I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es - Slann team blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es - Slann team blog

Post by Craigtw »

Eager to try out a Slann team I have started up the IBTX in our local league. This is a tale of their path to glory.

The league is small, but it's in it's second incarnation. We are learning from the mistakes of our first league and hoping to grow and expand. Right now the league is also composed of the following other teams:
-lizardmen
-high elves
-dark elves
-orcs
-nurgle
-necro (my second team)
-norse (this guy has not lost a game in over a year of steady play!)

My team started out with the following:

1 kroxigor - Hitzuhardd
2 lineman -Totolpaquage
3 lineman -Hurtzubadly
4 lineman -Cutzuzobadd
5 lineman -Nopaynogayn
6 lineman - Izuquittin
7 catcher - Plizznohittme
8 catcher -Calulaterr
9 catcher -Ucantcachmi
10 blitzer -Captain Titzinazz
11 blitzer -Cualhduthi
2 x RR

I sacraficed a RR to be able to get the second blitzer, but I really wanted to try these guys out, to see if they were as much of a waste as people were saying. I also figured that one was not enough to do their job, that a second was required.

We have a special rule in our league for the MVP. The top three SPP earners in the game are nominated for the MVP, in the event that there is less than three SPP earners, then the team captain has to be one of the nominated and then any others are chosen by the coach. To give the blitzers the assist in gaining skills I made one of them the team captain.

GAME ONE - I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es vs. The GWARriors (orcs) - Result - Win - 2-0
The game started off with the IBTX receiving the ball. The catchers Plizznohittme and Calulaterr ran up the field, which Ucantcachmi stayed bac k to retrieve the kick off. The first couple of turns turned out pretty well with the catchers making their way up and Ucantcachmi nearing the LOS to choose whether to pass or run. Hitzuhardd the krox had an opportunity to open a hole by attacking a black orc (who consequently had Block), and rolled a double chop block. The loner roll failed and the krox went down.

The newly freed black orc ran over to attack the ball carrier Ucantcatchmi and knocked him out cold. More orc blocking also put the captain Titzanass in the KOd box as well. The orc thrower put a TZ on the ball in an effort to take an early orc lead.

Plizznohittme dodged away from a defneding orc to try to retrieve the ball, failed and was badly hurt for the rest of the game. Wow. Quick Turn.

The orcs continued their beating and by the end of the turn they had possession of the ball and the whole slann team was on their backs, and with another KOd linemen the I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es were down three players - and it was only the fourth turn! this was going to be a LOOOONG game!

The slann got up and started exerting TZs where they could and leaping out to start planning a desperate attempt to get the ball back.
Hitzuhardd the krox refused to get up, still sulking over his failure.

the orcs tightnede up their cage and were within scoring position when Totolpaquage the lineman made a desperate leap, dodge and 2 GFI blitz for one dice which resulted in a POW on the ball carrier and the ball was loose! Huzzah! The mad scrum ensued and an orc thrower was pushed into the crowds who hurt him for the rest of the game and a black orc was badly hurt by the krox.

The scrum took us to the end of the half and miraculously the slann had managed to stall the orc offensive and it was still a tie game! The rolls for KOs brought two of my three back, and so I was at a one man disadvantage - my eight to his nine. but now I was kicking to him. Ug...

The kick was nice and deep and as the orcs ran back to the ball they did not want to use the GIs needed to attempt to pick it up. I seized the opportunity by leaping Captain Titzanazz and the remaining catcher over the LOS beelining for the orcs. Fortune favours the bold and the orcs failed to pick up the ball and with a quick assist from a catcher and a blitz from the captain, Calulatter managed to pick up the ball and score a quick TD.

Kick off to the orcs again resulted in an almost identical experience to the first - kick landed in the same spot - same players made it over the LOS and with a quick tussle, Calulatter had the ball and the second Slann TD was scored

The orcs were getting angry and in th enext drive they managed ot knock out two more slann and badly hurt another, but in the end it was too little too late, and game ended with a win for the slann.

The MVP went to the krox, Hitzuhardd, so he and the catcher Calulatter managed to get skills. the krox got Guard and the catcher took Dodge. I received 50K for the winnings and immediately bought an apothecary (which after four games has never been used!)

That is all for now - I will type in the other games when more time allows.

Reason: ''
Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Re: I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es - Slann team blog

Post by grampyseer »

Nice win.

What's your plan for the blitzers? Killy? Markers?

Blood bowl players suffer from only one major design flaw...complaining
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Plans for the blitzers? At this point just hoping that they can get block! They are really hurting without it, but I can see once they have that they are going to be enormously better!

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

Nice to see a Slann blog.
(Never dared to do my own team-blog)
I will compare your achievements with the Slann team in our league.
Keep posting and winning! :orc:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I am scared to run a blog on this site too, too much of a public place....

