Ravenous Rotter-Dames (Vampire)

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mutter
Rookie
Rookie

Ravenous Rotter-Dames (Vampire)

Post by Mutter »

Okay, after having bought the BB game with the styrofoam playing field back in ... 93? I think, I lost track of BB for a loooooong time. Spent my time with WHFB and other stuff.
Along came Cyanide, and re-kindled my interest. Didn't play that much, though, because the fact that you can't save mid-game and the time it takes for a whole game meant I didn't get to play too often.

And now, a couple of weeks ago, somehow a fever grabbed me. Must. play. Blood. Bowl!
I spent too much time on this forum, bbtactice and the plasmoids.dk-site, and really, really wanted to play. Got out my old stuff and raided all my Warhammer Fantasy boxes (I have almost every army) to convert teams.

THEN I managed to get my girlfriend interested, and since then we played two games. This thread will document the exploits of my vampire team ...
The name for the team practically chose itself - for the thralls, I'm gonna use Malifaux's Rotten Belles and Showgirls, the vampires will be THEIR minions, and haave no say in team matters. ;)

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/image/c ... 00x560.jpg

http://wyrd-games.net/shop/images/P/p-16326.jpg

Vampires will be the Hordes bloodrunners.

Starting team roster was:
3 Vampires
8 Thralls
5 re-rolls

So far, two of the vamps have scored (so both 3 SPP each), and two or three thralls got a CAS, with two different ones getting MVP.
So that means, after two games, I have one skill on the thrall - will probably giving him 'kick'.

My girlfriend plays Lizardmen (the 'Sexy Exy'-team ... :D), and so far, both games have ended 1-1. Second game was especially aggravating for me, because two times I had a really good chance to nail the coffin, so to speak, and score the 2-1, but both times the dice foiled me.

My biggest difficulty so far (apart from learning to move across the field in standard formations and what to do when) is to alyways, always reduce the number of necessary dice-rolls.
I think, a reflex for (non BB) gamers is, to think: Wow, a 2+ with a re-roll! That's VERY good chances, I take those. And THEN you roll two 1s.
So far, no game I have encountered has the strategy to avoid dice-rolls at its heart, and sometimes I forget. In the second game, one of my vamps picked up the ball. To get him nearer to rest of his team and to have an easier time next turn, I used a GFI. And rolled the 1, then another one.
Needless to say, that drive didn't end too well. To avoid stuff like that, and ONLY throw the dice when you can't prevent it - that I still have to learn.

Gilfriend is still intrigued, undercoated her skinks last night, and wants to try a passing team soon. I'm thinking of a league format, where we each have two teams, who can never play each other.
Anybody else have experience with running two-player leagues? :D

Can't wait till my belles get here, and am converting an undead/necro team in the meantime to use as my second team.

Reason: ''