My gnomes going to a tournament on August 1: Fluff/background:
Gnome-MadZ Team profile:
The Gnome-MadZ and their air-fouling death machines are some of the more fearsome stunties to ever take the Blood Bowl pitch. A group of formerly peaceful gnomes had their enchanted forest uprooted by a brigade of trolls, and then the orcs used the lumber and open space to build a new Blood Bowl pitch. The few gnomes scurried to safety and were only able to salvage one tome from their great library--the Mechrognomeicon!
With anger--and the ancient knowledge of the Mechrognomeicon, the Gnome-MadZ--now homeless wanderers vowed revenge on the entire sport of Blood Bowl, all orcs especially and even NUFFLE himself! The gnomes, knowing they were not sufficient to the task by themselves, constructed their steam-spewing magically contolled contraptions with ancient knowledge gleaned from the dusty pages of their now sacred tome. They take the pitch with their infamous machines of destruction and their mighty words of power, “Klaatu barada nikto”. Even though the machines can be unreliable, needing to cool down on occasion, they are still the bane of any who take the pitch against these crafty bearded stunties.
The Gnome-MadZ have now been travelling the Blood Bowl circuit for a few years and have made quite the name for themselves. Even decimating orc teams down to the last troll, they have come to love the sport that gave them such hate. Like wandering wraiths, they find both their pain and satisfaction in haunting and destroying the lives of other blood bowl players and teams.
1. The Gnomaggedon – has brought an end to many an orc single handedly.
2. The MetroGnome – know for it rhythmic pounding of enemies and constant need of maintenance.
3. The DestroctoGnome – has single-handily leveled small blood bowl arenas and entire teams of goblins with them
4. The AutoGnome – An almost unstoppable machine with a mind of its own that has been known to ignore its driver and destroy of its own accord.
5. The ThunderGnome – This machine was brought to life by a lightning strike and now thunders onto the pitch.
6. The AstroGnome – This machine makes block that leave it’s target seeing stars.
1. Gnome Juan Special – Currently a young gnome looking to make a gname for himself with the Gnome-MadZ.
2. Un Gnome – disowned by his peace loving parents he found a family with the Gnome-MadZ.
3. Abby Gnome Al - Something is just wrong with this gnome in the head.
4. Fee Gnome Al - Abby’s brother and one of the stars of the Gnome-Madz who still hasn’t earned the right or safety of piloting a machine…. Yet.
5. David – has vowed revenge for an orc eating his beloved pet, Swift the fox.
6. Gnomon – Spent too much time staring at the sun and has gone blind with rage.
7. Lawnnie – someone once mistook him for a ceramic gnome and he now wants revenge on all the big peoples of the oulde worlde.
8. Gourd-an – used to be a night watchman over a pumpkin patch until it was rolled over by a dwarven death roller.
Better images to come as I take some fresh pics and add the final contraptions/ogres.