Stonehorns - Human Team

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Red_Starrise
Rookie
Rookie

Stonehorns - Human Team

Post by Red_Starrise »

I first started blood bowl when the third edition boxed game was first coming out. I have many fond memories of those days. It was just myself and my buddy Chris but we had tons of chaotic games, we even started cannibalizing other minis to expand the ranks of our blood bowl teams, being too poor to afford anything else lol.

I recall we even took a 2nd Ed Ork from the 40k starter set and sculpted an executioner's hood, reposed him, and put an elf head in his bolt pistol hand, hanging by a top knot. His team was called the Executioners. As for myself, I just went with the Ultramarines-erm that is to say Reikland Reavers.

I also remember when the 3rd Ed 40k came out neither of us wanted to play Dark Eldar, so we turned them into a Dark Elf team.

So, I've recently gotten back into blood bowl after a many many year hiatus. It took me much digging but I acquired the last version metal human team by GW which I feel are some of the nicest human minis GW has produced for any system (YMMV). I've taken to painting them up like my favorite college University of Texas.

So without further ado here are the Stonehorns:

First up is the Ogre himself. This big fella typically acts as center for the 'Horns
Image[/URL

Next are 2 of the Catchers. They have done quite a good job of running circles around the 'Horns arch-nemesis team Da Orkansaw Razorbax.
[URL=http://s184.photobucket.com/user/red_starrise/media/Blood%20Bowl/Stonehorns/20131110_081812_zps2cbd886c.jpg.html]Image

Blitzers, the real showboats of the team.

Good old linos, the backbone of the team

One of my throwers. With the way I roll for passing with these guys & catching with the catchers, my 'Horns are a pretty decent passing team actually.

That's it for now, I'll put up some more action shots a little later.

Still have several linemen, 2 catchers and a thrower to complete, plus Zug & Griff will be modelling their Stonehorn issue uniforms as well.

Record so far: 5W, 2L, 0D
1 Dungeonbowl Victory.
Opponents: Orkansaw Razorbax, Da Bruizers (Orcs)

Reason: ''
Red_Starrise
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Stonehorns - Human Team

Post by Red_Starrise »

Action shots from several games today
My favorite moment - a long bomb pass. Needed a 6, failed, Pass re-roll for the 6. Successfully caught by the Catcher. Touchdown! Victory Horns

JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: Stonehorns - Human Team

Post by JaM »

Ha! Nice one.

Btw, if you're using square bases in bloodbowl, you deserve to lose..! :lol: