Blood Bowl Team Manager - The Card Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl Team Manager - The Card Game

Post by nazgob »

LCGs have no rare chasing to worry about, insuring that games are determined by a player’s deck building skills and play strategies, rather than by who spent the most money in pursuit of those hard to find ultra rare chase cards. The fixed format insures that every player has equal access to any card he or she would need to build a deck.
So every card is equal and perfectly balanced then? :lol:

I do like the idea though.

*signs up for newsletter*

Reason: ''
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Argh! This is the most deflating non-real life news I've heard in ages.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
What is your excuse for not trying Elfball? - http://www.elfball.org
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

LCG means there will release new cards for the game. they way FFG have done warhammer invasion is to release box sets of about 40 odd cards, but each box has the same cards in them. So this way you don't have to pay out lots for one card, just get the box set with that card in it. As it's an LCG any card that are to powerful they will trump with a new card.

FFG don't really get much wrong, I just hope this continues!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And if they get it right, and this sells, perhaps it will be a hint for them to try and get "real" BB.

Question though (and I know the info was/is sparce) - would you need each player to buy a starter deck each, or would a starter set allow more than one player?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

FFG wrote:Choose one of six unique factions: Humans, Dwarfs, Wood Elves, Orcs, Skaven, or Chaos
No temptation there... that being a good thing for me as I'm inclined to sit back and see the reviews and maybe someone else's purchases before losing my iron grip on my wallet....

On the positive side... it could be the Starfleet Empires of Blood Bowl....

Time will tell....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

factions
Fail.

Why couldnt they be called teams/races?

JDub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JDub »

FFG turned all their CCGs into LCGs. The last two CCGs they had that they didn't switch over to LCGs they canceled about 8 months ago. So I highly doubt this will be a CCG format game, it seems like they moved away from that type of thing completely. If it was going to be a LCG they probably would have said so, I'm guessing it's more of a one time purchase thing like a box set where you get everything you need in it.

EDIT: They added it to their Board Game section of their forums, so I think that should answer what kind of format this game will be sold.

Blood Bowl for your ears!
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I don't know anything about these sort of card games.

Does this mean we'll get a whole bunch of cool drawing like the Sabretooth Horus Heresy cards a few years back?

I don't really fancy playing the card game but some new BB artwork would be really welcome.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

Darkson wrote:And if they get it right, and this sells, perhaps it will be a hint for them to try and get "real" BB.

Question though (and I know the info was/is sparce) - would you need each player to buy a starter deck each, or would a starter set allow more than one player?
It says the game is for 2-4 players, so i guess the starter pack will be for 2 players.

I can't find any info on the starter teams?

If it's done like Warhammer Invasion then other teams will be out in new card waves.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

spubbbba wrote:Does this mean we'll get a whole bunch of cool drawing like the Sabretooth Horus Heresy cards a few years back?
Hopefully. This game doesn't sound very interesting, but at least we'll finally get some new BB artwork.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Well, unless it gets lousy reviews I'm definately buying this!

...probably even if it does get lousy reviews; just for the novelty...

Praise Nuffle!
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

They are looking for ideas for team names, http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/blood ... m-manager/

Could be a good chance to have your league teams team up in lights.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Talking to FFG now about having the game in our store from day 1 .... sounds promising based on talking to them face to face at GenCon. Will keep you updated.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Like the idea, signed up and everything but why is there so much blood bowl merch (card game, book, video game) but so little support for the real game con-sarn it! :evil:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Talking to FFG now about having the game in our store from day 1 .... sounds promising based on talking to them face to face at GenCon. Will keep you updated.

Galak
We are signed up to have the game from first release.

Tom