New "bowl" box by years end AKA Dreadball

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New "bowl" box by years end

Post by MattDakka »

Hi Stew! :D
How many teams will Dreadball feature?
4 is not a great variety, are more teams planned for the future?

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

MattDakka wrote: How many teams will Dreadball feature?
4 is not a great variety, are more teams planned for the future?
Well their sci-fi game Warpath only has those 4 races at the moment but 4 more have been mentioned. Space Elves, space zombies, bugs and a star trek like collective of humans and aliens. Hopefully if the game is a success they will add those other races as well. I'm sure they could do variants too, kind of like when we got pro elfs and necros from high elves and undead.

Nice to see they've smashed the kickstarter target so quickly so I'm looking forward to seeing detailed picks of what the dwarfs and space skaven look like as well as models of the star players.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Shteve0 »

cudasquarius wrote: From the Manticblog

but Jake and James have so much more planned – in ‘Dreadball- Season 2′ Jake has further ideas to develop tournament play, he wants to include rules for coaches, cheerleaders, some MVP greats, even four more teams, including an all-female team – all of which we desperately want to get sculpted! He even has thoughts about “Xtreme” and “Ultimate” versions of the game (with something about multi-hex robots…).

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

YEAH! Other guy version in da house!!

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

With chaos cup in 2 weeks I gotta see where I'm at in a month but tempted to pitch in for this. Worst case scenario is interesting new models, looks like a fast play game.

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Hi guys, it's great to see the conversation going, and thanks for the welcome Tom. I did wonder if I'd see you around :p.

There will indeed be many more teams in the future. How far in the future really depends on the success of this Kickstarter - the more funding we get, the more we can get concepted, sculpted and tooled over the next 6-9 months. We have some absolutely incredible things planned, so keep following the Kickstarter!

Now I know that lots of people were interested in seeing how the game plays before pledging. While we haven't quite finished our gameplay update yet, one of the game's designers has been posting over on Board Game Geek and has gone into quite some detail about the way the mechanics work. Here's a link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/846814/ ... e-i-pledge

Hopefully this should give you enough information to get your pledge locked in. If not, feel free to ask James a question and he'll tell you what you need to know.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

New team up. Humans and Orcs in the boxed set upped to 10 minis each, with the new two customisable.

My personal feedback - $80 for four teams would be a massive "yes", but $160 for four... not so much. Added drawback is that without being able to purchase 12-16 without buying two boxes, $320 for four teams is not good enough value for me. Sorry.

A four team, 12 players in each option at $160 (bearing in mind most are not poseable) is likely to be my tipping point. The first two stretch goals got me no nearer to that ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

voyagers_uk wrote:YEAH! Other guy version in da house!!
and i'm a backer. :)

Look forward to getting those Forge Fathers painted up and ready for some Space Bowl.

ImageImage
Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Shteve0 wrote:My personal feedback - $80 for four teams would be a massive "yes", but $160 for four... not so much. Added drawback is that without being able to purchase 12-16 without buying two boxes, $320 for four teams is not good enough value for me. Sorry.
It's not quite like that - The $150 deal will get you four teams of 10 players, as well as their MVPs, taking the teams to 11. In DreadBall, the maximum in a team is 14, with 6 on the pitch at any one time, so with a team of 11 you've still got 3 places to fill with other MVPs and "Free Agents" which are random additional players (from any race, so you could have a human in your Forge Father team) assigned to help out the underdogs in a league. 11 is more than enough to use in a game (you'd have to have 5 sent off or injured before it affected you)

Of course, there may be goals throwing in a few more figures later anyway... ;-).

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Shteve0 wrote:Image

New team up. Humans and Orcs in the boxed set upped to 10 minis each, with the new two customisable.

My personal feedback - $80 for four teams would be a massive "yes", but $160 for four... not so much. Added drawback is that without being able to purchase 12-16 without buying two boxes, $320 for four teams is not good enough value for me. Sorry.

A four team, 12 players in each option at $160 (bearing in mind most are not poseable) is likely to be my tipping point. The first two stretch goals got me no nearer to that ;)
Oh look, more dwarves...in space... woop! :puke:
Just hope there not so flippin broken

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

I Like the look of the Forge Fathers for use as Chaos Dwarves!! :-)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Any photo of those short dudes near other short dudes by Mantic? Or at least, confirmation that the circle base is the same than the one used in KoW 20mm bases.

The idea of CDwarfs sounds great. Or some slots for Dwarfs (TrollSlayer, Silence of the Lambs style). But after KoW (Hobbit) Berserkers... photos first! :)

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

It does look like so far they know the box contents and the 'targets' simply move you towards what you would have found in the shops anyway! So yes, I suspect the teams will get a bit bigger...

I think if that is their bases I would rebase to hex's to match the board.

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

On Boardgamegeek they talked about one of the KS goals being Hex bases possiably.

I would love to see detail shots of the board and what everything means on the board.

The game looks great and the more I see posted by the designers the more I like the game. Now we just need that game play video.

Cheers,
Robert

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler