Ghrond Gazells! Ogres, ogres, ogres.

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Ghrond Gazells! Ogres, ogres, ogres.

Post by inkpwn »

glowworm wrote:.......
3. Does this mean your feeling a calling to Woodelves?
Almost!
Presenting the Ghrond Gazells team blog!
After using Underworld since July I'm a tad tired of having my butt kicked so when I found a Shadowforge human team in my bitz box I knew it was time to try a team I had never played before, Dark elves!

The Ghrond Gazells, hailing from the northern temple city of Ghrond the team is forged from a gaggle of vicious cut throats with a lust for fame. Wrangled together by a High Priestess of Khaine, Glia Rawd, to garner favor, followers and pure murderous energy for her violent god and where better to start for murder and violence then the Blood Bowl pitch?

1. P'eelo Fritake. A mercilessness bride of Khaine with an insatiable blood lust. (Witch Elf)
2. Mu'Tak. Strong and bold Mu'tak is know for her love of crushing the skulls of downed opponents beneath her boot. (Blitzer)
3. Kree lak. Young and brash Kree lak once round house kicked the head off of a loyal fan for a three gold bet. (Blitzer)
4. Ru'bak. Not much is know of the quite Ru'baks past but her actions speak for themselves. (Blitzer)
5. Melow. Once drank a cup of vampire blood on a dare, she has been giving everyone weird looks ever since. (Linewoman)
6. Celro. Said to be born of a stupified dark elf priest and a drunk swine Celro seeks to find her true mother, or if that fails roast her current one. (Linewoman)
7. Prooolen. Stupid name, stupider player, Prooolen was once kicked in the head by a Bull Centaur and has never truly recovered. (Linewoman)
8. Ilorf. Once burped the 14,000 character wizard alphabet, not willingly, it was a cheap halfling curse. (Linewoman)
9. Anlore. Loves long walks by the sulphur pits, tall, undead men and fine blood wine. (Linewoman)
10. Grizelda. She resembles more a goblin then a dark elf, but that hasn't stopped her flirting anything with two legs, or a pulse. (Linewoman)
11. Trelner. Once participated in a Snotling neck breaking contest, got to forty eight before she got a wrist cramp, reached eighty seven before she stopped. (Linewoman)

The Vanguard league starts at 1 mil + 5 free fan factor so the Gazells starting line up was as such=
1x Witch elf, 3x Blitzers 7x Linewomen and 2 re-rolls.
With no prep time to paint the team what I did was cut 11 paper strips and wrote the players number and an initial for their position title on the strip of paper, I then used a hole punch to make a hole in each strip the end result was a team wearing big white aprons.
The first match was against Tompkins -insert name here- dwarf team. Tompkins won fame and successfully kept the game at a snails pass as he grinded the way to 1-0 after the first half, a quick two turn score from me brings the game to a draw until the end three turns when I was five players down and couldn't break through his walls with my limited players and he scored the winning touchdown with his troll slayer. I received three injury, caused none but I didn't even get a miss next game, Khaine smiles upon us this day.
Mu'tak was awarded MVP and skilled up gaining +MV, and I gained 60k in winnings.

My second match was against Lee Hannons 'The Wenches of Farthing wood', a semi-skilled wood elf team with a block treeman, kick line elf and two guard line elves.
That one point of armour really helps in elf vs elf confrontations. I won fame and because of that two thrown rock kick off rolls. The game was a series of convoluted scrums and wild dashes for touchdowns. While tense the game ended in a 2-0 win for the Gazelles, a blitzer may miss the next game with a niggling injury but I now have my apothecary and my Witch elf gained block. I was planning on saving for that last blitzer* but I decided to buy an apothecary instead. 40k in the bank, fan factor stays the same.
Prooolen was awarded MVP.

