Da Shin Kikas - Night Gobbos and friends.

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Da Shin Kikas - Night Gobbos and friends.

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

This is the second season of play for Da Kikas, who started life as a side team when I didnt fancy a serious game with my human squad but their delighful little monkeyshines stole my heart and now I play them almost exclusively.

The Team:
1) Pustul 'katcha'
2) Buttas 'line gobbo'
3) Bazza ' Blitza ' str 3, jump up
4) -vacant. Troll incident.
5) Pagga ' 'It-man' sneaky git, side step
6) Fat Gob 'katcha' ma 5
7) Rikmond 'trowa' jump up ng inj
8) Wetabix 'looney' dodge
9) Smak 'ed 'blitza'
10) Lichin Rukmuncha 'astonishingly hungry Stone Troll'
11) Wud'un Topp 'fanatic'
12) Fraksworf 'line gobbo' jump up
13) Ogli Marshbreath ' River Troll' block, guard
14) Hobo 'runna'
15) Rik 'runna' ma 7, sure feet, sprint , 11 td's to his name
16) Amrig 'blitza' jump up ng inj

All under the watchful gaze of former Orc pro Staggut Deadeye and his 12ft lash 'Inkoragment'

Before last night's game Da Kikas had acheived a single point from 8 games in a 12 game season.

Da Shin Kikas 3 - 0 Branston Bronchos (human team)

Compelled to kick in the first half Da Kikas took 'Da Net an Clubbas' formation involving trolls on the front line 2 wide spread gobbos on scrimmage and Pagga ('it-man and occational troll handler) standing behind Ogli and Lichin, gobbos spread for taklezone coverage in the wide zones, with Wetabix and accouple of mates hanging round the rear to scoop up the inveitable breakthrough.
Things started badly for the Bronchos, their star thrower, Rich Tee, failing to pick up the ball, being sacked (and killed ) by a blitzing Lichen. The Bronchos soon regained the the ball,switching into position for the pass, a catcher dodging through the net to receive and score. But alas, the throw was bad. Scooped into the waiting arms of Hobo, conveyed to Pagga, the ball thrown through the air deep into Broncho's teritory in the cluches of the aforementioned Gobbo. The Bronchos' defence too far forward to halt Pagga, the first touchdown was walked home unmolested.

The second recepit of the ball went much better from the Bronchos, smashing their way to within a breath of Da Kika's endzone. An equalizer looked certain when Lichen's apparent attempt to throw Stunypuncha (Slaya, dead) as a pocket breaker turned out to be the desire for a quick snack. Roused by the bellows of Coach Staggut and hunger temporarily slaked Lichen cobbed an understandably aprehensive Pagga towards thew Bronchos' ball-carring Blitzer, landing welll and in perfect position to assist a bold blitz by line gobbo Fraksworf. And down the blitzer went, scattering the ball into the crowd who threw it at the feet of Hobo. The plucky runna found his way to the hands of a waiting Ogli, who threw him deep, and again too far the Bronchos' defence to stop the inventiable touch down.
The half ended, cheers and catcalls from Kika's fans lasting well into the second pint of Bloodwieser.

Now reciveing Da Kikas switched to the 'Dammage' formation - a front line of Looney, troll, fantatic, troll, Pagga just behind the line. The Bronchos' head coach, now painfull aware of just how far a well-aimed Gobbo can get opted for a much deeper defence.
This rarified set up played right into Da Kika's grubby mits, smashing apart the defence's front line and climaxing with a well placed foul by Wetabix, a foul that but for the desperate attentions of The Bronchos' apothocaries would have seen the end of their Ogre blocker.
Rikmond seized the ball, attempting to pass to a forward running Rik but alas, failed, however the ball landed bang next to him. The Bronchos' defence, scenting blood and a chance to convert tried to mass around and place takle zones on the ball and Runna. The Blitz announced, a simple dodge from the slow-witted opposing Stone Troll all that was required....Crack! A mighty sweep of his claws sent the Blitzer off the pitch for a session with the magic sponge, turning the game back over to Da Kikas.
Rik dodged to the ball, retriving it on the 5 or better the dice gods required; dodging nimbly through a further three tackle zone and sprinting for all his worth. A stumbling on the Endzone line forced a gasp from the mouths of both team's fans but his sure feet saved him to make it 3 -nil.

