VuK and Son

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: VuK and Son

Post by voyagers_uk »

the match didn't go the way he expected. He has had trouble running Orcs but against his Skaven I made it look easy, caging up and pushing slowly throughout the first half for a 1-0 lead at the half after stealing the ball in turn 2. He then had to kick to me, but when I fumbled a pick up he swooped in with all 4 gutter runners and scored in turn 5 of the second half. I pushed down and with a mini cage to emphasize the play to him I scored in turn 8 to win it.

2 casualties each today. One of the Orcs was a dead lineman (no skills) but he won enough cash to buy a Black Orc blocker and thereby strengthen the team for minimal TV impact.

He rolled the advances and gained a +AG Orc lineman and a Wrestle line rat.

so the Orcs are now TV 1.42m and coming along scarily well, the Skaven are good and fast but lacking development on the line.

he has taken over coaching the High Elves as he enjoyed them last week. I have no issue with that though and have taken a rookie Dwarf team to give him some minimal exposure to them

I have taken my inspiration from the Both Down boys and let loose the "KahzadDum Killiwogs" a team of famous "Steve's" who's career prior to the Bloodbowl pitch range from failed bards to stand-up not comedians and bitter old ex-atheletes.

12 teams going now, average TV 1.2m

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

a weekend of bloodbowl activity has occurred

an intense game of team manager (him with Orcs and me with Vampires) was had... close game him using his strength and me getting very lucky with star players led to a 5 fan victory for me. Damn close. and lots of fun. After Monarchy it is his second favorite card game.

then we had a welcome return to tabletop with his rookie Lizardman team facing my rookie chaos.

his first block of the game AV broke a beastman.... natural 11's all the way, after that I pushed his skinks around for 18 turns. and I mean pushed, I barely knocked anything over the entire game. He broke mine with regularity and cackled like a crone every time he KO'd or Stunned one of mine.

His Strength was too much for me to get past and I only managed to tie the game up in turn 6 of the second half. This score included was almost stifled by a failed breakaway and he managed to get a 2 die block on my chaos warrior with 3 skinks, he knocked me over and the ball popped out, he had no one free to collect it so I blitzed the guy next to the ball and pushed him onto it. It bounced ontop my prone player and then diagonally away, next to the end zone. I stood up, dodged, picked up the ball and scored. It went to overtime and he flipped the coin for me to receive and I managed to get lucky with a few push results and scored in turn 3 of the OT period.

a lucky break but with the injury he managed to still have a higher TV than me when he rolled +AG on a skink. I took Mighty Blow on the chaos warrior who scored the winner next stop claw... also I am 70k closer to a minotaur... only 40k remaining until he roars his way onto the pitch.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Sounds like you had a fun weekend!
8)