Nordland Lions - The Real Deal

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Nordland Lions - The Real Deal

Post by stashman »

The New Season is alive and kicking! Last season I started Cyclone Comets, a HE team. I went to final but lost 4-0 against a WE team. Well, it wasn't my day that day :(

I have tried out a human team before, for fun and tried the crazy throwing/running blitzer thing but now it's the real deal!

Starting team, TV 91
3 Blitzers
2 Throwers
6 Lineman
4 Rerolls
90K in cash (first plan was FF9 but I droped that)

First game vs. Aristocrats (High Elf)
I induced Helmut "The Chainsaw" Wulf and he did great, not in the casualty manor, but as the number one blocking piece. That made my other players more "free" and I managed to win 2-1.

That was sneaky to have a chainsaw in the first game. You got a 12th player and he can do damage if you have som good injury rolls.

How got the spp?

Blitzer 3 pts for TD
Thrower 4 pts for Comp + TD
Lineman 2 pts for Cas
Lineman 5 pts for MVP

I don't think I will do the thrower/runner/blitzer but maybe. It's cool and it's "tricky". If I roll a double on a blitzer I think I will take Accurate and then Strong Arm on a normal roll.

Throwers will act as better linemen, so Block is first. Maybe Strong Arm on a double.

Linemens will get Block in the early stages (when there is little blockers) or else I will get Wrestle on them. On doubles I will probably get them Guard, Side Step or Stand Firm. Just to make them great on the defence.

Shall I buy an ogre or keep playing with Helmut some more games?

Got 70K in winnings (160K in chest), one lineman is missing next game and I got fans! So TV is 92.

Reason: ''
stashman

Post by stashman »

Second game vs. Crooked Moon Vipers (Goblin)

Didn't buy an ogre, I got a blitzer and a catcher instead and that helped me.

It wasn't that easy in the begining of the match, but I won 4-1 aginst the small green gobbos. I loved that the gobbos made a TTM TD in the last turn.

My catcher did great! Comp, TD, Cas and got Block as skillchoice.

My none skilled thrower was hot!!! 3 comps, a Cas, a TD and MVP = 13 spps and I rolled 11 +AG was the direct choice!

Don't know whos next but I will score with the AG4 thrower so I can get next skill, and I will probably take Block becuse it will make him an allround player.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Third game vs. Djupets Fasor (Deep Horrors) (Necromantic)

Won 2-1 but it wasn't easy. My skilled AG4 thrower got a new skill and rolled normal, so he got Block. Makes him reliable.

Fourth game vs. Dark Elfia Flyers (Dark Elf)

I got smashed to pieces! 0-5 in casualties and not much player left standing. Lost 1-2.

Fifth game vs. Mordheim Mutants BBC (Nurgle)

This game was all mine!!! Won 4-0 and skilled up 3 blitzers.

After 5 games I have a rather high TV137 with 13 players. 4 FF and 4 RR and a treasury of 160,000 gold crowns!

This is the team now and only one game left before play-offs.

Blitzer: Diving Tackle (8 spp)
Blitzer: Tackle (8 )
Blitzer: Guard (8 )
Blitzer: (5)

Catcher: Block (10)

Thrower: Block (7)
Thrower: AG4, Block (20)

Lineman: Block (10)
Lineman: Wrestle (8 )
4x Lineman: (0)

Shall I buy an Ogre?