The Bronchos' final attempt to rescue some dignity from game was not so lucky, a breaking catcher tripping over, loosing the ball, then thrown for a clearence by Rikmond, who , with his teammates dodged away from Broncho retribution while the game clock ticked down the last seconds of an historic victory.

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Da Shin Kikas - Night Gobbos and friends.

Post by mattgslater »

Me feenx datz a lotta Jump Up!

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

After quite a lot of games where quite a lot of my players were effectively ma 3 I decided on Jump Up as a fall back skill if I didn't have anyting I specifically wanted that player to have.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Ah. I do the same thing with Side Step, to avoid chain-blocks. I totally get what you mean.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

In anctipation of a bloody and tense grudge match with Addax Utd Staggut hired a lean, mean, linegobbo, Kenneh, to take the vacant No. 4 badge to replace injured Blitza Amrig ( No. 16 ).

Addax Utd 3 (wood elves) -- Da Shin Kikas 1

(normal service resumed)

A bumper crowd of 33,000 (the largest this season, a shade above the largest previous turnout, also against Addax) filled the Tudor Bowl, basking in the glorious sunshine and singing songs with lesser and greater coherency and profanity levels depending on which stand they eminated from.
Da Kikas recived around 600,000 inducment money, procuring the services of Gobbo legend Nobbla Blackwort and a shaman aswell as a team of P.I's to dig up asmuch dirt on the ref as gobboly possible. Rikmond also managed to con a local Dwarf smith into crafting him some exploding runes

Da Kikas won the toss and, with bloodlust in their cruel little hearts opted to recive to hit the Elves early and hard.
Rather unsportingly Addax's coach went for a deep defence with the minmum three players on the line of scrimmage, ancipating an early attempt to score with a thrown Goblin.
Faced with few pointy ears to beat up it fell to Da Kika's recivers to dutifully scoop the ball and start the long march to Addax's endzone, a march that barely got out of their own half before nimble Elf players surrounded them and war dancer Steinbok downed ball carrying runna Rik.
Addax's thrower retreved the bouncing ball and broke for the endzone, Gobbos from all corners of the pitch legging it to intercept. Dispite Pagga's repeated suggestions that prahaps cobbing him a few yards might help, Lichen was much more intrested in the beetle he'd found scutttling along the scrimmage line. From Lichen later account to Coach Staggut, it was delicious.
With no more options remaining the Night Goblin shaman called down a bolt of lightening, blowing Addax's thrower from his feet and buying Da Kikas acouple of precious seconds. Wood Elf number 12 dusted himself off, remembering who and where he was quick enough to reclaim the ball and dodge a thundering Gobbo blitz, though now finding himself pinned at the sideline. Another timely and efficent wardance from Steinbok saw the problem removed allowing the first touchdown of the day.

The ball kicked kicked to Da Kikas, Addax once again deployed deep, curtailing any chance of a quick equalizer.Rik catching the ball began to bolt up pitch, calling to his teammates to form another pocket around him but they were not quick enough, as Steinbok once again danced over and through Da Kika's cage, downed Rik (again) and firmly earned a place on 'Da Lisst'.
As Wood Elf players jogged down the pitch awaiting the invenitable pass Fanatic Wud'un Topp in a rare moment of clarity, saw his chance, wizzing towards Addax's players with laser accuracy. His moment of triumph was stolen however when the combination of swinging a huge metal ball bigger than him and horrifying fungus based narcotics overwhelmed his little frame, resulting in a minor stroke. The expected pass/run play came, Addax No. 7 , Chinkara taking the ball home.

Kikas' morale plunged for the next drive as Elvish songs and chants drowned out their own fans and Staggut's play calls. Surely the Old Firm rivallry couldn't be settled with such a disapointing game.

Now it was the turn of Addax to receive, the game stacked against a forlorn Gobbo team desperate for some chance to convert. Kikas' players swarmed to disrupt a nacent Addax pocket. An ugly brawl ensued, broken when Kika's trowa Rikmond crawled into the mist of the Elves, activated the exploding runes and tossed them into the air above his head, and yelling "Itz a far beta fing I doz naaa!" before diving for cover. The runes detonated knocking four Wood Elves to the ground, badly dazing a now much loathed Steinbok.
Seizeing on the chaos Da Kikas' layed into Addax with everying they had, Pagga finally wresting the ball from Elvish hands and with Rik and Hobo making a dash for the Endzone. Addax defence rushed to hem them in but with a nimble display of improbable dodges Pagga found the line and rescued some dignity from the game.

