Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story

Post by LJCA »

rolo wrote:Really? A 2300+ TV Chaos team playing against 1300-1400 and a few rookie-ish teams?

Someone doesn't really believe in fair play ;)

To be fair that Chaos team is fresh this season, the coach has been incredibly lucky with sponsorships from DZ2, raking in over 120k a match, been like that from game 6 I think. Hes got star players rostered and 6 RRs so even taking a Chef in inducements doesn't harm his chances.

We wont be using DZ2 sponsorships next season...

Reason: ''
LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 9

Texans 0 Vs 2 Now Rats What I Call Music (Skaven)

I can hit... but cant score it seems...

I never expected this game to be easy, this Skaven team are the form side in the league winning their last 5 games after a rough start, but, after last weeks poor show I was keen to get back into it.

I was 50k down in TV, I fancied using the Horatio X wizard so I added 30k from my treasury and bought myself a fireball! (it achieved nothing)

Well, the Skaven scored on turn 2 after receiving with some neat Gutter-runner play but I was more than happy to have 6 turns to cage up, smash my way through the lineman and equalise... well I caged up, smashed the lineman and a GR but when it came to equalising ive no dice 'luck' atm, the first opportunity came on turn 7, simple hand off to a BC who was unmarked, only need 1 GFI to score... failed the first 4+ and then the RR! :-? Turn 8 gave me another opportunity to score, harder this time though Hobbo Skarfrik needed a 4+ pick up, 3+ dodge, 5+ pass to the other BC waiting on the endzone, he got the 4+ pick up, the 3+ dodge even the 5+ pass without using a RR... the BC failed the 4+ catch and then failed the 4+ RR! gimme a break!

The 2nd half saw the Texans smash through the Skaven scoring 5 CAS's along the way, set up the equalising play with only a 3+ dodge with a Hobbo after a ST6 ROgre with 'Break-tackle' bulldozed his way into the cage, the 3+ came...FAIL... RR... FAIL AGAIN!! :?: As if things couldn't get worse a lone GR dodged in picked up the ball and ran off into relatively safety as the Chorf defence couldn't match his MA, eventually the GR ran in the ball to score the his teams 2nd TD for a 2-0 win.

In a weird way I enjoyed the game, my blocking play was bang on, but those 4+ 3+ with RR fails were ridiculously unlucky. Oh well, 3 days to go till my next game against Khorne with 480TV on me :D

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Guard) - 9 SPP
2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 3-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 2 SPP
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 9 SPP
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 13 SPP
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 4 SPP
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Guard) - 9 SPP
7. Ghengiz / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 3 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 24 SPP
9. Taarg / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 2 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 15 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 15 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner,Frenzy,Horns,MB,Thick Skull,Wild Animal,Juggernaut,Block) - 20 SPP

4x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 156,000

FF = 7

Gold = 20k

Fired the 0 SPP Hobbo before the game with my TV in mind, don't seem to lose players so 12 seems enough, bought another RR to move upto 4, may be a bad move as I was saving the gold incase I lost a positional but 3 just isn't enough with the BCs ( for me and my dice anyway haha ).

Another 'Guard' Chorf now with the MVP but its also 3 times in a row that ive put both up for the MVP only to see the 3rd choice get it, theyre both on 15 SPP, just 1 more!!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Next game is against the Beserkers who have nearly 500k TV inducements but only 9 players, so I expect to see some nasty Chaos Star players... its a must win though if im gna get into the top 4!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 10

Texans 1 Vs 1 Dragonback Beserkers (Khorne)

Im still in with a shout... just...

The Beserkers coach is a big name in Bloodbowl (round our way anyway) so he knows his stuff, hes not managed to play as much as hed like this hence his TV was 580k down on me, so for the first time in my Bloodbowl career I faced the mighty 'Morg & Thorg'! Oh and a Block-Claw-MB-Juggernaut Bloodthirster...

The Beserkers won the toss and elected to receive, which I was dreading with claw. A -1 for passing on the weather ( I forget what the result is called now lol ) also gave an extra thing to think about.

As it turned out the 1st half wasn't blessed with many highlights, lots of blocking from the Chorfs who KOd a few but caused no CAS, Morg didn't do much and neither did the Mino, late on the Bloodthirster made his presence felt with claw and MB killing a Chorf! A gap opened up for the Khorne boys to run in a turn 7 TD. A high kick allowed a Chorf to show off his ball handling skills before halftime tho as he completed the catch from the kick off 5+, then threw a quick pass 5+ and the Hobbo caught with ease! my first COMP of the season!

The second half saw more of the same with many a Berserker being KOd but no real breakthrough until the Bloodthirster rolled double skulls with no rerolls left for the Beserkers! The subsequent dice rolls saw his armour broken and a Badly Hurt result so he was gone! A Hobbo then ran in to take a free ball and couldn't be stopped scoring a turn 7 equaliser and level up!

