour to the mini’s armour.

One colour for Armour + Green skin looks sharp… Will Two Tone Armour look silly?

I’ve got plenty of linemen so I’ll give it a shot tonight after I get my Troll finished. (Still can’t wait to show you guys!)

That’s it for this week. Wish me luck!

Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Quick Update.

I'm upagainst the Maveric Renegades tonight. They are the division leaders should they win toight... If I win, I will lead the division.

If we tie Team Fist will lead the division and be a nightmare to knock out of top spot.

So a lot rides on this game. I get 50K in inducements and we both have 11 player teams going in. He has more skill ups than I do but I have a very significant ST advantage.

If I can get the Injury rolls I should be able to take a comfortabe win... If not, I'll be in a wee bit o' trouble...

Wish me luck!

Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Goon Squad Stones the elves!

2-1 win over the Renegades
2-1 win over the Hustlers

In a tidy pair of wins, the Goons came out on top against the two biggest Scoring threats in DivB. The Elves were suckered into the Good Ol’ “Cage Play” as the goons forced them to score quickly and then suffer a tremendous beating in their attempts to gain control of the ball. Both teams put up quite a fight but all for naught. The Goons held on fast and refused either team even a shot a come back. The Renegades were Squashed outright and they didn’t even manage a good showing, while the Hustlers forced the Goons to work for it, but in the end, couldn’t mount an adequate defence.

The Renegades were helped by their Herculean amount of Re-Rolls (having five) and did an amazing job of the “Dodge out”. They severely limited the number of Blocks and that the Goons could throw and that was amplified by the lack of power the Orcs threw into each block, Often failing to break AV and even failing score a Knock Down. At the end of the match however, the Toll had to be paid and Both the High Elves and Pro Elves paid in full with both teams losing a skilled lineman to the jaws of the beast.

The Goons Suffered as well. The Cursed Jersey #3 claimed the life of yet another Black Orc before the end of a game. Stromboli failed to hear the final whistle against the Renegades and the winnings were to small to replace him. This meant that the Goons were relying on yet another journeyman for their match up against the Hustlers.

Next up was the Chaos Dwarves.

Goons escape victorious 1-0

This game was a little harder. Some sloppy play by the Goons lead to a cage breaking Blitz that had a Hobgoblin a quick sprint from the try line. All seemed lost at the end of the first half until Biff Shatterjaws dodged out of tight coverage and sprinted for all he was worth to clean the Hobbie up and knock him out cold. Some injury time ensued and the 2nd half started scoreless and with the Goons kicking. A Timely Turn over and some High pressure led to the pitch being almost cleared before the 4th turn. The Goons mercifully touched the ball down to give the Dwarves another shot at the end zone, You know… “In the spirit of competition”. In reality I was hoping to score another and increase my TD differential further.

The Aftermath Came close again but the Goons extend their winning streak with yet more high pressure blitzing. Jersey #3, now home to Randy Mongoloid, didn’t live up to it’s reputation and the Horny Black Orc managed to cripple a CD into retirement.

Over these three games I’ve managed a few skills, so that leaves me with…
Black Orc = Block
Thrower = Kick Off Return
Blitzer x 2 = Tackle
Blitzer = Mighty Blow
Blitzer = Tackle, Stand Firm
Lineman = Wrestle

Next Game I’m up against the Goblins of the Sin Bin Pylons. The Little blighters are Goblins for sure but hey can be quite mean! Luckily I don’t give up much in inducements so they only get 80K (I’d bet on them taking a Bribe – We use the 50K bribe rule for Gobs). I have two black Orcs that are 2 points away from their first skill, A blitzer 1 point away, My thrower is only 4 points away as is my newest Black Orc, and my Troll in 1 point off as well. To top it off, my Mighty Blow Blitzer is only 6 points off…

So I’m going in with the hopes of him scoring two TDs, My Thrower and the 15point Blitzer throwing some handy Completions, and a hand full of Casualties for the Black Orcs… All things considered, Not impossible for me to score 5-7 skill ups by the end of the game. With that I should be ready for my last game of he season… Against the 1800+ point TEAM FIST!!!

A win for these last two games would clinch me for a spot in the Mid season Dungeon Tourney and set me up for an 8 game undefeated streak!

Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Tickle time vs The Sin Bin Pylons - Goons win 3-0

The Goons had a shot at playing an old rival when the Pylons (a goblin team) came blowing back to Brisbane on a whirl wind tour of all challanges! The Goons only gave the goblins one bribe in inducements and I think the Pylons were confused by the lack of "Tampering" they could do to the rules. The Squad made a joke of the runts in the first drive and quickly scored a TD while on defence. After that the pylons made it a point to frustrate the Goons as much as possible. Despite over a dozen attempts at knocking the life out of a grubber, all with three dice, not one of my black orcs could score a casualty! Frustrated with my lack of "skill farming" I started to throw passes and hand offs to the black orcs and only just got one TD in the whole of the 2nd half.

All in all, it was a hell of a fun match! I didn't want to cause too much carnage to the Stunties and so I didn't bring the full weight of my tackle equiped blitzers to the fore. Even the kill I scored was more from Borzag's apoth... I rolled -AV and apothed with a 6 and said "ill take that". Imagine my suprise!!!

We both walked away with a smile... and a match against BABBL's zany-est coach should always end as such!

