Dread - Thunderbowl Dark Elves

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Vermillion Dread - Thunderbowl Dark Elves

Post by Khail »

Well, I haven't posted in here in quite some time. I suppose I should bring you all up to date.

My first season with Vermillion Dread went VERY well. I ended up in 2nd place at the end of the regular season, with 8 wins and 2 ties, no losses. This got me a bye for the first round of playoffs, which I followed with 3 straight wins, taking the Powerbowl (aka Chaos Cup).

This gave me 2 mutations to random players - which ended up being Hypnotic Gaze on one of my Blitzers (who already had Block/Dodge/Sidestep), and Claw on a S4 Line Elf with no other skills. He had unfortunately received -1AV during the final game of the Powerbowl though. Amazing on the Blitzer, but I knew the Line Elf would be short lived at best.

I was proved correct during the first game of my 2nd season, in which my clawed Line Elf died, heh.

Vashir (the Blitzer) has become a pain in everyone’s ass however. He has since gained Guard leaving him at Block/Dodge/Sidestep/Guard/Hypnotic Gaze. He's sitting at 40SPPs and I think he’ll pick up Fend next, assuming no stat increases. Not sure what I’d do with doubles.

Season two is going well. The team has changed its name to just Dread, and my current record is 3 wins, 1 tie. Since joining Thunderbowl I’m sitting at 14-3-0. Here is how the team looks now.

I’ll post some more updates as the season progresses – I promise!

Reason: ''
Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Dread - Thunderbowl Dark Elves

Post by Khail »

Games 5&6 of Season Two are behind me, and Dread can no longer claim to be unbeaten. 17 games with no losses was an amazing run, but I couldn’t expect it to go on forever.

Game 5 was against a very solid and well coached Chaos Dwarf team that had my number. Two double 1s during the match directly resulted in the two TDs he got on me, and while I was almost able to tie it up on the last turn with some serious elfy shenanigans, it was not to be. At the beginning of my turn 16, the ball was on the ground between a Bull Centaur and a Hobgob, only a few squares from the endzone. A Witch was close enough to get to them, but I didn’t have any help able to come with her. She blitzed the hobgob to try to get him off the ball, rolled a both down (both had block). No rerolls left. Only one thing to do – she jumped on the ball between them, rolling a 5 for the dodge (woo!), then a 6 on the pickup attempt (OMG!). Dodge out – 4, dodge away 2 (holy crap!) – only 2 GFIs to score and keep my record! The first one was a 1 though… sigh. Ahh well, my streak had to end sometime, and Blammaham is definitely a worthy opponent.

No advances from game 5. Game 6 was a different story. I played against a Pro Elf team that hasn’t had a huge amount of luck over the last few seasons, and I managed a 4-2 win. Some fairly lame mistakes on my part allowed the 2 TDs in, but I can’t complain too much about a win, heh. 4 advances off this game alone… Vashir picked up Fend to help forestall his widely anticipated demise at the hands of my bloodthirsty opponents (hypnotic gaze is serious business, folks). One of my Wrestling Line Elves got a +1 ST (yay!), and both of my Witch Elves finally got Sidestep. Here’s how the team looks now: Dread.

Next up – a semi-nasty Orc team – the Ork Bay Scarboyz. I haven’t played against their coach before so I’m not sure what I’m in for. They don’t have much tackle though, and only one thrower makes for an easy target.

After that I’m up against Dead Menace, a Necro team with a very good coach. I’ve played against Punkpogoer quite a bit with other teams and we’re fairly well matched, but I haven’t seen him play Dead Menace yet. Decent amount of tackle – we’ll see how it goes.

Bellingham, WA USA
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Dread - Thunderbowl Dark Elves

Post by Khail »

Quick update:

Games 7 & 8 are down, 2 more wins. Game 7 was against a 3rd season Orc team (The Orc Bay Skarboyz). The game started off with Draghixa injuring Orc Bay's troll, who failed to regen and sat out the rest of the match. I was able to control the field most of the game, and while he was able to grind out 2 TDs against me (damn AG4 Orcs), he couldn't stop the 4 that I scored.

Game 8 was against a 4th season Necro team (Dead Menace) coached by Punkpogoer. We've played a number of times and it's always a good match. Dead Menace unluckily had both of their ghouls sitting out this game, which again let me keep things fairly well contained. He slowed me down quite a bit though and the scoreboard at the end of the game read 2-1 Dread.

Bellingham, WA USA