All in all it wasn't a match bleesed with many highlights, more of a bash fest where no team really got the upperhand, we both just took the one chance to score we had. 1-1 fair result.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Guard) - 11 SPP
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 10 SPP
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 13 SPP
6. Grimdur / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
7. Ghengiz / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - (Wrestle) - 6 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 24 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 15 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block, Break-Tackle) - 20 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner,Frenzy,Horns,MB,Thick Skull,Wild Animal,Juggernaut,Block) - 20 SPP

4x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 159,000

FF = 8

Gold = 10k

Bought myself a fresh Chorf after number 6 (straight after getting guard!) was killed, Hobbo skills up with Wrestle, could be useful against my next 2 opponents who very block heavy, and last but not least a BC levels up and gets Break-tackle! yay!

My next League isn't for a while so I may fit in a couple of friendlies, hopefully try and boost SPP where needed.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Next game is winner takes all! Texans Vs 69ers is a must win for both teams if they want to make the playoffs, not gna get to play that game for a while so hopefully get a couple of friendlies in to keep me busy!

Then last game of the league campaign is against the league leaders! easy! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Friendly match

Texans 2 Vs 2 Tiranoc Termites (Elf Union)

A time killer that took its time...

The Texans Playoff decider against the 69ers is still over a week away so I thought id take the risk and get in a friendly match to keep the skills 'sharp' :wink: , my sole aim was to not lose any players for the upcoming big game but if I could level up a couple of players too that would be a bonus.

As it turned out there wasn't 1 single CAS in the game! a few KOd elves but that was it.

TDs didn't disappoint tho as the Texans scored two typical long cage grinds and the Elves dis what Elves do and put their AG to good use.

The real positive was Bull levelling up after a wayward kick off gave him the ball, if idve attempted to pass him the ball idve had no chance! :lol:

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Guard) - 11 SPP
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 10 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 27 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block, Frenzy) - 18 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block, Break-Tackle) - 20 SPP

3x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 153,000

FF = 7

Gold = 30k

Both BCS are now levelled up with their second skills, one with Break-Tackle for the added mobility my team needs but the other now has frenzy, now I have 2 surfing threats along with the Mino, but at least one can be relatively reliable.

Ive dropped a RR to take my TV 80k below my next oppoenents', hopefully Horatio X can work his fireball magic and flatten a few Nurgle Warriors in my next game!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 11

Texans 0 Vs 2 San Fransicksco 69'ers (Nurgle)

Its all gone wrong...

THE big game of the season, winner takes all game to enter the Playoffs (realistically) and the Texans just didn't show up! Scored 1 CAS all game, that was the only SPP I gained by killing a rotter...

Skarfrik, my TD go to guy had a chance to to take the lead turn 6 in the 1st half, the move involved a decision to make tho, he needed 2 GFIs to score but was in a TZ, either dodge on a 3+ (with a RR to use) or use a 1D block against the marker... I went for the 1D which of course (damn you Nuffle!) went sour so I had to use my RR, which left my trusty Hobbo 2 GFis to score without the RR I was hoping to save... first GFI... 5!... second GFI to score and take the lead!... 1... :?:
To make matters worse the subsequent two turns saw the 69ers Pestigors pick up the ball, hand if off, throw it, catch it and run in a turn 8 TD to lead 1-0 at halftime, tho I received in the 1st half so they would receive in the 2nd.

Nothing of note happened in the 2nd half to be honest, a mid table Block fest went off, my Chorfs held their own for most of the half against the ST4 Warriors but the Mino got Surfed after Sufring a couple of Pestigors and without his added ST the fight eventually went Nurgles way and another Pestigor ran in a 2nd late on.

All in all I was outplayed by a good coach whose ST advantage caused me problems I couldn't fix.

The Chorfs are a very good hitting team, and when that pays off you can use the advantage in numbers to allow your slower players to move up the pitch and support or score, some people say the Bulls are the best TD scorers, which ill agree they are if you can feed them the ball, unfortunately when it counted I failed too many 4+ rolls, I have enjoyed playing the Texans tho, just think my skill level isn't quite up there just yet to make the most out of them.

Still have a slim (very slim) chance of making the Playoffs, but in my last League game ill have to beat the League leaders by 3 to stand a chance... we'll give a good go anyway!! :lol:

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 15 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 7-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 32 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block, Frenzy) - 18 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner,Frenzy,Horns,MB,Thick Skull,Wild Animal,Juggernaut,Block) - 20 SPP (MNG)

3x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 135,000 (Mino MNG)

FF = 7

Gold = 70k

I know, I know... ive levelled up Hobbo Skarfrik 3 times and that's crazy given that hes a Hobbo, but hes been my Star player this season (apart from failing a GFI to score in the biggest game of the season ha) so I put him alongside 2 Chorfs for the MVP and guess what... he got it! +1 MA, maybe he wont need a GFI next time, in his last game... lol

Tzalaran
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tzalaran »

a rough result, and it is doubly hard when there was so much riding on the outcome. Don't get too down on your coaching abilities, the slower teams seem to take a bit longer to get the feel of (and develop properly) than the fast scoring machine teams, so just take the learning curve as it comes and keep grinding.

Here's to nuffle smiling upon you and shatting on your opponent in the next match! :lol: