Team Blog - The Bleedin' Heart Tavern Irregulars

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Team Blog - The Bleedin' Heart Tavern Irregulars

Post by voyagers_uk »

Darker Than Dark - The Dockneys, (that's Dark Elf Cockneys to you) have taken to the pitches of the Olde Worlde in a bid to prove that Albions Dark Elves are the scariest and meanest of the bunch.

I will fill in some more team detail when I am at home with some free time

Team Started
1 Witch
3 Blitzers
7 Lineelves
2 rerolls

Initial Division included
Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Lizardmen.

team purchase schedule so far

Assassin
Witch Elf
Apoth
Blitzer

planned purchases
reroll, reroll, Runner, Runner

skills taken so far
Line-Elf - Guard (doubles)
Witch Elf - Block
Blitzer - Dodge
Witch Elf - Mighty Blow (doubles) Block (ignored 6,4)
Blitzer - Dodge
Line-Elf - Block

current record 6-0-2 (W-L-T).

It has been over 10 years since I last played it "Dark", so this will be interesting

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Re: Team Blog - The Bleedin' Heart Tavern Irregulars

Post by voyagers_uk »

so far I have sacked a line-elf and have decisions to make on the Line Elf with Guard and a Blodge Blitzer both of who are -AG

My thoughts are to get the next 7 games out of the way and then can them, any thoughts, opinions?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Witch Elf - Venom Mourning - Block (12spps)
Blitzer - Allanon Fey (1spp)
Blitzer - Rokuden Fey - Dodge, Dauntless -AG (16spps)
Blitzer - Maudlin Rakarth - Dodge (13spps)
Lineman - Lamael (2spps)
Lineman - Banfil - Guard -AG (7spps)
Blitzer - TJ Darksbane
Lineman - Malion (2spps)
Assassin - Fear Might Silk (1spp)
Lineman - Rianndrir - Block (9spps)
Lineman - Galdor
Witch Elf - Fey Canus Vick - Mighty Blow, Block (18spps)

2 rerolls
Apoth
40K in treasury

Match 1
3-0 and 2-1 Casualties versus Orcs, Simply outran them and played hit and run tactics to allow Witch Elf Venom score twice.

Match 2
1-1 and 1-0 Draw with Dark Brethren, difficult match overall...

more to follow

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Being Stifled in the Craft does not sit well with the Dockneys.

They looked into their scrying glasses to see who would bear this discomfort for them via a medium of Pain.

MMmmmmmmm Dwarves, stupid tunnel running Miners

Fear Might Silk took it upon himself to amuse the crowd.. he killed 3 Goblin lunatics and juggled their chainsaws for the gratification of bottom feeding fans. He felt dirty and not in a good way. his Pain receptors were confused, so as a flourish he flipped each wrist in it's final revolution and the wildly cavorting fans were suddenly missing appendages as the motorised blades cut deeps into the front rows.... A box seat looked appealing now...

That had allowed The Team Wizard to cast the last minor enchantments to guarantee the Elves a sure fire win.

The Dwarves stomped into the sunlight causing everyone to joke nervously about their own particular Garden gnomes...

Venom Mourning picked a small Halfling Child from a queue at the concession stand and ripped it's heart from it's chest to bather her face in its rosy gloopy glory.... her countenance set in a rictus of ecstacy she stormed onto the pitch.

What happened next is best left to the highlight reels of the local NAF affiliate, but let it be known that She killed her first opponent (whilst the cameras were rolling anyway) and led the Irregulars to a 2-0 shutout victory of the vertically challenged Opponents... 2 other casualties left the Dockneys feeling sated however one of their own was on the table seeking medical care. They formed a tunnel around him and poked him with scalpels until he giggled and begged for mercy.... they cut him immediately from the team for such a sign of weakness...... Strengthening the side would come later.. First there was some deviant behaviour to observe comment on and then..... who knows

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Keep the lineelf with guard and -1ag... Perfect LoS fodder.
As for the blitzer, well, that's up for debate. I'd sack him after next game if you have the money to replace him.

William- Aino

Fighting signature size creep ;)
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Post-Coital game Interviews are never satisfying as the tongue is just ever so slightly too loose...

a Cunning Skink reporter basically challenged the Irregulars to a game on behalf of his favourite team... Allanon Fey who was behind the podium, snarled a response and the match was on.

Opposition was comprised quite interestingly of a Krox, 2 Saurii and 10 Skinks.... the crack of the Lizard Coaches whip was tangible in its ferocity and thus more afraid of him than the Dockneys the Scaly players slithered onto the field.. The Fools!

