swntzu's Khemri blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Since you've already got one dodge you should get another. That way you've a better chance of avoiding a team with only one tackler.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

The point of Blodge on Blitz-ras is to keep them on their feet, not to dodge away.

I would take 2 blodgers since it gives you a rare set of skills and flexibility.

katadder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by katadder »

cyagen wrote:The point of Blodge on Blitz-ras is to keep them on their feet, not to dodge away.

I would take 2 blodgers since it gives you a rare set of skills and flexibility.
i know that, however it hasnt stopped me from dodging my blitz-ras away to go after the ball carrier.

[quote="Panda"]I blame katadder for my inevitable downfall :wink:[/quote]
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

IMO a willingness to dodge with Blitz-Ras and Throw-Ras is vital for playing Khemri.

Most coaches are going to know enought to put tackle zones on your most mobile guys who are also most likely to have Block or Blitzy skills (Frenzy, Tackle, Mighty Blow).

Throwing in the odd dodge keeps them guessing and a 75% (with a reroll) short might be the only chance you have against a good coach.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
nyarlathotep
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nyarlathotep »

Kick off return is a mandatory skill for throw-ras.

It means you might be able to Catch the ball on the kick-off instead of trying to pick it up - without risking a turnover.

ImageBloodbowl for your ears!
swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like dodge and KOR.

swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Game 7 against Orcs
Result: 0-1 and 2-1 on casualties

To be honest I'd rather forget that I'd played this game. I only lost the game due to the opposing coach conveniently calling illegal procedure on me without informing me before the match began. The constant taunting and unsportsmanlike behaviour didn't help either.

Suffice to say that I will never be playing this coach again as he was responsible for probably the worst blood bowl game that I have played so far.

The team in question was a rookie orc team which ended up taking the orc chainsaw, an apothecary and a wizard that was never used. As for the match, a deep kick meant that I was on the back foot to start after receiving but I managed to grind my way up the field. At this point illegal procedure was called and the extra reroll was used to perform complete an otherwise failed dodge to put another tackle zone on my ball carrier. Needless to say I failed the dodge that I needed to score.

The second half saw him score in 5 turns and I very nearly scored back with a two turner but it didn't work out. A pitch invasion didn't exactly help either.

In conclusion, anyone who calls illegal procedure without first telling his opponent that the rule is being enforced should be shot.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

swntzu wrote:In conclusion, anyone who calls illegal procedure without first telling his opponent that the rule is being enforced should be shot.
I think that is a bit OTT considering it is in the rulebook, if you want to ignore a rule I was say the onus is you to mention it at the start.

Though I agree that most people don't want to play hoomin again ;]

swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Heh fair enough. It was more to do with his unsporting behaviour though.

Just to clear it up in case anyone thought otherwise, this was just some random and not hoomin lol.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

swntzu wrote: Just to clear it up in case anyone thought otherwise, this was just some random and not hoomin lol.
I thought it was Ant who was taking Orcs...

Team Scotland Record:

Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

swntzu wrote:To be honest I'd rather forget that I'd played this game. I only lost the game due to the opposing coach conveniently calling illegal procedure on me without informing me before the match began. The constant taunting and unsportsmanlike behaviour didn't help either.
To be honest, this sounds a lot more unsportsmanlike than someone ambushing you with an IP or doing a little taunting. Good sportsmen don't blame the loss on one controversial play.

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

PubBowler wrote: I thought it was Ant who was taking Orcs...
Not me. Seeing as you and hoomin have been missing presumed dead 2 more coaches have joined the fray :P

swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Pink Horror wrote:To be honest, this sounds a lot more unsportsmanlike than someone ambushing you with an IP or doing a little taunting. Good sportsmen don't blame the loss on one controversial play.
Say what you like but the reroll allowed him to put a second tackle zone on my ball carrier.

You don't have to read my contributions if you don't want to and I certainly don't see myself littering someone else's blog with unhelpful comments.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

And just to litter this blog with another unhelpful commentTM
purdindas wrote:
Seeing as you and hoomin have been missing presumed dead 2 more coaches have joined the fray :P
[/quote]

Yeah, it's rubbish isn't it.

When are the play offs starting?
And what is the likely TV going to be?

I'm thinking about harassing the commish to let me enter a developed team from a previous league or allowing inducements in.

Team Scotland Record:

swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

I'm finished with my rage for now.

Anyway looks like playoffs will be in June at some point. My Khemri are sitting at 133 and are unlikely to advance much more if I keep getting IP called on me. The other teams seem to be at a similar level or a bit higher.