Bry's Sewer Crew - an Underworld team

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hasdrubal
Rookie
Rookie

Bry's Sewer Crew - an Underworld team

Post by Hasdrubal »

I finally decided to post the progresses on the Underworld team I am playing in my local league. We are a total of 6 players, the competing teams are
- 2 Dark Elf teams
- 1 Wood Elf team
- 1 High Elf team
- 1 Orc team
- 1 Underworld team (me)

so it's pretty much an all AG league!

We play 2 games against opposing teams, and we'll have a Swiss-style tournament at the end of the season.

The 2 pre-season games allowed resulted in 1 loss against the woodies and 1 win against a DE team. I am 4-0-0 so far in the season.

Game 1: Underworld 3 - Dark Elves 0
It pretty much was a 1-sided affair. I received in H1, the ball went out of the pitch and was handed to the troll, which proceeded to walk up quietly in a cage and score at the end of the half. During the second half, a scrum at mid-field resulted in the Crew getting the ball and scoring again. The elves took pride in stabbing the troll, whoi unfortunately regenerated, and niggling a blitzer, who was fired after breaking his neck on the pitch.

Game 2: Underworld 4 - Orcs 0
Underworld receives in H1 and score quickly in 2 turns, the orcs being unable to stop the mutant goblins with 2 heads. On the next kick-off, the Crew's supporters invade the pitch and stun 1/3 of the orcs, which still manage to get the ball safely in a cage. An unaccurate pass is retrieved by a skaven, who scores before half-time. During the second half of the game, the orcs mercilessly pound on the Crew, inflicting 4 casualties (each Black orc cas'ed once) but neglecting to ply the ball. Ultimately, only 1 skaven lineman would miss the miss game.

Game 3: Underworld 2 - Dark Elves 1
The Elves receive and score on turn 5. The Crew fires back on turn 8 to draw at half-time. The second half saw lots of fumbles, a goblin unable to pick up the ball 3 turns in a row, but hopefully the elves were too busy fending off the goblins to retrieve it. The goblin eventually manages the pick-up, and runs under close protection for a turn 16 victory TD. Boy, that was close!

Game 4: Underworld 3 - High Elves 2
This was more of a coaching game against our rookie High Elves coach (1st game ever), which I used to explain him the basics of the game, and how to play his team. The Crew elects to receive in H1 and scores in 3 turns. The Elves fire back on turn 5, leaving the Crew 3 turns to score before half-time... but on a failed GFI, the skaven thrower releases the ball. The elves pick it up, pass and score on turn 7. The crew sets up for a goblin throw on turn 8, but said goblin fails to catch the ball. How well. The second half sees the skaven get the ball from a elf catcher, and return it to draw the game on turn 12. A shallow kick place both teams in a good position, the elf players cages the ball but fails a block, leaving the field open. the Crew picks up the ball, but the thrower is caught by an elf catcher just before the end zone, and leave the elf team in a position to score should their blitzer catch the ball... he fails. A combination of hand-off and pass allows the Crew to score again on turn 16.

The team as is:

Bry's Sewer Crew
TV 129, FF5, 4 RR, 1 Apo
Treasury: 200k

- Warpstoned Troll (12 SPP), Tentacles
- Skaven Blitzer (9 SPP), Guard
- Skaven Blitzer (6 SPP), Guard
- Skaven Thrower (17 SPP), +MA, Extra Arms
- Skaven Thrower (16 SPP), Guard, Block
- Skaven Lineman (10 SPP), Wrestle
- Skaven Lineman (0 SPP)
- Underworld Goblin (0 SPP)
- Underworld Goblin (0 SPP)
- Underworld Goblin (8 SPP), 2 Heads
- Underworld Goblin (12 SPP), 2 Heads

My next game will be against our scary Wood Elfe team, which managed a whopping +9 TD differential in 2 games only, and has block on all of its lineelfs, except one with Guard. We probably are pretty close in TV, but having only 11 players I will likely purchase 1 or 2 goblins to have a bench, and be ready to foul any elf down.

Reason: ''