Banfil's recently learned skills in guarding his fellows came into immediate use and a chance to get the ball carrier was on... Rokuden Fey slid through the gunky trails left by the skinks feet and dodged into a cut-back to hit the ball carrier and send him to Kermit Heaven., teh Lizard Apoth revived him but he remained seriously injured.... tasty!

Rokuden considered the sheen on the scales that clung to his spiked glove. it was green one minute and purple the next like the eyes of an old lady he had once fed to goats....

Whilst he stood in morbid reverie the new Witch Elf Fey decided to run the ball in... she soaked up the adulation of the fans, and the beer, and the vomit... it pleased her equally although she did mark those fans out for later judgement (they started running at that moment..... they did not make it)

fey revelled in her role as go-to player this match and racked up another 2 touchdowns including one in the dying seconds (oh that was a phrase built for Dockneys).

the team suffered some injuries this game and as they had their own Apothecary they left the weaklings in his "care" enjoying the random noises that filtered through from his secure laboratory.... delicious.

A rumour scampered in on the Wind... their next opponents would be the hated tree huggers..... no kindling apparently, but enough splinters to strike a spark!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

they must die, they must die...... the locker room, all shrouds and spikes, sharp edges ready to snag a sliver of flesh resounded to the Mantra uttered by the Dark Elves.....

The hated wooden cousins, oh the bile rose at the thought of sharing the pitch with them... It could almost not be borne

Each player marked an opponents name on the listed team sheets and said out loud, "He is mine" a vow powerful enough to remove any banter from their, usually playful, twisted mouths

"Our Assassin will strike the first blow." said the coach, "I will position you for your chance..."

the Match started with a burst of violence and stabbing and Two wooden elves were down, fated not to return this game or the next.

and then it sunk in, they had no Apothecary..... the Referee must be disposed of somehow....

the despicable Wardancer was able to dodge and twist through 4 tackle zones to score and leave the Dark Elves with the unfamiliar situation of being behind in a match... that did not last, 4 more KO's and then Fey stepped up to kill the Wardancer with a roundhouse.... The snapping of the Elf's Spinal cord could be heard in Underearth bars across the world....

this left the Wooden fools with no real outlet for their slick practiced moves. and thus meant that it would be the Dark Elves day. levelling the score early in the second half left the Dockneys with a simple 11 versus 7 situation to score a winning move, but fate is not without a sense of humour. Lamael moved to one square of the end zone ready to receive the pass that would seal the Victory. and Venom who was only 2 squares away decided to pass rather than run it in. It was caught and then the coach realised the drama.. The clock was ticking down and Lamael had stopped moving.... Victory like a gutter runner slipped out of grasp.

A Draw... the wooden idiots celebrated as if they had won... whcih I suppose they did by not losing all......

The Irregulars gathered to celebrate winning their division but it was a hollow victory... A new Blitzer with a salllow complexion joined the team from the ranks of the unsigned who forever follow the Dockneys around. TJ Darksbane. He will bring Blood..... Khaine will be satisfied once again.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

2 games played tonight

versus Dwarves (with Grim) 4-0 and 6-1 on casualties
versus Lizardmen (with Silibli) 3-0 and 5-0 on casualties

proper reports to follow.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

oh and changed the purchase schedule slightly and bought a second assassin.

some more skills have flown into the team

Both Witch Elves now have side step
Blitzer took fend
Line elf took kick

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

So... the diminutive grubbers of dirt and filth have brought a "STAR" to play us this time..... GRIM IRONJAW with his ridiculous toilet brush hair cut... The rumours for the cause for his disgrace wouldn't even make a Dark Elf kindergarten ghost story hour.. how bland!

it is good to see some of the Dwarves still feeling the effects of our last encounter, their limps must really impede their movement, this should make our passage up the pitch even easier.

Wait a moment, as Fear Might Silk and Venom Johnson glide forwards the Dwarven team seems to split into two groups and proceed to wards the sidelines, oh how this cries out for abuse.... with some judicious assists we manage to crowd push two midgets in one Blitz....hehehe, then the other side we manage to rid oursleves of 3 more the next turn... the Dead and Injured box of the Dwarves is starting to overflow as by the time teh first half ends and Maudlin Rakarth runs in a score, there are 6 lying on stretchers and one whose eyes are open but reflect the greying tone of his skin....

The second half begins with only 5 active Dwarven players. it is too easy to just push them around.... Fear Might Silk has fun shadowing the stunted miners around and tripping them up....

Touchdowns are just a way on interrupting the flow of the game, but 4 is a nice number....

The mockery of the Wooden Elves last game has inspired the witch elves to the point where they can sway out of the momentum of a block now in any direction they so choose....

