Board index » Blood Bowl » Team Blogs

Post subject: Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Attachment:
LOGO COMPLETE-page-001.jpg
Imaginary dramatic music and Fluff background intro... :D

The Dwarf race has been playing Bloodbowl since its inception and those known as the 'Dawi-Zharr' or 'Fire-Dwarfs' are no different.

These dark-souled warriors long ago turned their backs on their kin of the World Edge Mountains whom they consider weak unadventurous cowards.

The Dawi-Zharr dared to travel beyond the Great Skull Land and into the Mountains of Mourn where they built (or rather their screaming slaves did) colossal cities of stone and forged great empires. From these mighty endevours they eye of the evil Bull-God Hashut the 'Father of Darkness' was caught, Hashut bestowed his Chaos 'blessings' on those mosty worthy, culminating in the mutation of bull and dwarf - the mighty Bull-Centaurs!

These chosen of Hashut never forgot their battle and blood lust for Bloodbowl and scoured the records of Nuffle to find a fitting homage to their dark lord Hashut. Low and behold a team known as the Texans wore the bull emblem, a perfect tribute!

Hobgoblins, Chaos-Dwarfs and even monstrous Minotaurs are now led by Bull-Centaurs Zlatan and Rykarth to form the most prominent of the Chaos-Dwarf teams...

Hashuts-Chosen Texans travel far and wide within the old world to find worthy Bloodbowl opponents (or rather victims) to quench their battle and blood lust and provide more sacrifices to the Father of Darkness.

Nuffle save us!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:18 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Team Focus...

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
7. Ghazak / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
9. Taarg / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull)
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull)

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV 990,000

Gold 10k

Last edited by LJCA on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:37 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Season overview...

Ill be competing in RBBL3 (Rotherham Bloodbowl League's 3rd season) along with 12 other coaches, a good mix of veterans and rookies alike as well as a very diverse roster line up... ill be up against 3 Skaven teams, Norse, Khorne, Chaos, 2 Elf-Union, 2 Human (one redrafted over from last season) and last but not least Nurgle.

That's 12 league games and potentially 12 'friendly' matches as the league set up allows us to play each team once in a friendly match, good chance to increase SPP but with a busy family/work life I don't know how many of these ill get to play tbh, ill just concentrate on the league.

Obvs the top 4 fight it out in the playoffs for the overall Bloodbowl title as usual but the remainder will then enter the Shitman Cup... a tournament we created to keep the lower order interested till the end of the season.

We're using DZ2 for the first time, whether that's a good thing only time will tell, I have reservations about the potential income that can be generated being unbalancing for the league, but we'll see, its what our members asked for so we're going for it.

My first match is against an Elf-Union team so im hoping my starting block skills and my opponents AV7 will counter act the Elves' obvs AG advantage over me... tune it to find out!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Game 1

Texans 2 Vs 0 Elf Preservation Society (Elf Union)

From the smallest acorn groweth the mightiest oak...

Itd been a good few weeks since my last game of BB so I was really looking forward to this game! Must admit I did fancy my chances against a mostly AV7 team, especially with 6 Chorfs and their starting Block skills, I knew my opponent well as ive competed against him in the last 2 RBBL campaigns, hes a good lad but maybe lacking in concentration... lol

Anyway, back to the game, I chose to receive after winning the toss and after my BC caught a bouncing ball straight from the kick off I did wonder if this was to be the start of an interesting first half, however...
Despite many an Elf hitting the deck and even a couple being KOd I couldn't manage 1 single casualty, with the Elves content to concede ground dodge by dodge my predictable it not flamboyant cage tactic used its the advantage in numbers to score on turn 8, a predictable if not flamboyant 1-0 scoreline at halftime.

After a stint with HElves last season I was aware of Elf ball-movement potential and even though ill admit to being a better defensive than offensive coach I did expect a pretty quick equaliser from EPS. As luck (or good defensive play) had it the Elves were frustrated in their play and a somewhat rash turn 12 longbomb failed and yet again an AG2 Texan (Chorf this time) simply caught the bouncing ball with ease.

3 line Elves and 1 Hobbo hit the KOd box and this allowed numerical superiority as well as aggressive basing and blitzing from the Texans to cage up once more and score a turn 16 TD with Hobbo Skarfrik, albeit with a nervous reroll after failing the GFI! :D

The only CAS in the game game from the Journeyman Elf tripping over his own feet in a dodge, which was a little disappointing from my part as id hoped for more SPP, still a wins a win so cant complain.

Last edited by LJCA on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Team Focus update...

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
7. Ghazak / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands) - 8 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull) - 3 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull)

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV 1020,000

Gold 80k

Board index » Blood Bowl » Team Blogs