Averheim Avengers

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Averheim Avengers

Post by Arklite »

well, new to the forum so i might as well give myself an excuse to post things and try and keep a record of how my main team, the Averhiem Avengers, get along.

http://www.albabowl.co.uk/ebbl/index.ph ... =about#anc

while i should write a bit of history for these chaps... i'm not sure i could do it without sounding a bit crass :roll: . over their 2 seasons with the ELG league in edinburgh the Avengers have climbed from division 3 to division 1 only to fall back down to division 2 due to having to concede a game. recently the team has rocketed into a whole new arena of play with the sudden addition of 3 +AG rolls on 3 of the positionals allowing me to enter the weird and wonderful world of elfball. if this is going to work out or not... i really don't know.

with their 3rd season kicking off now I'm eager to see how the team fares against a division made up of wood elves, pro elves, vampires and amazons. tackle is definently something to grab asap on blitzers methinks.

with anyluck they'll get a game this wedensday and i'll have a chance to cram some emergency tackle into the roster before i face the sheer walls of blodge and AG4.

Reason: ''
Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Averheim Avengers

Post by Arklite »

well... i forgot about this didn't i?

the league went... badly. multiple deaths/vital stat busts on players led to some rapid recycling of players as well as the death of a move boosted nerves of steel blodge catcher. the season ended with 6 straight losses much to my dispare.

on the upside Val Derros retained his crown as top Casulaty causer in the league and has survived for the moment to keep that crown.

however the chaos cup has now started and the first game actually went well!

Averhiem Avengers (3) 3 - 2 (1) Osterwald Allstars

very back and forth game until the second half (1-1 after the first) where everything started to go wrong for allstars. a blitz result on the kick off table resulting in an Avenger Touchdown only to be followed by a 1st action turn over right after a pitch invaison leading to a second. the Allstars managed to return a touchdown later in the second half but by that point the damage was well done.

Man of the Match has to go to Averheim avengers No1 blitzer Bob who's Grab skill did a lot to both shutdown osterwald catchersand help Ensign Toast score his second touchdown in the second half by removing a DT blodge sidestep Catcher from base to base contact.

with a double move boosted catcher on the roster now i suspect i'll have to hire a third catcher in order to preserve him long enough to even consider getting sprint for a one turner. Star Blitzer Val derros will unfortunatly be missing next game in the cup but with any hope, i'll manage without him.

next season will see the addition of Skink Fu in the club's 5th division. a Slann Roster should be something amusing to play to say the least ^_^

GuppyShark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GuppyShark »

Pretty impressive having a Human as the top casualty leader!

Commissioner, Drakebowl Cyanide Blood Bowl League
Three Wolf Moon Norse Team Blog
Follow @lordmakk on twitter to get news from the ulfwerener's mouth!
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Val Derros is a monster!

Maybe see you in the next round of the cup dude.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

well I played the second round in the Edinburgh chaos cup and good lord what a game it was.

Averheim Avengers (3) 1 - 1 (3) santa's stocky helpers

thanks to some terrible ball handling rolls for my opponent throughout the game i was able to fight a dwarf team with over 500k of inducements to an overtime draw with minimal injuries and casualties for the roster :D

I can't even count on my hands how many times we were 1 dice roll away from deciding the game with me failing critical dodges and my opponent failing go for its on the line of death. Honestly I lucked out more times than I care to recall XD

Alas due to the rules of the league we had to dice off to see who actually went through to the next round and I lost that particular roll. HOWEVER for my labours i got a move boost on black Dow, my no.4 AG boosted Blitzer, and got strip ball on my blodge dauntless catcher. Team value has skyrocketed back up with the return of Val derros and I reckon I’m in fairly good shape for next season. \o/

http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/Team.sht ... f58702037d

Oxynot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxynot »

Just an observation on the roster: #6 got +MA, +MA, but total MA is only 9 and no injuries listed. So either add an injury or a point of MA :)

Asariel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Asariel »

That was an epic night for the Cup, three games side by side all going to Extra Time and 26 Cas between them! Chaos must have had a hand in it. ;) Wish I could have paid more attention to what was happening in those either side of me.

