Halfling Team Blog : Pie Flinging Flubbers

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Halfling Team Blog : Pie Flinging Flubbers

Post by Joemanji »

Thought I'd test out the LRB6 Halfling team in the MBBL play-by-email league. It is a completely open league, you can challenge or be challenged by anyone, regardless of TV. A challenge must be accepted or you forfeit.

I started out with:

2 Treemen
9 Halflings
3 Rerolls
310K in the treasury

for a TV of 69.

Game 1 vs "Go Green" (Orcs) TV 150.

I induced Morg, Deeproot, The Chef and a Babe.

The Orcs went in with much bravado, and started well winning +2 FAME and the toss. I kicked, and the Orc drive started reasonably, stunning one tree, knocking down the other and getting the ball with a Block goblin. However, they caged up tight right in front of Deeproot and a proned tree (who then got up). I dodged a Fling into the cage, and so was able to chain push Deeproot next to his goblin ball carrier. Push back. Morg blitzed in for 6 dice but got more push backs. Still, I had Morg and Deeproot in the middle of his cage. The Orcs hit some Flings that had commited for the chain push, but nothing went squish. The Goblin then tried to dodge away but failed and BH himself, the ball landing next to my 2 stars. Great turn of events for me. Deeproot then KO'd a black orc. The Orcs made no attempt to pressue the ball and went hunting Flings to no avail. I managed to get the ball and went to chuck the ball carrier downfield ... but the Tree rooted on a snake eyes leaving him exposed. He duly got knocked down, but the ball bounced ok and next turn I was able to clear off 3 Orc TZs with a chainpush blitz and Deeproot block (KOing a black orc). Got the ball, ran on and screened the Orcs off with a wall of big guys and a second layer of flings. Stalled out like this for 1-0 at half time.

At the half we both had a KO and a BH each for 11 v 11.

Second half I got one RR from the Chef.

The Orcs got a Blitz! and pressured deep, but couldn't reach the ball. I managed to pick it up and cage behind the tree LoS. The Orcs flooded the soft rear of my cage and got 2 KOs. I tossed a fling receiver down and tried to dodge away the ball carrier to hand off to him, but failed the dodge. The Orcs then piled everyone in to get the ball away, picked it up in a TZ but couldn't dodge away. I then got 2 Cas in return. This let me again screen his team off with the big guys and grab up the ball. I handed off to the previously thrown receiver and went 2-0 up.

The Orcs then received, tying up the big guys on the LoS and running the ball into the open with a blodge Blitzer. I couldn't get near him and it finished 2-1 to the Flings, but not before the crowd threw a rock and killed a fling!

No skill rolls.

I bought 2 rookie flings and an Apothecary after the game.

Final score 2-1 (3-2 cas).

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Game 2 vs "Lanark Gravedirt" (Necros) TV 116. (My TV 78 )

I induced Deeproot, The Chef and a Babe.

In progress.

Pug
Legend
Legend

Re: Halfling Team Blog : Pie Flinging Flubbers

Post by Pug »

long game!

"In Dodge We Trust"
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Yeah, that's play-by-email for you... :roll: :D

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Pbe BB any good?.

"In Dodge We Trust"
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Well, it seems the games can alst quite long :lol:

No idea actually. I've seen some people use some kind of play by email program, but somehow I couldnt be bothered. Ask Draco, he uses or used to use a play by email BB program.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Pug wrote:long game!
Not really. The Manj discovered that he is physiologically incompatable to playing weaker races, even in the ether, and as a result has suffered 3rd degree burns on the tips of each finger. He is recovering well and should be seen with a T1 race on a table top near you soon.

Get well soon Joemanj!! Our thoughts are with you at this time!! :D

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I won that game and decicded to retire my flings with a 100% record. :wink:

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Joemanji wrote:I won that game and decicded to retire my flings with a 100% record. :wink:
LOLOL
Nice game against those Orcs!
:orc:

CopiousDude
Experienced
Experienced

Post by CopiousDude »

I'm gonna have to try a start like that next time I make a Halfling team. Never thought to start at such low TV to get tons of inducements right off. Might actually make things somewhat competitive.