The game almost over and with Da Kikas' to punt little chance remained to equalize, however time to try and settle the score with fists was ample, however their massed attack could best be described as 'feeble' and 'depressing' with not a single pointy ear eating earth until 'da batle ov da big guyz'; Addax's Dryad blocker lashed out his boughs, knocking Bazza for six then tried to place a blow on Lichen in the same move.With an up to now, rare display of basic cognative thought and cunning that must surely mark him out as a potential scholor amougst Trollkind Lichen deftly side steped the oncomming brach and placed a reposte on the back of the Dryad's main trunk with such force as to splinter it's wood, nessesatating an urgent apointment with Addax's apocathcary if the forest sprite was ever to play Blood Bowl again.
The Elves still danced the ball home broadly unopposed in the game's final seconds (Ogli's attempt to throw Pagga to intercept the run lead merely to Pagga's streching off with concussion) but it mattered little to Kikas' fans who, in Lichens show of brutal efficency, had seen what they wanted to see - violence meeted out to tree huggers, and indeed a tree itself.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

These posts are tremendous! Keep up the great work!

Man, I love Goblins.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

Cheers man, much obliged.
No updates the last week or so on account of work and family rather selfishly getting in the way of toy soldiers and beer.
Hopefully the situation will be rectified soon.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Yeah, real life is a b!tch sometimes... :lol:

Keep it up !

The Painted Goblin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The Painted Goblin »

Excellent work - nice write ups!

Keep em coming :)

This week, I will be mostly painting.....Dwarven Warriors (WHFB)

What the photon is PHOTON?
Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

Last night's match report to follow today or tomorrow.

GuppyShark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GuppyShark »

PLaying daily or are you working through a backlog?

Commissioner, Drakebowl Cyanide Blood Bowl League
Three Wolf Moon Norse Team Blog
Follow @lordmakk on twitter to get news from the ulfwerener's mouth!
Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

We all gather at a games club on Thursday night and sometimes play on Tuesday at my house if I can rope someone else in to come and watch/distract darling daughter.
Not played since the last update due to other commitments sadly.
I wouldn't keep pressing 'refesh' this evening as the chance to sit infront of here for an hour or so crafting spoof sports journo gold looks slim.

Parenting is not the unalloyed joy that I was led to belive it is.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Welcome to the real world ! :D

You should try what Traveller does: learn the kid to paint. Mine is already 2 years old and I doubt I can NOT influence her enough to take up painting... :lol: All she seems capable of at the moment is either "no" or "mine". All the words I learned here (dodge, dice, bloodbowl) seem to have gone...

Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

Damn real world....

Anyway...

Har-Ganarth Executioners (dark elves) 2 - Da Shin Kikas 0

Da Shin Kikas' penultimate game of the season was the campagin's first for The Executioners who had been enjoying an extended break lapping up the sun at Naggroth's balmy costal resorts. A glance towards the stands showed that most of the normally well followed Executioners' fans were still enjoying ice-cream and working on their tans with a paltry ten thousand turning up versus fifteen thousand Gobbos and allied greenish races cramming into Da Kikas' stands.
Dispite this poor showing The Executioners' fans melodic chants of pure hatred proved disturbing to Kikas' fans and players alike, particularlly Buttas whose kick off corkscrewed off into the crowd, gifting the Executiuoners a touchback.
Witch Elf n0 3 bolted down the wing KOing Bazza and ripping Da Net open for n0 5 Blitzer who had recived the penalty touchback. Executioners' Blitzer no14, Hans Kool - a distant relative of the legendary Jeramiah Kool - picked his way through Da Kikas' defence, recived a long pass from n0 5 and ran the ball home for an early Dark Elf lead.

Coach Staggut broke into an evil grin. Dispite being a point down Da Kikas now had two drives in control. One to spend smashing up Pointy Ears and atleast one to try and score. Da Plan was comming together.