*After a glorious victory for the Gazelles drinking was in order, after a extended boozing session at the Cloak and Stagger the girls stumble a disgruntled, grimy little man in one of the cities many back alleys, drenched in blood the man mumbled something of old curses and necromancy. Glia could feel the murderous energy emanating from this mans skin, a great find indeed and after a brief, albeit completely drunk discussion the man is convinced to join the team as an apothecary. He reveals his name to be Saltrock Pete, a once proud ship cook, skilled with a cleaver and seasoning Pete lost a good few of his marbles after staring deeply into an arcane tome someone left in place of his usual dog eared cook book. Instilled with a bizarre arcane presence he himself doesn't understand Pete is sure to make a fine, if clumsy, addition to the team.
A pic of a rudimentary team sheet after game two before I finished off all the player names=

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Ghrond Gazells! (now with added fluff)

Post by inkpwn »

Summoned through dark, evil rituals Podfrey rose from the dark cold night, oh and he also brought some silly demon things with him.
Not much to say about this game, it was hard fought as the Khorne demons lived up to their gods promises and brought a fair amount of blood shed to the pitch though no truly serious injury's were sustained.
The game ended 1-2, so while the Gazelles could be disappointed with the lose a firm handshake was exchanged between the coaches and a friendship formed, I mean how could it not be? Murder worshiping mad women and vicious blood demons? It's a match made in heav... well you get the idea.
+40k
#5 completion, #3 casualty, #8 completion, #9 casualty, #1 touchdown and completion, Grizelda was awarded MVP, most likely for her flirting with the commentators.
(yes I used my Underworld teams to represent my Delves)

A later game was played against Rubicks Dwarves (seriously people, I need team names!), a bloody, bloody match but a glorious 3-1 win for the Gazelles regardless!
Unfortunately though Mu'tak took a strong blow to the back and suffered -ST, while Saltrock Pete tried to save her he was unable and she was quickly put out of her glorious agony by a swift blow to the neck from Glia.
Mu'tak did score one touchdown before her demise but even that could not save her from her merciless coach. Anlore gained a boost to her agility but unfortunately she will miss the next game due to a sprain she gained while testing out her new found dodging prowess, P'eelo Fritake scored two touchdowns and filled with the true essence of Khaine, she gains mighty blow, a fine blessing indeed. Celro will also miss the next game another sprain and a large whip lash to the back from a disgruntled Glia. 60k was added to the bank and this was used to pay bail for P'eelo Fritake's bloody cousin, Moonlox Rekor. Moonlox will be joining the team and with her reputation as a vicious, frenzied madwoman is sure to bring some spice to the game.
The treasury now sits at 40k and Moonlox takes Mu'taks old jersey number as hers own in the hopes she will make up for Mu'taks mistakes.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Very cool. Love the turn/re-roll markers. ;-)
I always get stuck with sloppy seconds...

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Kilowog2814 wrote:Very cool. Love the turn/re-roll markers. ;-)
I always get stuck with sloppy seconds...
1) You like sloppy seconds
2) Sloppy seconds are better than none
3) and sometimes they can be fun LMAO

Awesome turn/score markers. You are one of a few people in the world that owns all three of those Both Down collectibles. Nice Fluffy blog, great work!

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

OGRES! OGRES! OGRES! Why did it have to be ogres?
The first sign that something was up was when turning up to the game Head Coach Loki of the Swamp Donkeys was seen coaching a juggling ogre! JUGGLING!
Two dark elf fans were plucked from stands, given tabards and forced to join in the fun, as was a blood wiser vendor, Khaine knows they would need it.
Pain, misery, both downs, these dominated the match. As a lone snotling wiggled across the line midway into the second half leaving us 1-0 and in a sticky situation, as the last two turns rolled around we planned to dedicate all available players to preforming a two turn touch, unfortunately a riot ate up the remaining minutes of the game and the clock ran out out before we could bring the match to a draw.
Moonlox was awarded MVP for her fine repeated attempts at eating live snotlings, Rub'ak and P'eelo being the only players that could lay managed to snap a snotling neck, a disappointing result for the blood loving players.

A +60k boon buys the team their third re-roll and empty's the treasury, but as the stand emptied many ripped up season passes were found in the stands, the Gazzels lose one factor, and with good reason.

fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

inkpwn wrote:...but as the stand emptied many ripped up season passes were found in the stands, the Gazzels lose one factor, and with good reason.
+1 Fluff, keep it going

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015