Khemri Decay - LRB 6 Test Team Blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Khemri Decay - LRB 6 Test Team Blog

Post by Marlow »

Salutations Readers,

Now we have a new format team I have started another test team to see if they perform any better than the Break Tackle Guardians.

Total Games - 14
Win - 5 Draw - 3 Lost - 6

Khemri Decay -
http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL/teamView.php?teamid=872

Game One vs High Elves - Lost
Started well (I actually scored) but went downhill as I could not pick up the ball in the second half. No Casulties and thus no skills.

Game Two vs Humans - Lost
Mud caused me to not pick up the ball at all! Got five casulties, but the Skeleton with two of them was killed, Igor saved my other death. Fun game but not much progress for the team. First Guardian skilled up and I took Guard to help out the rest of the team.

Game Three vs Necro - Lost
Started well, but he was regeneratng and I was not. Even with Igor I ended with dead Skely and MNG Throw-Ra.

Game Four vs Slann - Lost
Team is starting to become Bash with a second Guardian skilling up. I did well at getting the Slann off the field but they were just too agile to stop scoring (Blitz did not help). I was at least able to score this game.

Game Five vs Dark Elves - Lost
Another loss, however the team is starting to turn into Bash. With only two skilled mummies I took out most of the DE team and was able to score. Problem was most of them were KO's so they kept coming back. Three Guardians (thanks to interception & MVP) skilled up at end of game. New TV 115.

Game Six vs Undead - Won!
Two Guardians with Guard & Mighty Blow really made a difference. I was also lucky with fouling two Ghouls off the pitch (BH and Dead) to limit their ball handling. Took four turns to pick up the ball in the first half! Three more players skilled up. I felt the extra point of movement really helped against the Mummies. New TV 122, FF 1.

Game Seven vs Chaos Pact - Won!
Another game where a coupe of guard/MB players were a real asset and, with fouling, I was able to clear the field. Helped by opponet killing a player on the GFI! Purchased a twelve Player. New TV 127, FF 2.

Game Eight vs Slann - Lost
Another Agility team that I could not deal with, all that Leap was a problem. Did get +St on a Blitz-Ra so that should help. New TV 132.

Game Nine vs Dwarves - Won
Managed to score at the end of my half and get a Blitz at the start of the second half so I got the ball as well. We spent most if the second half fighting over it on the line but I manged to get man advantage and won the game 2-0. A Skeleton got his third MVP and one Guardian is MNG so new TV 128.

Game Ten vs Dwarves (Again) - Won
First half I scored on my drive. Second half I broke there drive and scored for a 2-0 victory. All my high strength and Guard caused him several turnovers. Managed to regen the important players but fired a Skeleton who got -AV. Back to all four Guardians for next game so TV is 140.

Game Eleven vs Elves - Draw
Elves scored and I just failed to make it one all at half time. He only have five players for the second half but I had no thrower so took three turns to pick up the ball so was only able to make it a one all finish. He only had one player left on the pitch when I scored! Purchased another reserve as four players got sent off for fouling. Fun game. New TV 146.

Game Twelve vs Necro - Win
A very seat of the pants game. Skeleton managed to pickup & Pass on Turn 16 for the winning TD. Got Three Bones in the Sin Bin from fouling and thee Casulties but he kept regenerating. Skeleton and Thrower Skilled up and purchased another Reserve. FF 4. New TV 155.

Game Thirteen vs Ogre - Draw
A good game but nothing I could do about the flying snot for the one turn TD and win.

Game Fourteen vs Dark Elf - Draw
This was an odd game. I was making all my agiiity rolls, but could not hurt any Elves. Strangly I was able to hold my own. March down the pitch and score and then do it again next half. My best result against an agility team.

Reason: ''
Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

Hi,

Grats on being daring enough to take Khemri under the new rules.

I'll be dumping my Khemri team at the end of this season, becuase of these rules.

Your team is progressing better than I would have expected - you've actually got a skill after the first two games - on a Guardian, no less - with two more skills waiting in the wings!

I'll be following your blog with interest - maye youcan convince me to pick them up again in another season.

Cheers,

Nestyr

"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Five games and two TD so far. Not that good, but about the same as what I had with Break Tackle Guardians. So far I am prefering the Decay style for the extra move.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

Marlow wrote:Five games and two TD so far. Not that good, but about the same as what I had with Break Tackle Guardians. So far I am prefering the Decay style for the extra move.
FYI: My Khemri team had a rough first 5-6 games also. IIRC I was 1-1-4. After I got a couple of rerolls though I started doing much better.

Against bashy teams I found, once I got TV built-up, I would do fine. Against agility teams I had terrible problems countering their manueverability.

