Herts & Essex Blood Bowl League "Eye on Blood Bowl"

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lentheman
Rookie
Rookie

Herts & Essex Blood Bowl League "Eye on Blood Bowl"

Post by lentheman »

Welcome sports fans to the first public broadcast of EYE ON BLOOD BOWL, coming at you from the Herts & Essex Blood Bowl League!!

The HEBBL is one of the newest table-top Blood Bowl Leagues in the UK. We currently have 30 members with 20 active coaches.
We have a very diverse league, with virtually all of the Blood Bowl races represented.
Each team plays one game per week, with League Cup games also thrown in! We play with a number of house rules, all of which can be found on this site!
We are rapidly approaching the end of our fourth season, with eight teams fighting it out in our Final’s day. four Quarter finals, two semi finals and the Grand Final are all played in a single day at a venue exclusive to the League!
Our current champions are the Tree Top Terrors (Wood Elves).
All of the HEBBL coaches regularly meet up for a ‘players meeting’ to discuss any issues each player may have and iron out any rule queries. In essence it is a night out for having a beer and a chat!
If you are interested in joining the league, please do not hesitate to get in touch or simply join the forum and introduce yourself!

EYE ON BLOOD BOWL - HEBBL Season 4, Week 14 Grand Final Preview

Now we hand you over to Hal and Bob our resident commentators and this weeks special guests superstar goblin, Sneaky B'Stard and legendary Orc Torcy Orcams...

Hal: Hi and welcome blood bowl fans and welcome to Eye on Blood Bowl. The only show with the inside info and gossip on the Herts and Essex Blood Bowl League. Joining me as usual is my colleague and expert analyst Bob Tate. Hi Bob.

Bob: Hi Hal. Do you think anyone noticed that we haven’t been on air for the last couple of weeks?

Hal: The viewing figures stayed the same, so I am guessing no. I had no idea being invited to El Presidente Torcy Orcams inauguration would take quite that long. I also had no idea you could get so mashed that you believed that you were a marshmallow for a whole day.

Bob: That wasn’t funny at all, you and Sneaky were bang out of order. If I tell you I am a marshmallow don’t ask me for proof damnit.

Hal: Watching you shove a stick up your ass and jump on a fire was worth it though, do you have any idea how many times that clip has been requested on cabal vision now?

Bob: Then where are my royalties?

Hal: I think Sneaky got you to sign them over to him while you were high on goblin nose candy.

Bob: That little %^*^

Sneaky: Oi, I am right here you know.

Hal: Bringing me neatly along to the show itself. The regular season is coming to an end this week and finals day has been set for a week later. As it is a special occasion we have a couple of special guests. Obviously friend of the show and all round legend Sneaky B’Stard is here with us. Hi Sneaky.

Sneaky: Cheers Hal, hi all.

Bob: What the hell happened to your suit Sneaky?

Sneaky: I got mobbed by fans at the entrance to the studio and they ripped it. You watch though, this will be all the rage by next week.

Hal: Also joining us for the first time is Fluffikins, a werewolf playing in his rookie season for All Hallows Evil. Hi and welcome to the show Fluffikins, can we call you Fluffi?

Fluffi: Wooof ruff grrrr.

Sneaky: You are welcome, nice suit by the way.

Bob: Huh?

Fluffi: Owwwhoooo woof.

Hal: Thats right Fluffi, with claws like that you could end up with a suit like Sneaky’s in no time.

Bob: I knew my career would never amount to much but being stuck in a studio with a giant man dog in a dinner jacket and a drug dealing goblin is just too much.

Hal: For those not familiar with the format of the HEBBL this season let me give you a run down. There have been 4 conferences playing the regular season, with the top two from each making it into the play offs to slug it out for the big prize.

Bob: The qualifiers will be placed into two pools, one for the first place and one for second, and drawn against each other to form the quarter finals. No team can draw another team that was in the same conference as them until the final. All nice and straight forward.

Fluffi: Rrrruff grrr woof woooof.

Sneaky: Thats right, its a seeded system to reward the coaches that topped their conferences.

Bob: Right you two, thats enough. Are you seriously telling me that you understand what Fluffi is saying?

Hal & Sneaky: Yeah.

Bob: I need to drink less, or more. Basically which ever one will make the most sense out of this.

Hal: Before we give you a run down on the teams playing for the championship we would like to congratulate the Lykasita Ligers for their triumph in the Banksy Memorial Cup in their rookie season.

Bob: Ands wish them luck as they aim to make it a league and cup double.

Fluffi: woof woof woof.

Sneaky: I am not sure having a werewolf playing in a team of girls would be a good idea dude, a super talented awesome goblin on the other hand………

Hal: We thought you had hung your boots up Sneaky?