Blood Bringer megz joins the team with his Dagger freshly dedicated to Khaine. Skinks await..........

[out of character]

it was an odd decision that after the LOS sufferred a casualty that the Dwarves moved toward both sidelines, however I am nothing if not grateful and adaptable... it was fish in a Barrel for a while.

EDIT...

I have watched the replay twice now and the AI seems to decided that it cannot get past the LOS Elves with any ease, so it tries to send Dwarves wide to get to the ball carrier. Ball was on the floor until late turn 2 thanks to a failed pick-up 1 reroll 1. however he had lost Grim and a trollslayer in the first turn and 2 crowd pushes in turn 2 left him with only 7. 2 of whom were MA busted down to 3 from our previous game.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Another Star is invited to face us, SILIBLI he is a menace we have heard with his mixture of experience and skills

The balance of the team is Journeymen Saurii and Kroxigor as the team is made up of weak skinks since our last encounter.

They are easily bribed to "take a fall" and before long it is obvious that the match will only end one way. The commentators put it simply "there is a big arrow pointing the way to their end-zone.

highlights of the game

massed stabbings by both Assassins
An Assassin drawing attention to himself by scoring a TD
Frenzy and Shadowing being so useful to cause casualties and turnovers respectively

I could do with a couple of tackle players

a lineman learned kick to allow the chase/pressure of the ball carrier in the backfield

Most people have a favourite team, some prefer to espouse a style of play and pick teams to suit that, others just play it safe and grind/powergame. I first started BB playing Dark Elves in 1994 and had a very successful run with them (in excess of 40 successive victories)

I always thought I could play any team and jumped around to Undead and then Dwarves, High Elves, Halflings, Norse, Pro Elves and Chaos. They proved that a coach with some skill and a lot of luck can be successful however I missed something with each race. I tended to grow attached to players and took their deaths personally...

Now that I am back with the Dark Elves, the in-built cruelty is refreshing and I am complete once again, they are my team. I will play other races from time to time, maybe for whole seasons, but I will come back to the Dark Elves to forge the patina on my soul...

"Ich Bin ein Dark Elf"

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

next game was against Varag led Orcs

in character story to follow but won 3-0, but it was 0-4 in casualties (the busted AG Blitzer died; 2 players were SI'd and a line elf was BH)

next up, more Orcs

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

ok, so I am rubbish at keeping this up...

I will post an up to date roster soon to show progression

39 games in

TV 2,97M
treasury = 1,150,000

37-0-2

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

voyagers_uk wrote:Witch Elf - Venom Mourning - Block, Side Step, Fend, Dauntless Leap (100spps)
Blitzer - Fingolfin Auwe Nija - Dodge, Strip Ball, +1AG, Leap (65spps)
Blitzer - Aethfir Jenico - Dodge, Side Step, Fend, Guard (52spps)
Blitzer - Maudlin Rakarth - Dodge, Fend, Side Step, Mighty Blow (63spps)
Lineman - Lamael - Kickm Block, Dodge (33spps)
Lineman - Banfil - Guard, -AG, Block, Side Step (38spps)
Blitzer - TJ Darkheart - Dodge, Guard, Side Step (35spps)
Lineman - Malion - Pass Block, Catch, Diving Catch (38spps)
Assassin - Fear Might Silk - Diving Tackle, +1MA (16spps)
Lineman - Rianndrir - Block, Dodge, Guard, +1MA (64spps)
Runner - Dunta Hurt Robinson - Nerves of Steel, +1MA, Safe Throw, Pass (54spps)
Witch Elf - Fey Canus Vick - Mighty Blow, Block, Side Step, Tackle, +1MA, -1MA (128spps)
Assassin - Blood Bringer Megz - Sneaky Git, Dirty Player (16spps)
Runner - Drick Morghain Fey - Nerves of Steel, Sure Hands, Kick off Return (40spps)

5 rerolls
Apoth
1,130K in treasury

dead
Blitzer - Allanon Fey (1spp)
Blitzer - TJ Darksbane dodge, +1ST (22spps)
Lineman - Galdor
Blitzer - Rokuden Fey - Dodge, Dauntless -AG (16spps)

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

The Assassins are hard to skill, but everyone else seems to be getting their fair share of completions and TD's

The Witch Elves are the stars as we all knew they would be.

the Runners are built to perform distinct tasks and tend to play more than they should.

The AG3 Lineman tends to cause a lot of turnovers by dodging, so he may get cut if he really bugs me.

the dodge, side step, fend combo is immense and when you mix in Guard it becomes so annoying for the opposition.