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

voyagers_uk wrote:I am scared to run a blog on this site too, too much of a public place....
Fortunately, nobody else in my league is on TFF (afaik). Obviously, I don't care if people know who I am. But if they were, I wouldn't be too worried about anybody reading my posts. You just gotta remember not to write anything about your opponent that you wouldn't say to his face in public.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

GAME TWO - I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es vs. Bongo's Batallion (lizardmen) - Result - Loss - 1-3

Going into the game the team looked like this:
1 kroxigor - Hitzuhardd (GUARD)
2 lineman -Totolpaquage
3 lineman -Hurtzubadly
4 lineman -Cutzuzobadd
5 lineman -Nopaynogayn
6 lineman - Izuquittin
8 catcher -Calulaterr (DODGE)
9 catcher -Ucantcachmi
11 blitzer -Cualhduthi
2 x RR

The coach of Bongo's Batallion is a friend of mine, who, when we first started playing was my whipping boy. The best he could muster against me ever was a tie, and even those were few and far between. No the tables have turned and I have not won against him (come to think of it NOBODY in the league has) for over a year and a half now.

The game started off well, we were tied for FAME and I was receiving. Having a 100K advantage, my opponent took a card and got the one where one of his players can take a skill for the game. He gave Mighty Blow to his saurus captain in hopes to rack up some CAS.

The lizardmen got a Blitz! result and ran their skinks up in an effort to put presure on me. I stuck the slann offensive plan - get the catchers backfield to receive the pass from the third catcher. Everything was going to plan, except that one side opened up and allowed me to run the ball up the one side without having to pass. Three turns, and one dead skink later Plizznohittme had scored.

The teams set up again and when the ball was kicked to the lizards, the result was another Blitz! Huzzah! promptly all three catchers jumped over the lines and began running down towards the ball which was deep downfield. There was thick tension as the skink failed to pick up the ball on the first attempt and then managed to get it with the Reroll. Failure to do so would have almost certainly meant an early 2-0 lead for me.

The sauruses and lizxardman krox started pounding on my lines and knocked out a lineman. As the scuffle ensued, the ball was handed off to another skink who ran it into my half. The leaping slann blitzers managed to push the skink, but were unable to knock him down. The lizardmen fought fiercely and Plizznohittme was Badly Hurt, out for the rest of the game. I figured I would save the apotheary for something more devastating. Despite the slanns best attempts, the lizardmen managed to score on the last turn of the half and it was tie game going into the second half (for score and casualties).

The lizardmen received again in the next half, this time no Blitz! result, instead a gentle breeze blew the ball closer to the skinks set to receive. The sauruses must have one had one heckuva pep talk as in the first three turns the other two catchers a lineman and a blitzer had all joined Plizznohittme in the casualty box - the worst of it being Cutzuzobadd the lineman who was going to miss the next game as well.

After that it was a futile attempt on defense, the lizards scored easily, and then on my next offensive, they easily stripped the ball and scored again. <sigh> And it was looking like it was going to be close at the end of the first half!

Winnings 50,000 (banked)

MVP went to Ucantcachmi who scored the TD, and so he got the Dodge skill.

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

Go Xweenies, go Xweenies, go!
The fans are waiting for the next game :orc:
Thanks for the update.

Ever considered "wrestle" as a skill for the slann?

In our league the Slann won their first game 3:1, 2:3 cas. against vampires. They´re up against a necromantic team next thursday.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

GAME TWO - I'txee B'tzee Teen'ee Xween'es vs. Despoilers (Dark Elves) - Result - Loss - 0-4

Going into the game the team looked like this:
1 kroxigor - Hitzuhardd (GUARD)
2 lineman -Totolpaquage
3 lineman -Hurtzubadly
4 lineman -Cutzuzobadd
5 lineman -Nopaynogayn
6 lineman - Izuquittin
8 catcher -Calulaterr (DODGE)
9 catcher -Ucantcachmi (DODGE)
11 blitzer -Cualhduthi
2 x RR
1 x FF

I felt quite confident about this game as not only were the dark elves fielding a journeyman (the assassin was killed in the game before) but they had no RR as the coach had opted instead to max out on the positionals when creating the team. His logic was that by having the built in skill it lessened his need for RR. I smelled blood!

He managed to win the FAME roll, gaining +1, and then the kickoff as well, which he opted to receive. We set up our teams, and he rolled for the kick off result and got boxcars: Pitch Invasion. With the aid of his +1 he managed to stun no less than six of my players. I in turn stunned one of his, and not even a very important one.

He rana blitzer and witch elf up the field, and then scooped up the ball, ran up to make a quick pass to the other witch elf, and rolled a 1, a quick turn and possibly a chance for me!

Rolling over half my team, the rest put pressure on the ball as well as on the intended receivers. The blitzers marked both intended receivers to make any dodging away less likely.