Sneaky: Well kind of, just imagine what the team bath would be like though.

Bob: Actually Sneaky a little bird tells me that you are set to be making an appearance on finals day anyway.

Sneaky: So its weird that I can understand Fluffi, but fine that little birds talk to you?

Bob: Good grief. Are you playing in the Hong Kong 7’s or not?

Sneaky: Oh that. Probably, I mean its a contest for amateur players but some of the Smackers fancy a kick about. There is also talk of my family team, The Little B’Stards, entering. They need the help to be honest.

Hal: Keep an eye out for the 7’s tournament, it promises to be fast and frantic.

Fluffi: owuff grrrrr ruff.

Sneaky: Yep, just like you dude.

Hal: We will now run through each of the conferences and give you the run down on the teams making it through and how we think they will fare in the competition. First up is conference A……..

Sneaky: Or the gay elf conference.

Bob: You can’t say that.

Sneaky: When did you get all PC?

Bob: I just mean that you don’t need to say gay, just saying elf implies a level of inherent bumming and gayness.

Sneaky: Good point, well made.

Hal: How we never get sued I will never know. Congratulations to the Middle Earth Nomads for topping the group after some tricky games against a lot of Nurgle teams.

Sneaky: Yeah, the thieving pykies did alright.

Bob: The Nomads have looked ok this season as playing Nurgle teams for a passing team is going to be tricky. They did drop points but on the whole only drawing rather than losing.

Fluffi: wuff woof wuff wuff grrrrr

Hal: Yes Fluffi, they know how to keep hold of the ball and where the end zone is. How do you rate their chances Bob?

Bob: This is one of the flair teams and they have scored a lot of TD’s this season. I think the big occasion and the seeding system should see them safely through into the semis.

Sneaky: I can see them coming unstuck there though, in fact there is one second placed team that can throw a spanner in the works for any team in the quarter finals.

Bob: Good point. The draw will make all the difference for any of the teams really. Any of the conference winners will be looking to avoid drawing NGash in the quarters.

Hal: Why do you see them not making it beyond the semis?

Bob: They have already lost to the Ligers this season and it was quite convincing, I also think they will struggle against the 13. In the semi’s they will be pretty much ok as long as they draw Valhala Can Wait, after beating then 5-0 earlier in the season they will be confident of a path to the final.

Sneaky: Overall though we would put this team at 3rd overall and going out at the semi final stage.

Fluffi: wuff wuff WUFF roof grrrrrr

Hal: Actually I have no idea what elf tastes like Fluffi.

Sneaky & Bob: Chicken!!!

Hal: I want to be sick. The runners up in conference A are the high elves of the Sophisticates. This was a close run contest with the Septic Bay Knights but the elves snatched their spot in the closing weeks.

Bob: These guys have got some game, although they had a key player killed in the closing stages of the season. It will be interesting to see how that will affect them.

Sneaky: I saw a show called the Sophisticates on stage once.

Hal: Don’t do it Sneaky.

Sneaky: It was kinda cool but a little weird. They got a contract when a guy walked into a talent agents and said “Have I got an act for you”.

Bob: What was the show?

Hal: Don’t encourage him. How do you see their chances of getting through?

Bob: Pretty slim I am afraid. They are going to be right up against it in the quarter finals. They can’t draw the Nomads but the three teams that they can get are all going to be really tough.

Sneaky: I mean the shagging on stage was interesting, the vomiting did nothing for me though.

Hal: Sneaky!!!!!!

Fluffi: ruff ruff, grrrrrrrr

Hal: You think their chances are that bad Fluffi?

Sneaky: And when they were ice skating in their own poo, that was pretty wrong.

Hal: Bob, sum this up.

Bob: Barring a miracle these guys are going out in the quarter finals stage having put up a valiant effort to make it this far.

Hal: Thank you. On to conference B where congratulation are due to Valhala Can Wait after only dropping one league game and qualifying on the highest overall points total of any team.

Bob: The game they dropped was pretty spectacular though.

Sneaky: Yeah, 5-0 and they can end up playing the same team again. Thats gonna hurt.

Hal: It has been mentioned throughout the season that the lack of competition in conference B may dull any teams performance. To put it into perspective, Valhala scored the highest points of any team this season. However they did it in the conference that scored the least points overall. Showing that the teams they beat lost their inter conference games as well.

Bob: Thats right. They have actually lost to the Ligers in the cup and the Nomads in the league without scoring against either. That’s 2 of the 3 teams that they are likely to face in the semi finals, and I can’t see them having a fun time against the 13 either.

