Blood Bowl Team Manager - The Card Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

pixelgeek
Father of TTGN

Re: Blood Bowl Team Manager - The Card Game

Post by pixelgeek »

We've been playing is every week at our Blood Bowl game day and it's been an incredible amount of fun.

Your ability to win really depends on what team upgrades you get. All the games we have played have been quite different and a lot of fun.

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Had the game awhile and finally played it today!

Random draw with me playing Skaven (never happen in TTBB); Aahz playing Humans; and D playing Dwarves.... Whether intentional in the game, or not, we each took a different path to victory: I concentrated on Fans and tournaments, winning each, including the Blood Bowl.... I also drew, from my few upgrades, a handful of "after the game" cards that dealt in fan increase.... During the game a most helpful card (sewer) let me win matchups that weren't apparent.... Regretfully I only got three Skaven star players and two freebooters the whole game... and the Eshin Assassination card really helped in overmatched matchups.... Humans went star player crazy and had an upgrade that treated ALL stars as freebooters... so he was playing nearly all stars at the end... he also had two apothecaries and a wizard by the end of play.... The Dwarves concentrated on upgrades early and capitalized on their great players... often getting points even when on the ground.... I had to start tackling players on the ground (when I could) in an attempt to injure them (basically a foul without the opportunity to be sent off).... (Most Skaven have the DP/cheat symbol, so it's hard to guarantee anything when you get so many players with the chance to be ejected....) The Dwarf also had a wizard and a massive coaching staff with two offensive coordinators making it easy for him to get the ball (worth an extra two points in the matchup)....

End game (and I missed a few points from one of my cards): Skaven 42; Dwarves 40; Humans 35... so a fairly close game.... Morg-n-thorg even made an appearence for the humans... but fouled out!

A question on the Eshin Assassination card: Is it usable on players that "cannot be tackled"? We ruled "no", but it made the Dwarven Runners and some stars nearly unassailable....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

I've had it, got one full game in with 4 coaches and one with 3, hard enough to get blood bowl going in Vegas, but I like the game.

Interested in the expansion pack coming also.. undead, vamps and dark elves.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Daht wrote:...hard enough to get blood bowl going in Vegas....
Eh, really? I thought you guys had a Quake tourney just recently.... Have you spoke/contacted Daloonieshaman?

I went back over the rules last night and found some little nits-n-picks that didn't seem to matter much to an enjoyable game.... We will definitely continue to play as the flavor of BB, without the inherent gw mismatched powering of teams, is spot on for us!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

Digger Goreman wrote:
Daht wrote:...hard enough to get blood bowl going in Vegas....
Eh, really? I thought you guys had a Quake tourney just recently.... Have you spoke/contacted Daloonieshaman?

I went back over the rules last night and found some little nits-n-picks that didn't seem to matter much to an enjoyable game.... We will definitely continue to play as the flavor of BB, without the inherent gw mismatched powering of teams, is spot on for us!

We had the quake, and the NATC is coming, but regular league play is quite low. 3 regular coaches with 2 very part timers. Vegas is a tough town to get traction in. Not a big nerdgame town, no outlying suburbs, more people work odd shift hours, lots of folks moving in or out (more out the last few years with the housing and unemployment). Working on recruiting after the chaos cup tho.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

kadu-c wrote:The first expansion is on the way: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... ?eidn=3523
Long delayed, but looks like it should be out at the end of the month:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm.asp?eidm=163

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

I can't wait to get this.

"Never trust the Manlings."
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Reckon I'll have to learn how to play the card game then pester the missus to get the expansion

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Looks to be in (some) online stores now :P

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Sudden Death. Got it. Looks interesting. Lining up a game or seven next week! :-)

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Got mine today, have to agree with Bum Monkey, looks really good.

Will have to play it ASAP to try it out. The new teams and rules look very interesting.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Was thinking on what teams they might do for the next expansion (if they do one, which would probably be a couple years away if they do). Each new division has a team to it (ie, similar sort of teams so they can use star players from all 3 teams in the division). Right now there is an old world division with "good guy" teams, Human, Wood Elf, and Dwarf; and a "chaotic" division with Chaos, Skaven, and Orcs. The expansion has the "evil, hates everyone else" type teams, that include Undead, Vampires, and Dark Elves.
I was thinking that they would be due for a division of teams that were more "good" or neutral themed and the only thing I could come up with was a New World or Lustria division with Amazon, Lizardman, and Norse (though Norse would fit with Amazon and the 'zons would fit with the Lizzies, not sure if the Norse and Lizzies would mix well). Zara might be a good star player to add to this division (possibly as a freebooter) as she could have special abilities to use when matched up against undead type teams from this latest expansion.
I'm pretty sure you won't see any non-official teams such as Slann, as FFG needs GW's approval (so I doubt you'd ever see Choas pact or Underworld teams either). I also don't see them doing expansions with teams that are similar to ones that have already been released (so no HE's or pro elves, or Nurgle, Necros or Khemri).
A stunty division might be a fun idea ('flings, gobbos, and Ogres/snots), but the problem is that you would'nt be able to mix the star players, so would really work for this game. Kinda leaves Chaos Dwarves without any other teams to form a division with.
Anyway, just some thoughts. As I said, if they even do another expansion, it'll be at least another couple of years away. Though I hope that if they do one, they'll include a couple of fan factor score counters with options for a six player variant.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Just got this in stock, looks good. Listed at a usual mark down price, for anyone who wants a copy check out here:

http://tritex-games.co.uk/store/product.php?id=6761

Happy shopping :P

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Was able to play a couple of games over the weekend and got to play the Undead and Vamps and played against the DE's played by differernt coaches. All three teams have great BB flavour to them and work well. The Vamps (as in TT BB) need a bit more strategy to play as you need to play things right to get the best effect from the Blooodlust and Always Hungry attributes. The enchanted balls also made the games a little more interesting as well.

All in all, would highly recommend it.

GO STAMPEDERS!