Mr. Block, Claw and MB (finally, after 26 games!) might be looking to catch up to Val this season, might do some catching up of the close personal kind on Wednesday too. :lol:

Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

Roster link updated to use the club's new online recording system.

http://www.albabowl.co.uk/ebbl/index.ph ... =about#anc

Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

well the Avengers just played an incredibly fun game against Asariel's bunneh chaos despite loosing 2-1. Val still retains the top CAS leader crown at 19 Cas with a black orc blocker closing in behind him with 18. now i would go ahead and write up a breif of the game but i can't really top Asariel's own account of the match (that and i'm just a "bit" lazy) so i'll go ahead and quote it here :P
The First half saw the Malefactors receive and attempt to grind up the pitch, they were making quick headway towards the Endzone when a bad positioning mistake, they failed to notice a strip-balling Human catcher who could hit the carrier, led to several turns of the ball being knocked loose. Lucky bounces falling deep into the Chaos cage allowed them to recover several times but they were forced to score when Star Man Val Derros finally dodged away from the tentacled Chaos warrior, grabbed the ball, and tossed it downfield forcing a risky Pass and run from the Malefactors. The humans were left enough time to attempt an equaliser before half time which they only just failed when a blitzer fumbled the pickup.

The Second Half saw a comedy of errors. It appeared a Chaos defensive touchdown was on the cards when the Normally reliable Forely failed a Go-for-It to launch a long bomb for a certain score. This was followed by a Chaos Turnover leaving the Tentacled Arkzein hovering over Forely and the Ball but not in possession of it. The agile thrower managed to break away and grab the pigskin only to once more fail, with the pass this time, and was left near the sidelines with an Angry Chaos Warrior for Company. Again the Chaos blocking was sub-par, failing to knock over a single human across all blocking battles on the pitch and, crucially, unable to get Forely down on the blitz to have a chance of running in the score. At the third attempt the thrower made no mistake, perfectly placing one for Val Derros to catch and Run in.

The Final Quarter was a more standard Chaos Drive, pushing to the centre then down the sideline and running in a late touchdown. Still, human pressure meant they had one last gasp chance at the death but, alas, were not able to push their catcher into a position to score. 2-1 at the end of a very enjoyable back and forth match with several successful risky plays and many more failed simple actions!
a brilliant game particularly in the second half where the dice decided to have some fun with us. Forley making his first sucessful long bomb and from a tacklezone no less, must say i'm proud ^_^

with this game in the hat i'll be adding a second thrower to the roster, welcome Leeroy! soon to become defensive safety thrower for the avengers with planned skills being block, hail mary pass and tackle :D

"LEEEEEROOOOOYYYY JENKINS!"

GuppyShark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GuppyShark »

Haha, so he'll be acting as a safety/punter?

Commissioner, Drakebowl Cyanide Blood Bowl League
Three Wolf Moon Norse Team Blog
Follow @lordmakk on twitter to get news from the ulfwerener's mouth!
Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

that is my hope ^_^

it will of course be required to declare a certain warcry when a hail mary is attempted of course ;)

Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

Plucky underdogs Krumkaker took on the Averhiem avengers today in a particularly violent match. the match opened early with a casualty from Val Derros but some excellent play with a chainsaw saw the Krumkaker 1-0 at half time with 6 of the Avengers, including star blitzer Val Derros, in the knockout box.

the majority of the Avengers however managed to recover and in Vengeance Val took to the opposition scoring a further 3 casualties as well as a 5th from Avenger Blitzer Bob. however with the numbers against them and despite some valiant block work from snow troll Frosty Krumkaker were unable to stop the Avengers turning the game into to a 3-1 victory.
despite being around 600 TV down against me these plucky Norse put up a hell of a fight in the first half using a chainsaw and a mighty blow/juggernaut snowtroll to excellent effect throwing almost half my team into the knockout box and almost killing my Dauntless blodge strip baller (to be saved by an apothecary) to provide a shutout in the first half. things just turned nasty in the second half though as the casualties started to build up. the low Norse armour combined with some frankly stupid dice rolls for injuries led Val to smash 3 more players off the pitch in the second half and just give me an overwhelming numerical advantage the Norse couldn't compete with.

