Khemri Decay - LRB 6 Test Team Blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

I am thinking of starting with -

4x Mummy
1x Blitz-Ra
1x Throw-Ra
5x Skeleton
3x RR

I don't like the thought of starting with no Block or no Sure Hands so I am thinking it might be the way to go.

My league is still playing under LRB 5.0 and I have picked up this side to learn how to play a different style, but I am not sure yet how to use them.

Any basic instructions to offer? :D

Reason: ''
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Lictor wrote: My league is still playing under LRB 5.0 and I have picked up this side to learn how to play a different style, but I am not sure yet how to use them.
Any basic instructions to offer? :D
I would always take the two Blitz-Ras, you need the starting Block.

With LRB 5 I would be tempted to go with all 8 Posisonals, 3 Skeltons & 2 Re-rolls. Otherwise I would drop the Throw-Ras and start with 3 re-rolls.

Lack of Block on the Mummy/Guardian does result in a lot of Turnovers so you want to try and hit opponents who do not have block so at least you have a chance of taking them out anyway. Do not let Mummies get seperated from the team or they will get picked on.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

I have played ten games and won 4, so performance is just better than Goblins! :cry:

Movement four has been really good for repositioning high strength Guard players and ensuring the opponent can only get lots of one dice blocks.

Skeletons failing Regen has been much more of a problem than Decay. I have lost three Skelies over ten games and Decay has resulted in one MNG. I know others have had harsh results from some bad rolls but I just do not see it as, overall, being that bad a disadvantage for the Guardians.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

Bumping in with my own progress. I like to think of myself as a gobbo coach, so maybe I'm used to getting the proverbial short end, but I thought the Khemri an attractive proposition.

Anyway, so far, I've played four games against High Elves, Norse, Wood Elves and Vampires and lost only to the Norse team 0 - 1. I've scored five touchdowns and caused seven casualties so far. My real problem has been dying Tomb Guardians - I've lost two already and each had two casualties to their credit as well. One skeleton has also bitten the dust; I guess I've been getting more 'death' results than one would expect, but then, one probably wouldn't expect my early success, either.

Anyway, as things go so far, it looks like the Blitz-ras and Thro-ras are really to be the main players for most teams, with most Tomb Guardians coming and going too often to stay in the picture long enough to gain many skills, not to mention the difficulty they have in getting SPP's at all.

I'll update later after a few more games, but I don't really don't see what the deal is with all the whining so far.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wanchor wrote:but I don't really don't see what the deal is with all the whining so far.
You answered your own question in your own post!
Wancor wrote:Anyway, as things go so far, it looks like the Blitz-ras and Thro-ras are really to be the main players for most teams, with most Tomb Guardians coming and going too often to stay in the picture long enough to gain many skills, not to mention the difficulty they have in getting SPP's at all.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

I actually don't see how that's a problem more than any other team's inherent drawbacks.

katadder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by katadder »

my khemri are plodding along quite nicely. havent lost any TGs or even had any injured and thats with playing standard undead and their mummies twice.
2 TGs have block with one of them having mighty blow and the other 1 spp away from second skill.

decay has not played any part in their games as yet as people either dont block that many st5 guys or if they do av9 has been enough to stop the few that got knocked down getting hurt.

my main problem with khemri is actually picking up the ball, have drawn a couple of games on that problem alone ( 1 skele spent 6 turns trying to pick it up).

current record for the team is 1/4/2 so not too bad, just cant score as cant pick up the ball.
of those 7 games, 2 have been against chaos, 2 against undead, 1 halfling, 1 underworld and 1 high elf.

[quote="Panda"]I blame katadder for my inevitable downfall :wink:[/quote]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wanchor wrote:I actually don't see how that's a problem more than any other team's inherent drawbacks.
Because, to my mind, and also going from a fluff perspective, the Mummies are meant to be the Stars of the team, with lesser players filling in around them. The skellies, even positional ones, aren't meant to be the best players on the team.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

from a fluff perspective there shouldn't be a khemri team imo

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Won the 43 coach Season after 22 grueling games against 16 different teams
I lead the league with 44 points, 41 cas, 39Td (was not the highest TD by a long shot)

Lost only 1 TG
Had lots of Decay injuries, MNG, Nig, Bench but they survived to the end

Decay is cool no need to change it or the TG who use it

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

Darkson wrote:
Wanchor wrote:I actually don't see how that's a problem more than any other team's inherent drawbacks.
Because, to my mind, and also going from a fluff perspective, the Mummies are meant to be the Stars of the team, with lesser players filling in around them. The skellies, even positional ones, aren't meant to be the best players on the team.
They're not mummies, they're Tomb Guardians. Heh.

I'm not so sure about who's 'meant' to be the star of the team, but as it happens, it looks like the Thro-ras are the ones in the limelight as everyone seems to worry about picking on the Tomb Guardians. I'd agree that it's odd and different that a ST5, 100k player might be considered kind of expendable, but that just seems to be the nature of the team - no wants to deal with the mummies, so they try hard to remove them, so that lets other players get by (playing one's cards right).

I'd like to see the Tomb Guardians get both Break Tackle and Decay, keeping MA4 and AV9, kicking up the price, but I doubt it'll be an option.

Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

Two more games, two more victories, this time against a Skaven squad and the Vampires from my past, out for blood. I maintained a shutout and found Sinnedbad to be an ideal inducement for play against the rats (as one might expect, I suppose).

The team now has four Tomb Guardians again, only two have skilled up. I decided on Mighty Blow for both of them in an attempt to keep the SPP's coming before they meet their doom. The Thro-ras are still the stars; one is now a blodger quite close to his next level. I also gave Mighty Blow to a Blitz-ra; I hope to put up a decent grind game for the next few matches and see how that carries me.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Wanchor wrote:
Darkson wrote:
They're not mummies, they're Tomb Guardians. Heh.

I'm not so sure about who's 'meant' to be the star of the team, but as it happens, it looks like the Thro-ras are the ones in the limelight as everyone seems to worry about picking on the Tomb Guardians. I'd agree that it's odd and different that a ST5, 100k player might be considered kind of expendable, but that just seems to be the nature of the team - no wants to deal with the mummies, so they try hard to remove them, so that lets other players get by (playing one's cards right).

I'd like to see the Tomb Guardians get both Break Tackle and Decay, keeping MA4 and AV9, kicking up the price, but I doubt it'll be an option.
Funny how you should say that as I saw a rules update resource download PDF on the UK Gamesworkshop site that changes the mummies to tomb guardians (still has regen) and does not have decay for them, but has break tackle instead ... sadly the title says 2007 rules review and the 2008 rules review from this site says decay and has no breaktackle... yet the 2007 update is still on the UK GW site?

I guess break tackle was too over powered or something.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

worthy wrote:I guess break tackle was too over powered or something.
It is still in testing. In a couple of months the BBRC will vote on if they prefer BT or Move 4 & Decay, or just leave the team as is. I expect they will choose BT, but I prefer the Decay Guardians.

Game Eleven was a draw against Elves. Much better this time as I was able to get lots of KO results, sadly could not quite get the casulties to make the game into a win. One square movement short of making the first half one all. Second half was easy, once I managed to pick up the ball (three turns as both throwers were missing). I did get four players sent off so I picked up an extra reserve. Lack of block on line-bones is still an issue.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Marlow wrote:In a couple of months the BBRC will vote on if they prefer BT or Move 4 & Decay, or just leave the team as is. I expect they will choose BT, but I prefer the Decay Guardians.
I have a horrible feeling you may be pleased. :(

[Note: Before anyone jumps on this, this is NOT inside info, this is just a gut feeling. ]