Khemri Decay - LRB 6 Test Team Blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

The choice is

a) 4 5 1 9 Regen, Decay or
b) 3 5 1 8 Break Tackle, Regen or
c) 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regen

I think the default option is actually c), so I have a strange feeling this is what we will end up at. All indications point towards a), but I have this odd feeling that we will all be very surprised (and many very unhappy.)

EDIT: AV 8 on option b)

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If we get c) I think there'll be a collective sigh of relief from many.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Jural wrote:The choice is

b) 3 5 1 9 Break Tackle, Regen or

I think the default option is actually c), so I have a strange feeling this is what we will end up at. All indications point towards a), but I have this odd feeling that we will all be very surprised (and many very unhappy.)
I am hoping for C myself although i'll be happy with B aswell.

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I thought that Galak had said, in the discussions arising from Pippy's Khemri Blog, that C was not an option. I understood that the final ruling would be either option A or B.

Catt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Catt »

duttydave wrote:

I thought that Galak had said, in the discussions arising from Pippy's Khemri Blog, that C was not an option. I understood that the final ruling would be either option A or B.
The break-tackling option only had AV8 IIRC.

I remember reading a post where he said that C was extremely unlikely to the point of being a non-option.

Having just started playing a LRB 6.0 Khemri team I can see how useful break tackle would be even on a movement 3 player.

To be honest having decay seems to be a pointlessly aggressive way of reducing the effectiveness of Tomb Guardians because its effects are not consistent. Sometimes decay will be have no net negative effect but when it does have a net negative effect its a really nasty thing - especially on a key positional costing 100K.

Anywway I know this has been gone over a million times so I will stop there! :wink:

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I think a is decent playable team.
But why on earth it needs decay is beyond me.

I think the process went like this:
1. Mighty blow khemri was a brutal team, and the mummies rarely got hurt.
2. To reduce the staying power of the mummies, they got turned into the break tackle version and dropped to AV8.
3. When they got lifted back up to AV9, it was obviously felt that they still needed to be vulnerable somehow.
But as I said, why such a weak (didn't say unplayable) team needs a weakness like this is a bit of a mystery.

In fact, considering that stunty will be tweaked for this exact reason in LRB - it makes already weak teams unrewarding to play long term - I doubt the wisdom of smacking khemri with decay.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Somewhere Galak has said something along the lines of "It would take an act of God, or the complete removal of all members of the BBRC for the LRB 5 Khemri team to stay around."

So not impossible, but almost unimagineable.

Personally though, I'm don't know if anyone can be very sure of anything. Galak has been surprised before by JJ, and JJ has been surprised by GW.

With no inside information at all, I still think something shocking may happen here. Cyanide's game, the possibility of a printed rulebook, and the random effects that the X-Box release will have on the game all are wild cards in my book.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

My crystal ball (and everyone else's as well) went pretty foggy over a year ago in relation to BB.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

I won game twelve, so getting closer to 50% (5.5/12)
It is interesting to see how much better the team has got with just a few skills after loosing the first five games I was suddenly able to compete it seems due to Guard & MB, and having reserves so I could foul.

With most of my teams I only fould 2-3 times a game however Khemri are like Goblins and seem to need to foul every turn to get enough opposing players off the pitch. Does anyone else find this?

My Guardians are now on 25,22,17 & 2 Skill Points. The last guy just can not get a lucky break and get started. My Blitz-Ra's should get a second skill next game and the Throw-Ras now both have two skills. Half the Skeletons have nothing (I just foul with them).

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
khudzlin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by khudzlin »

the need to foul (nearly) every turn has been present for a long time in khemri (it was already there in lrb4 -- multiple dirty players and a deep bench meant you could afford to ignore the eye, and getting the ref would make your day)

given khemri's low agility, it's hardly a surprise they badly need to get a numeric advantage by all means fair or (especially) foul to get a good chance of winning

Catt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Catt »

khudzlin wrote:the need to foul (nearly) every turn has been present for a long time in khemri (it was already there in lrb4 -- multiple dirty players and a deep bench meant you could afford to ignore the eye, and getting the ref would make your day)

given khemri's low agility, it's hardly a surprise they badly need to get a numeric advantage by all means fair or (especially) foul to get a good chance of winning
Indeed. And even then they still struggle. The four key players on a Khemri team aren't too slow (the 2 blitz-ra's and thro-ras) but without support from their slower team mates they are two vulnerable.

Fouling helps to reduce pressure on Khemri by freeing up your players but you still have to be able to advance down the pitch and if you loose the ball recovering it can loose you turns very easily even when the opponent's mostly in the dead and injured box because of AG 2.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

I did not mean to imply that fouling was a new stratagy for the team, it just seems they can not do anything else...

Games are now at least interesting. I just do not find anything appealing about any vertion of the team. I am playing Ogres next. Which is going to be about the only game where Guardians are going to perform better than Black Orcs.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Fourteen Games down and I think this is the end of the line for the Playtest team. One of my Guardians still has not got his first skill (which is disapointing). Hoping for a double everytime they skill up so you can get Block is just frustrating. Personally I would still rather play Orcs, but as a "challanging" team they certainly met the criteria.

I was pleased that for my final game I was able to hold an Agility team to a draw. It was the best result I have got against Elves.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.