Mordor Marauders an Underworld Creepers Team

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: Mordor Marauders an Underworld Creepers Team

Post by JaM »

You cant go wrong with claws on a goblin, apart from 2 heads. Espescially combined with sneaky git...

Frenzy on one of the stormvermin ehm... blitzers would be good, if only for the fear-factor (sidelines).
Just be sure to have a guarder next to him and... etc.

Depending on the league, you might want to look into disturbing presence... espescially if you freed up a ball. And I have a lot of fun using prehensile tails on my chaos team in the cyanide game.
Tentacles on a gobbo si rubbish, of course. But just think about the modelling opportunities !! :)

Have fun, and good luck painting ! Please post pictures too...

oh, and it's marauders, not maruaders... right ? :orc:

edit: forgot: nice team-background fluff. Good job !

Reason: ''
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

You got th Troll rigth for the skills.

I would do 2 killer blitzers (MB, Claws, Tackle, Horns)

You need block on the linos. You need them on their feets (Block, Horns/claws)

Extra arms got to be the first skill for both throwers, it gives you 2 reliables ball pickers/catchers I am a fan of block for the second skill

Gobos should get 2 heads as a first skill, this is the optimal skill 2+ and dodge gives you a lot of options.

Remember the bashing teams are the ones that are going to cause problem so you should develop your team accordingly.

Kick off return was my idea :)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6355&p=174621#p174621
atropabelladonna
Star Player
Star Player

Post by atropabelladonna »

cyagen wrote:You got th Troll rigth for the skills.

I would do 2 killer blitzers (MB, Claws, Tackle, Horns)

You need block on the linos. You need them on their feets (Block, Horns/claws)

Extra arms got to be the first skill for both throwers, it gives you 2 reliables ball pickers/catchers I am a fan of block for the second skill

Gobos should get 2 heads as a first skill, this is the optimal skill 2+ and dodge gives you a lot of options.

Remember the bashing teams are the ones that are going to cause problem so you should develop your team accordingly.
You last line is what I have been thinking about. With 3 players with ST and M access, you can make 3 killers with Claw and mighty blow. Perhaps one with piling on.

So I would go with a troll with

Claws / Guard / Tentacle

Blitzer 1 Mighty Blow / Claw / Piling on (pure killer). Frenzy or tackle next

Blitzer 2 may be Mighty Blow / Claw / and then guard or Horns.

I love the wrestle skill and I see it being of more use on the line rats. With one skill I have a decent ball hunter.

Rimmer @ Thunderbowl
Thunderbowl Home Page www.thunderbowl.ca
Thunderbowl Data base www.thunderbowl.ca/tbsn

Atropabelladonna @ MBBL
atropabelladonna
Star Player
Star Player

I have my schedule. I updated the game reports accordingly. To summarize, it is

1. Orcs
2. Human
3. Khemri
4. Nurgle
5. Norse
6. Goblins
7. Undead
8. Lizardmen
9. Norse
10. Dark Elf

I think I am most worried about the Norse due to all that block. They will murder my goblins. At least they are AV 7. I hope to foul them to death! Orcs is also not a good starting matchup either. At least I face them right away so no mighty blow (aside from a troll if he has one) or tackle.

Overall, I think it is a decent schedule. No dwarves of any kind is always a plus!

Rimmer @ Thunderbowl

Atropabelladonna @ MBBL
wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

I have enjoyed reading this post but I do feel that your most challenging opponent will be Game 10 :evil:

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

atropabelladonna wrote: You last line is what I have been thinking about. With 3 players with ST and M access, you can make 3 killers with Claw and mighty blow. Perhaps one with piling on.

So I would go with a troll with

Claws / Guard / Tentacle

Blitzer 1 Mighty Blow / Claw / Piling on (pure killer). Frenzy or tackle next

Blitzer 2 may be Mighty Blow / Claw / and then guard or Horns.

I love the wrestle skill and I see it being of more use on the line rats. With one skill I have a decent ball hunter.
I am not a fan of PO on non-bashy teams. Remember, the blitzers on an Underworld team are your key playmakers, you should never willingly put them prone.

Looking at your opponents, you should plan to have one MB, Tackle blitzer by game 6 (Gobo), Claws is going to be useless in Games 7 and 9 (except on Ulfs and STroll). I would aim for MB, Claw and MB Tackle by game 6 on both blitzers.

Wrestle on the Rats is not a bad choice but since I tend to use them like blitzers 3 and 4, I found that Block is better on them. I do not like my St3 players to go prone for any reason.

I pray to Nuffle for a double on a Gobo to give him Wrestle.

Finally, remember, Throwing a Gobo at a cage will never result in a TO, even if the troll eats him. :) I never managed to TTM effectively on defense, but it is fun to see the look in your opponents face :)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I never managed to TTM effectively on defense, but it is fun to see the look in your opponents face
It gets a heck of a lot more effective if you throw something with jump up + dauntless :D

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

Yes plasmoid but you still need
2+
2+
2+
4+

With loner on the first 3 rolls. Still not an optimal tactic to stop an opponent.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

True.
But sometimes it's all you've got.
And it isn't a turnover, so it is sometimes worth a shot.

And with jump up, you just need to land next to a corner of the cage to block the corner off, and then blitz into the cage with someone else. Not great. Not that bad.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
atropabelladonna
Star Player
Star Player

cyagen wrote:

I am not a fan of PO on non-bashy teams. Remember, the blitzers on an Underworld team are your key playmakers, you should never willingly put them prone.

Looking at your opponents, you should plan to have one MB, Tackle blitzer by game 6 (Gobo), Claws is going to be useless in Games 7 and 9 (except on Ulfs and STroll). I would aim for MB, Claw and MB Tackle by game 6 on both blitzers.

Wrestle on the Rats is not a bad choice but since I tend to use them like blitzers 3 and 4, I found that Block is better on them. I do not like my St3 players to go prone for any reason.

I pray to Nuffle for a double on a Gobo to give him Wrestle.

Finally, remember, Throwing a Gobo at a cage will never result in a TO, even if the troll eats him. :) I never managed to TTM effectively on defense, but it is fun to see the look in your opponents face :)
I think Piling on is effective when used in moderation, especially on a team like this. I usually only use it on dead turns and to reroll stuns. I know that aggressive use of the skill can get you more casualties but I also like to keep my players standing. And Mightyblow / claw / PO is so good. I am still debating on if I need one or two, but I will be getting one (eventually).

Tackle may be a luxaury I can't afford. That is why I like wrestle. It does the job of block and tackle for one skill (mostly). Remember, I am using some silly restictions on skill choices (half of skills must be stat increases and mutations). This is bound to screw me over at times, but it will be fun!

I am also looking forward to the TTM plays. We shall see how they go!

Rimmer @ Thunderbowl

Atropabelladonna @ MBBL
atropabelladonna
Star Player
Star Player

A quick update.

A change in game 2, it will be against Humans rather than Dark Elves. I don't think that changes much for me.

Also, I am almost done painting my starting line up. It should be ready for tomorrows games. I will take some pictures of them in action!

Rimmer @ Thunderbowl

Atropabelladonna @ MBBL
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

This team must be sucking the hind tit! The Thunderbowl is into week 5 and still not ONE game reported. Comon Deadly nightshade get with it! S. :D

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Isiha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Isiha »

When we going to see some game reports, I ask as I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

The Southfarthing Pie Baker's. Not only are they great cooks, but also not a bad blood bowl team. Halfling Team's are the way forward.

Make the sacred sign of the Pie