Props to Travis for actually challenging a team with such a TV advantage however. He’ll be playing against my slann in the upcoming season and I’m more than eager to play such a fun opponent again.

Val now stands at a mighty 23 casualties and continues to hold the crown as top casualty scorer in the league, why he doesn't have a bounty on his head yet is still beyond me.

The club season is starting next week with both the Avengers and Skink-Fu looking forwards to some excellent blood bowl.

Avengers - http://www.albabowl.co.uk/ebbl/index.ph ... &obj_id=58

KrumKaker - http://www.albabowl.co.uk/ebbl/index.ph ... &obj_id=85

Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

Averheim avengers vs the nightlords (vampires)

first half of this game was a mixture of epic failures and phenominal sucesses with the nightlord's vampires running all over the Avengers who were only able to score thanks to a phenominal pass by star thrower Forley to Avenger catcher Ensign toast. the vampires quickly responded however scoring a touchdown of their own to take the game to 1-1 at the half with the vampires recieving.

the second half started quickly and viciously as star player Crazy igor stalled the vampire offence after failing a dauntless block against Avenger ogre Bogroll II. the Avengers, unable to actually attack the ball carrier, put on the pressure with star blitzer Val Derros putting two vampires off the pitch in quick sucession diverting the vampire offence down the middle of the pitch. the match quickly devolved into a brawl with the referee unwilling to leave the safty of the stands. both teams scrabbled endlessly over the ball with both teams getting a hold of the ball only to loose it to their opponents. Avenger numbers however soon began to tell as some knockouts lead to a superiority in numbers the vampires were unable to compete against. eventually breaking free Val derros handed the ball off to Ensign toast who then passed to relative newcomer thrower Leeroy who ran in the final touchdown.

an epic game to say the least with me biting my nails all the way through. the pro vampires made a mockery of my defense (and indeed offense) to such an extent that i honestly considered giving Val pro for his 5th skill.

speaking of which Val now hits 25 casualties and holds his title as top casualty scorer for a little bit longer, sadly no doubles or statboosts for his probable last skill leaving him to pick up stand firm to round him off for the rest of the season. maybe the rest of my team will start catching up with him soon XD

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

50k bounty put on Val! :P

Me and Arklite are half way through our league match. My human team 'The bad tempered buccaneers (http://www.albabowl.co.uk/ebbl/index.ph ... &obj_id=34) have induced Mighty Zug and are 1-0 up at half time. Theirs been a death of an Avengers player mid way through the 1st half. You guys will just have to wait and see who...

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

well, i've not been updating this at all have i...

news since my last random postings. Val Derros is no longer the all time CAS leader, his position usurped by a black orc blocker with block, MB and pile on. can't say i'm too upset either way though.

last season ended 2 and 2 with losses to the club's other two human teams but pulling wins against the vampires and chaos dwarves allowing them to finish mid table and maintain their position in devision 2.

in the following chaos cup however the Avengers were sadly beaten in the first round loosing 4-3 in overtime after a failed 1 turn touchdown attempt.

so now we've got the new season kicking off! the opposition is particularly bashy this season with another human team, a nurgle crew, a chaos team and a norse entry. the first game will be kicking off tonight with the Avenger's taking on their human opponents the osterwald allstars. i've got 190k of inducements to play with and some new set up's i hope to use. with any luck i'll provide a report later tonight.