Ungrateful Dead - Blog Bowl Radio

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Ungrateful Dead - Blog Bowl Radio

Post by Insane_Prophet »

This is an excellent way of recording matches. You've managed to record all the key details without getting bogged down in numbers or the exact passage of play, which keeps it a suitable length. The fluff really infuses it with some superb characterisation as well.

I'll be keeping an eye on this team.

Did you regret not taking any Ghouls in your starting line up? It looks like the Flesh Golems made a big difference, but do you reckon the lack of a couple more AG3 players may have been a partial reason behind the early draws?

Reason: ''
The Painted Goblin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The Painted Goblin »

Possibly so, but the decision was for the long haul. FG's take ages to skill up, whereas Ghouls pick up SPP's effortlessly, and our league has a lot of st4 players, so I wanted some extra punch.

It may be a while before these play again as they've become a bit frightening to play against and no one is challenging them! My dark elves and humans are getting most of the action

This week, I will be mostly painting.....Dwarven Warriors (WHFB)

What the photon is PHOTON?
Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

Yeah, I'd agree that it's better to start with the Flesh Golems, for all the reasons you stated. There's also the fact that they regenerate, which makes them more likely to survive those early games than the ghouls. I'm always interested in other people's opinion on that though, since to me it seems to be the biggest choice you have to make when putting together a starting roster.

The Painted Goblin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The Painted Goblin »

Well I had a fantastic stroke of luck by rolling MVP on both FG's in the first two games.
Since then they've been the most reliable players on the team.

Since I added the two ghouls, it really made a difference to the feel of the whole team though. Can't really imagine playing without them now!

This week, I will be mostly painting.....Dwarven Warriors (WHFB)

What the photon is PHOTON?