I managed three or four skill ups, Including my Troll finally getting a SPP that wasn't from an MVP. He threw a 2 dice block against the Pylons Fanatic and chose the double down result... Of course I got injured and couldn't regenerate, but at least I managed my first Casualty with the colossal Dummy!With a few under my belt, I was looking at a my last opponent before the mid season tournament.

After that I had to play Team Fist... An orc team with 460 points more TV tnan mine. I didn't have high hopes, but an unlucky game against the Salem's Lot (a 1-0 loss to the Vamps) put Team Fist into a 'Must win' position against me... and I was determined to make him draw the game and miss out on an appearance on the dungeon. (our top four teams at the halfway point play in a 4 way, winner-takes-all Dungeon match) What really had me worried was the avalanche of casualties that I was bound to suffer just before my second championship performance (my amazons got the wild card spot to the dungeon in season one)

Team Fist had been fisting their way through all commers and I was next!

If I caught a beating I may not have much team left for the Dungeon... Assuming I could draw the game...

But...

Fist Fail Fantasticaly- Goons win 2-0

I used my Inducements to get a 200K card (we give out 100K in free cards so I added 100K to get the big card), The Chain Saw and Varag GhoulChewer.

My card came up Bad Habits, I was hoping for the Death roller or the Kid Gloves... Maybe the Lightning bolt/Fireball, but the Bad Habits was an unexpected supprise and It took away 2 of the Fists 4 re-rolls. 120K in TV for a 200K card still aint shabby, and I think it payed off nicely!

The Fist caged it up but left a tiny hole for me to squeeze into and after a little luck I turned over the ball and was off for a point while on defence. My Saw fouled everyone of value and Varag scored a casualty. Now the Fist would need to score two points to make it to the Dungeon, and you could see it on my opponents face that he knew it wasn't likely.

At the half time whitsle I K/Oed two Black Orcs and everything was coming up good for me. His punishment had only begun however... I fumbled a pass and then Failed to catch another so the Fist looked good to recover, but he missed a Blitz with his Troll (Failed Really Stupid) and tried to dodge into coverage get the ball off my blitzer who failed his catch. I was about to spew openly when his AG4 Blitzer pulled off three dodges and a GFI - all into tackle zones - and rolled for his last GFI before his pick up attempt. Luckily (for me) he rolled the fated 1 and stacked it onto the ball... which bounced to my blitzer and he promptly cought it!

after some more grinding, I K/Oed 5 more players and waltzed in a TD with a Black Orc.

~

Now I have a Skill on all my players but one Black Orc and my new addition (a goblin)

I'm off to the Dungeon with 152 points of Orcy Goodness and I'm up against a 210+ Necro team, a 175+ Wood elf team, and it looks like a 155+ Lizardman team. All in all, I don't like my chances, but anything can happen in the dungeon and more than any other Blood Bowl game, it comes down to dumb luck.

I guess we'll have to see what happens!

My next post could be as RotGut III Champoins???

Or find me on YouTube!
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Sounds like you're a bit undermatched, eh Bouf?
It seems you win no matter what you're coaching and who you're facing.
Come to the MBBL and try your luck with some of the big boys :D

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

"Flex"
I'm pretty awesome eh?

:oops: :lol: :wink:

I've never tried PBEM... I'm not sure it'll be my kettle of fish... I quickly grew to hate FumBBL. I'm not really even looking forward to the Blood Bowl Computer game. I'll end up buying it and playing it far too much... that will take away from my "League Time"! I suppose I could give it a shot...

My reccord since starting BABBL about 2-3 yearsa ago has been: (W-T-L) <Cas for- Against>
Orcs - One of the best teams in BB (6-2-0) <31-7>
Slann - an Awesome team I may still go back to. Fun and champion material (13-1-5) <73-34>
Amazons - a team I'd never seen on the pitch, A little too easy for my taste (15-3-4) <64-43>

In the BABBL Pre season (Pre website) I played the following
Orcs - Goons first try (4-1-0) <10-4>
Slann - First try at the frogs (5-1-4) <20-27>
Skaven - I had two MA10 Sprint guys but failed to OTS almost every game! (7-2-6) <23-62>
Ogres - Fun but not a good team for long term play (20-2-23) <186-167>
Nurgle - my first LRB5 team and first time back to BB since '98 (5-1-8 ) <54-22>

Thats a total of (75-13-50) <461-330>

So I'm doing a little better than 50% over my recorded carreer, and while good, it's not Fantastic!

Or find me on YouTube!
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Bouf,
all I meant is that you've said that: Orcs are one of the best teams, slann are awesome, amazons are too good, and you've felt like a cheater after playing dwarfs.
So - if everything you're playing feels too easy, perhaps it is you who are broken?

Good luck with the Goon Squad.
Also, PM sent.
Cheers
Martin

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

plasmoid wrote:perhaps it is you who are broken?

Cheers
Martin
You've been talking to my wife???

There is a guy playing Necromantic in our league that has a 85+% win rate and in 40+ games, he has only lost 3.

Necros are Broken! (not really, this guy is like some kind of luck magnet!... Plus he's a good strategest. Thats a Painful Combo!)

The Goons are looking forward to Breaking them permanantly!

Or find me on YouTube!
SirShadowcat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SirShadowcat »

How did it go against the necros?