Another [huge?] problem that I ran into is Khemri don't skill up very fast at all. My TV goes up about 50% slower than a lot of the good teams in my league so trying to keep up in TV terms is hard.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Alamar wrote:Another [huge?] problem that I ran into is Khemri don't skill up very fast at all. My TV goes up about 50% slower than a lot of the good teams in my league so trying to keep up in TV terms is hard.
I am not too worried about the overall Team Value, I just want to get a few skills on players. I am happy to have lots of inducements once the Skeletons have Block.

My main problem is trying to pick up the ball before the Agility teams dance over and score. Even with Sure Hands it is not going well.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

Marlow wrote:
Alamar wrote:Another [huge?] problem that I ran into is Khemri don't skill up very fast at all. My TV goes up about 50% slower than a lot of the good teams in my league so trying to keep up in TV terms is hard.
I am not too worried about the overall Team Value, I just want to get a few skills on players. I am happy to have lots of inducements once the Skeletons have Block.

My main problem is trying to pick up the ball before the Agility teams dance over and score. Even with Sure Hands it is not going well.
My problems weren't that so much ... My main problems were once I got into my cage there wasn't really a good way I could protect myself from Assn and other players with Leap. I tried fouling / blocking / etc. but they just wouldn't die :)

zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

My problem is to many deaths/permanant injuries to major players on all 3 of my new Khemri teams. The one team I got luck with 2 block TGs I have ruinned the skelies with DP, need Block instead.

I admit I am not a very good Bashy Player, prefer my Ag teams.
I like my passing.

The one thing I have really noticed is that most games with Rain, I have failed to pick up the ball all game. And out of less than 20 games I have played 6 of them in the Rain.

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

zephard wrote:My problem is to many deaths/permanant injuries to major players on all 3 of my new Khemri teams. The one team I got luck with 2 block TGs I have ruinned the skelies with DP, need Block instead.

I admit I am not a very good Bashy Player, prefer my Ag teams.
I like my passing.

The one thing I have really noticed is that most games with Rain, I have failed to pick up the ball all game. And out of less than 20 games I have played 6 of them in the Rain.
When it's raining [as bad as it sounds] I actually plan that I will fail to pick up the ball and I try to position my players to keep the AG teams off the ball until I can manage to pick it up.

I've only had 2 or so full games in the rain. I lost both [both against Elves IIRC]. The rain hurt but it didn't kill my chances ... I was largely outcoached in those games so I have to chalk that up to "that's life" ...

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

With or without rain I find it best to place two other players next to the ball so I have a chance to catch it on the bounce. In fact I think I 'pick up' the ball more from a lucky bounce than using sure hands. :lol:

Statisticly it is a 75% chance for the Throw-Ra in normal conditions. It just never seems to happen that way.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

Marlow wrote:With or without rain I find it best to place two other players next to the ball so I have a chance to catch it on the bounce. In fact I think I 'pick up' the ball more from a lucky bounce than using sure hands. :lol:

Statisticly it is a 75% chance for the Throw-Ra in normal conditions. It just never seems to happen that way.
I've had pretty good luck with sure hands [even in the rain] so I can't really complain. For most instances of folks that are unlucky you expect there should be other instances where folks are lucky ... I've had almost stupid-good luck across the board with Khemri.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Another loss for the Team :cry:

Even with the Movement increase I can not see myself picking Khemri over Orcs as a team to run. Maybe I still have not got the nack for running them but the lack of Block hurts.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

Marlow wrote:Another loss for the Team :cry:

Even with the Movement increase I can not see myself picking Khemri over Orcs as a team to run. Maybe I still have not got the nack for running them but the lack of Block hurts.
I think Khemri is designed where it won't replace Orcs as "the team to run" ... IIRC the hopes are to get the team towards to bottom end of Tier 1.5

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Alamar wrote: I think Khemri is designed where it won't replace Orcs as "the team to run" ... IIRC the hopes are to get the team towards to bottom end of Tier 1.5
I never expected them to replace Orcs. I just do not find either vertion of Khemri interesting to play.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

I just bought a Khemri team so keep this thread up to date about do's and don'ts. Please :lol:

I figure with the new rules many people WONT be using them, which in turn makes them more appealing for me to use.

Nice roll on the Blitz-Ra, now you just have to roll Ag on the Throw-Ra and you-re set :wink:

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Lictor wrote:I just bought a Khemri team so keep this thread up to date about do's and don'ts. Please :lol:

Nice roll on the Blitz-Ra, now you just have to roll Ag on the Throw-Ra and you-re set :wink:
Do expect to fail pick up rolls. Don't expect to get Block on Guardians.

Game nine was a lot of fun. I just managed to score on the first half with a 1/2 dice Blitz which MNG'ed one Dwarf. My Throw-Ra got +AV on a 6+4 and I have three Guardians with MB & Guard.

The funniest thing about the game was the Throw-Ra failing all there 75% chance to pick up ball with Sure Hands and Blitzers managing to pick up on 6's in TZ's.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.