Fluffi: wuff wooof HOOOOWOOOOO

Hal: No Fluffi, not any numpty could have won conference B. House von Beck could still have guffed it royally.

Sneaky: Didn’t your lot just lose an inter conference game against Valhala?

Fluffi: Grrrrrrrrrrr

Sneaky: You never played when we were allowed knuckle dusters did you sunshine?

Fluffi: WOOF!!!!

Sneaky: Unless you want my name stamped across your nuts in diamonds I would take that back.

Fluffi: Ow ow ow.

Sneaky: Good boy.

Hal: Ok, serious time now.

Bob: The Norse boys have a pretty easy ride into the semis unless they draw NGash, but that is going to be a recurring theme for anyone. If the odds play out and the conference winners all make the semis I think Valhala will be the weakest team there. So they will march into the semis but get stopped dead there.

Fluffi: owuuf ruff grrr howwooo.

Sneaky: I will have some of that, 1,000 gold crowns cheers.

Bob: What?

Sneaky: Fluffi is offering odds of 25 to 1 for Valhala to win overall.

Bob: And you bet a grand on that?

Sneaky: No, I took his 3-1 odds on Valhala making the semi’s but failing to score there.

Hal: So far then that is two failed semi finalists and one going out in the quarters. Second place in conference B was the necro lads from Tomblins Gravestealers. Second place was quite hotly contested in this conference.

Bob: Yes but the Stealers made it through with the lowest points total of any team, by quite a stretch as well.

Sneaky: Could be a case of good game cheers for turning up boys.

Fluffi: Woof wuff wuff

Hal: Indeed Fluffi, it has been quite the achievement for them to make it this far already and anything else is a bonus.

Sneaky: Thats just a polite way of saying they suck and are going out in the quarter finals right?

Hal: Fraid so. We move onto conference C where skaven pace team The 13 triumphed overall with an almost perfect league season. The only game they have dropped so far was to the runner up in this conference, and they can’t draw them in the quarters anyway.

Bob: I would actually rate these guys as the second favourites to win overall. They still have one league match to play first against Ngash, but barring and major injuries there they are looking good.

Sneaky: They must be pretty happy that they can’t draw the Jungle Bunnies, their records against lizard men this season hasn’t been great at all.

Hal: Two draws and a loss isn’t too great really. You say second favourites Bob?

Bob: Yep, I see the 13 as being one of the finalists. I am aware that anything can happen once that whistle goes in the final but I think they just don’t quite have what it takes to win overall.

Hal: How about the Jungle Bunnies then? They finished runners up in the groups in a close run fight with All Hallows Evil.

Sneaky: They also made it to the final of the Banksy cup, which is good going.

Bob: Any of the teams that finished second are up against it, and their best shot at qualifying was to play the 13 again. Which we know can’t happen. This team has some amazing players in it but there is a tiny something missing and I think that will cost them.

Hal: So you see them going out in the quarter finals?

Bob: Yes, but they will be a force to be reckoned with if they return next season.

Hal: Lastly is conference D where the Lykasita Ligers won this seasons group of death, pipping Ngash into second. Up until week 13 of the season any of the top 4 teams in this fiercely contested group could have actually won it.

Sneaky: The Ligers have looked pretty solid all season so far. They suffered an early set back against Diamond White early on, but the dwarves fell away later in the season and failed to really compete. They are also the current holders of the Banksy cup.

Bob: They have also played two of the other conference winners and won on both occasions so the odds are well with them going into finals day.

Hal: Is this our other finalist then?

Bob: I reckon so, and overall winner. No pressure or anything though, but I have a lot of gold riding on this.

Hal: Fluffi seems to have gone awfully quiet.

Sneaky: Yeah, he is over there. Licking his nuts by the look of it.

Hal: Charming. So the EOBB shout for season 4 champions is the Ligers. There is one team remaining however, NGash.

Bob: This team is the spanner that could be lobbed into the works and make a mess of everything we have predicted so far. They finished second but can give any of the conference winners a damn hard game.

Sneaky: They are also on an amazing run of form having won their closing games of the season. It looked all over for them when they dropped 3 games early on in the season.

Hal: Can we even predict what will happen here?

Bob: I don’t want to even try. NGash are the real wild card here, any of the conference winners will be dreading drawing them and they are more than comfortable with causing an upset.

Hal: Well there you have it, another event filled season with the HEBBL and what is sure to be an epic finals day. Keep an eye on us back on your screens for season 5.

Reason: ''
The Herts & Essex Blood Bowl League - Now in to it's 8th Season!!

Check out our website at http://www.hebbl.co.uk

NEW - HARLOW GAMES CLUB - Games club for veteran gamers and new home of the HEBBL
http://www.harlowgamesclub.co.uk