The dark elves managed to blitz and block the receivers free and they ran into the endzone. A quick pass, and then a handoff to the witch elf (who was now standing in the endzone) and it should have all been over. But another 1 was rolled and the Dark elf coach was cursing his lack of rerolls. The ball went back and forth from the crowd (corner to corner a few times) before spitting out and landing in my endzone in the middle of the pitch.

A few movements were made to get people into position and more importantly my team all stood up! Captain Tizanazz ran down for a crowd push on the blitzer and managed to do so - he was only stunned byt he crowd and would be back the next drive. Plizznohittme the catcher ran down and picked up and threw a pass to Calulatter. Unforunately it was not accurate, fortunately it was only one sqwuare away, unfortunately there was a lineman in that square and he did not catch it. The ball settled on the ground and the turn was over.

The dark elves fought back and knocked out one of the linemen. They picked up the ball, and moved into position to hold onto the ball while the second witch elf made her way to the endzone. The other witch elf (still in the endzone) was marked by Captain Titzanazz and before she could try to knock him away, a dark elf made a bad dodge, and the turn ended.

The slann moved to contain the ball carrier, and the Hitzuhardd the krox had the job of the all-important blitz but failed his bone-head roll. A lineman moved in to support Captain Titzanazz for his second crowd push in as many turns, but he rolled a double chop-block and with no more RR the turn ended with him on the ground and the witch elf knocked out.

The dark elves managed to blitz out of the slann defense and this time the quick pass to the remaining witch elf was successful and the dark elves scored. What should have been an easy 2 turn goal (given that half my team was stunned at the onset)( turned into a 5 turn protracted war!

The slann set up to receive the kick off. The kick off was cheering fans and the elves managed to win with their bonus FAME, and gained a very needed RR. The slann line blocked the dark elf three - with the aid of Hitzuhardd's block, all three dark elves went down and a hole was opened to move the slann offensive forward. All we need was the ball. Plizznohittme picked up the ball hoping to earn an easy SPP by throwing a quick pass to Ucantcachmi. Pick up fine. Pass: 1. No rerolls....

The dark elves swarmed through and knocked Pliznohittme to the ground knocking him out. they secured the ball, and so began the reign of the 1's. When the slann tried to muster themselves, they quickly failed and the dark elves scored again.

And so the story repeats. Slann are kicked to, try to do the quick pass - roll a 1, turnover. Dark elves blitz, cover the ball, slann try to gain it back but roll a 1 to dodge, leap, a skull, whatever it takes, they fail. Elves score. Again. On the last drive they broke the pattern Pliznohittme actually made the pass, but the first lineman to block rolled a double chop-block and ended the turn. Dakr elves swarmed and scored one more time just to make sure I had no pride or dignity left.

If there was a kitten handly, I would have strangled it I was so frustrated!

Winnings: 50K
MVP: Pliznohittme (I guess he did do the only proper thing in the game!) he gained the Dodge skill.

I bought my fourth catcher and banked the last 20K

My consolation is that I have gained skills every game and that I now have my four catchers!

grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

Yikes! I have sympathy....My last league game was very similar.

The only irrefutable truth of Blood bowl.....6>1. Every game....no matter what.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

grampyseer wrote:Yikes! I have sympathy....My last league game was very similar.

The only irrefutable truth of Blood bowl.....6>1. Every game....no matter what.
Actually what I forgot to mention in the post was that he was up 2-0 before he realized that he had forgotten to take his inducements.....

Talk about getting kicked while down.... :cry: :lol:

grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

Now that's funny!!

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Long blog post.... computer connection went down..... post lost....

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

Craigtw wrote:Long blog post.... computer connection went down..... post lost....
Sh*t happens.
I´m waiting for the next tale from the path to glory. :D

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Well the jist of the previous (lost) post was that I played against the unbeatable norse player.

The first half started off again like the previous game - he had +2 FAME and rolled Pitch Invasion for the kick off - 6 of my 11 players were taking a dirt nap, while he quickly moved the ball in to score. Good new was that I was able to put enough pressure on him to not play stall ball.

He kicked to me, and I managed to put catchers into position to receive, but as it turns out I managed a runnign play and scored.

The first half ended in a 1-1 tie with 1-1 casualties.

Second half has him scoring four more casulaties in the first three turns. Despite this I managed to put a lot of pressure on him, and even popped the ball out of a cage. I got a catcher to the ball, he made his dodge and leap rolls, picked up the ball, dodged out but was still in a TZ to throw a Long Bomb pass to a waiting catcher who would have been able to run it clear. But the required one more dodge and a GFI. The dodge was good, the GFI was not, and he got the ball back and won the game 2-1.

Good news was that I got the MVP on the rookie catcher who scored and so all my catchers now have dodge.

One of my linemen is MNG with a -1AV (ouch). But at least I have twelve players, so I am not working with journey forgs next game.

Winnings was 20K which leave me 40K in the treasury.