Twitter Match Report Tuesday 3rd May Glowworm won :(

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Twitter Match Report Tuesday 3rd May TODAY from 7:30

Post by betterZthenDeaD »

And. They're. Off! :orc:

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Great game with a classic finish. 1-1 first half, fairly standard, but then I let his blodging sidestepping ghoul stand next to my thrower at the start of the second, cue lots of shenanigans deep in my half. Turn 6 I half dice his mummy to get a TZ off the ball, dodge out, pick up, and fail hand off to someone on the half way line. His ghoul fails a dodge out with a 1,2, and I manage the pick up with a catcher to run off cackling down the field, forgetting that his wight has Jump Up, despite the bright blue base ring. Could easily have stuck multiple TZs in the way, but completely miss it.

He says Jump Up, then needs a 4+, 3+ dodge, 2 GFIs and then a two-dice with block to get down my dodger. Manages it all without using his reroll, which means he can save it for the pick up, long pass into 1 TZ, block with a blockless mummy, and dodge out with a ghoul for the TD. Can't remember if he used the reroll in his turn 8 or not.

2-1 final score. Tish. League title to Mr Glow.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Still had a re-roll(70K of team bloat!!), 2-1 was always going to be the result but the question was to who ?

Points of interest included:

Me reminding Mike his Ogre had block, next block from the Ogre was double Skulls!!

Moaning about checking the league schedule before picking skills, I spent the entire match moaning about the Wight having a wasted skill (Jump up) and how i should have taken Tackle, jump up then saved the match.....never underestimate the value of movement :wink:

One thing we both commented on was the amount of POW's rolled by both players, also nearly every block was 2 dice (good positioning?) and resulted in a player going down.

It was a great game against an excellent opponent, most of my games with Mike are close but this one swung one was then the other, I was ulta-lucky to get the win, a draw would have been a fairer result, and given Mike the league title.

Next league l'll probably be playing.....SLANN (this could get interesting!!)

Thank you for all the in play support Sir Inkpwn, I dedicate this title to TEAM CHAOS. We are on the march to Amsterdam!!

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

See, I just worry that you've used up allof your luck before the GT...

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

nazgob wrote:See, I just worry that you've used up allof your luck before the GT...
Why would I need luck at the GT ? Im playing Gobbo's :-?