With the liklihood of the Goblins forming up to try and inflict casualities ,The Executioners set for a defensive feint, redeploying away from the major threats as the ball was kicked, much to the disapointment the fans and opposing players. Although out of position some violence was possible with Smak 'ed following in fanatic Wud 'un Top's wake, sticking the boot into downed n0 2 Witch Elf whom he managed to render unconscious but the brave ref called his clumsy foul, sending the Blitza to the dungeon.
In the meantime Da Kikas recivers gathered up the ball, which landed deep in their endzone, conveyed it to the line of scrimmage for a throwing play, but too slow as nimble Dark Elves lapped around their pocket. As Rikmond desperately implored Stone Troll Lichen Rukmuncha to toss him down field Witch Elf n0 3 dodged and twirled to her mark and sent the diminutive Throwa flying in her own fashion.
Blitzer no 5 scooped the ball then long bombed it to a waiting Hans Kool in what looked certain to be a repeat of their earlier success. Certain until black storm clouds swiftly gathered in what had moments before been clear skies. From the heavens came a bolt of lightening that found Hans sending him into the air, and then down to the ground. Hard.
Pagga sprinted back from the line of scrimmage to seize the smoking ball which he tossed to rookie Katcha Pustul. Up field Da Kikas' troll and 'special' players had done sterling work, decimating The Executioners' defence. With just enough time left on the clock Pustul began a breaking run which lasted a whole glorious thirty seconds until n0 10 line elf Kizat Silverfalcon smacked the Gobbo down. A display of butter-fingers all round ensued ,though, with the help of Da Kikas' loyal fans, eventually Goblin Runna Hobo gained possession of the ball. Scant seconds left on the clock now, Hobo frantically gee'd up Ogli Marshbreath to throw him the dozen or so yards needed to secure an equalizer. Deep in his simple troll mind synapses unused for years sparked into life and Ogli knew it was down to him. He cocked his arm and threw his little team mate for all his worth. Cheers erupted from the dugout and Kikas' stands as Hobo arched high into the air. Cheers that turned to groans however as the runna sailed over the Endzone and into a terrace full of Dark Elf fans.
To boos and jeers and half time whistle blew and a few moments later Hobo made it back to his dugout, bruised, bleeding but thankfully alive.

The Execututioners' kick off proved as accurate as Buttas' first, granting a touchback given to Kikas' star Runna Rik. Looking for the early equalizer again, Lichen took Rik in his huge hand to cob him towards the Executioners' Endzone. Unfortuantly Rik slipped and fell 8 feet from Lichen's warty mitt, landed on his head and was hauled off to Da Rekovery Room for a while.
Executioners' Blitzer n0 1 deftly recovered the ball and ran past the reach of his gobbo pursuers. In dispair Staggut opened his Dezparate Mezurrs playbook and kicked Loony Weetabix onto the pitch from their Endzone. Dark Elf n0 1's showboating moonwalk toward the scoring line thus ended to the sound of a running chainsaw, allowing Blitza Amrig to pick up the ball, catch his breath and start his own jog to glory. Dodging merrily past several attacking Executioners things looked good until Line Elf Kizat legged Amrig over in a typically sneaky and unfair fashion. Amrig maintained enough control to pass the ball to the crowd hoping that they atleast could be counted on to help again, however their aim was no better than any other Goblin's and the ball landed neatly at the feet of Executioner's Blitzer n0 4 who quickly passed it off to Hans Kool before Lichen laided n0 4 low.
Too far forward to have any hope of stopping Kool's second touchdown of the evening Da Kika's embarked on an ineffectual round of blocking and fouling that made them feel alittle bit better if not actually achiveing anything of note.

Zero chance of any sort of result remained but with plenty of hope to rescue atleast a touchdown Hobe retrieved the kicked ball and handed it off to Rik. Rik, however, dropped it. Witch Elf n0 3 tried to neuter the anticpated throwing play, psyching herself up to blitz Ogli who erupted in a deep,wet belly laugh and casually back-handed the hirsuite female aside then picking up Rik ( who buffeted by a barage of swearing from Hobo finally had the ball) threw him high and true. Rik looked to land well, albeit upsettingly close to an Excutioners' line elf ,who commited an act akin to a defencive volly that made Rik loose the ball, consciousness, and speak a whole octave higher when he came to.
After watching this display of incompetance above and beyond that expected from any Goblin team, well over half of Da Kikas' fans had walked out of the arena in dispondancy as well as most of Da Kika's reserves and coaching staff. Your corrispondant (who had a bus to catch I'm afraid) is told that alittle blitzing happened from the Dark Elves and the other Witch Elf failed to catch a ball but Blitzer no5 got it, though unable to score, and performed a lap of honour along their Wide Zone as Da Kika's weathered a hail of cans and foodstuffs their own rapidly dwindling fanbase.

Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

Ah. Can't delete post.

do-be-doo