DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

Post by daloonieshaman »

DROLL!!!

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
AdvanceOp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdvanceOp »

I'd just like to see season 1 and 2 fleshed out before we move on to bigger things. There still 2-3 months before I get to play the basic game.

Alternate models for all 8 teams. Anything else we haven't got that's on the rulebook(s).

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

AdvanceOp wrote:I'd just like to see season 1 and 2 fleshed out before we move on to bigger things. There still 2-3 months before I get to play the basic game.

Alternate models for all 8 teams. Anything else we haven't got that's on the rulebook(s).
Point
how about another Ref variant (a non humanoid) Gelatinous, Canine, or sum such at the 415k-425k level

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

AdvanceOp wrote:I'd just like to see season 1 and 2 fleshed out before we move on to bigger things.
+1

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

AdvanceOp wrote:I'd just like to see season 1 and 2 fleshed out before we move on to bigger things. There still 2-3 months before I get to play the basic game.

We're of exactly the same opinion, hence the current stretch goal to create more Forge Father poses and prone figures. We'll be doing the same for the other Season 1 and 2 teams shortly :).

We're also currently getting an Alien Ref concepted - look out for it next week!

Please visit the DreadBall Kickstarter!
irishdave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by irishdave »

wow, how did i miss that concept sketch?! That looks great, i thought the mangled goblin looked fab but this is quality.

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I'd like to see web support for leagues that is, at a minimum, the same standard as the stuff you see at http://www.brisbane.bloodbowlleague.com or http://www.arosbb.dk

I would really like to get a proper league fired up, and this kind of web support would be a BIG help! (and a few major leagues will fire up wider support = sales)

It'd be bloody cool to be able to access all the other DBs out there (say, if Mantic holds all the league DBs at their farm) and then you could see who is the best of the best of the Orx (for example)

Better again, link the coach stats to the profile... Kinda like having a NAF ranking!

I wonder...
If Mantic gets this kind of thing up and running, what stats will a player track? (and by extension, what stats will the gamer need to record?)

3 & 4 point strikes (furthest zone - does it have a specific name?)
1 & 2 point strikes (nearest two zones - do they have names?)
Missed strikes (to build an average)
Bone crunching Slams (casualties?)
Lethal Slams
PiPs (Penalties in Play - so we can see who the dirtiest players/coaches are)

Anything else???
Recording Passes seems a little redundant in such a fast paced game... No interceptions...

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
AdvanceOp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdvanceOp »

Stew wrote:We're of exactly the same opinion, hence the current stretch goal to create more Forge Father poses and prone figures. We'll be doing the same for the other Season 1 and 2 teams shortly :).
Well I hope you guys have got your predictions right because Asterians are neither season 1 or 2 IIRC.

BTW: the cheerleader concepts are Awesome!

They have to be the most futuristic, visionary thing I've seen for Dreadball since Robots! I really really hope they make it in because I would have picked up those just for the models I'd they come close to the concept art.

Really hope you guys raise enough to release at least three poses. I can see myself having a cheer squad almost as big as a team :)

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

AdvanceOp wrote:Well I hope you guys have got your predictions right because Asterians are neither season 1 or 2 IIRC.
They're not predictions, they're guarantees! :). We're throwing in the fun stuff like new teams now because the more exciting stuff will attract more people to help us out and push us further onwards. The alternate poses are things that we know are necessary, and we know are wanted, but they're not as exciting right now - they will be in there before the end!
AdvanceOp wrote:BTW: the cheerleader concepts are Awesome!

They have to be the most futuristic, visionary thing I've seen for Dreadball since Robots! I really really hope they make it in because I would have picked up those just for the models I'd they come close to the concept art.

Really hope you guys raise enough to release at least three poses. I can see myself having a cheer squad almost as big as a team :)
Really glad you like them :D. They are coming very soon, and will be released as a pack of four (all four poses from the concept art).

What do we think of the Asterians guys?

ImageImage

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Yea
DC comic super heroes

Serious let down following the great models thus far.

AdvanceOp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdvanceOp »

Stew wrote:Really glad you like them :D. They are coming very soon, and will be released as a pack of four (all four poses from the concept art).
Awesome.
Stew wrote:What do we think of the Asterians guys?
I haven't seen any rules that show me the differences between races (if indeed theres any out there) and this is what? A season 3 team? Doesn't actually say when the team rules will be released. So yeah, I understand the need to drag new people in, and it seems to be working, but it's not a team for me given I am already in for Season 1 everything, and a couple of season 2 teams and I haven't played the game yet, I'll be holding off for anything else... except cheerleaders :P

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

To anyone who wants to give the game a go - you've got rules, and now you've got stats:

http://quirkworthy.com/2012/09/22/dread ... in-detail/

You can also find a downloadable paper printout for the board on this page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/482512038434206/

Try it out, get your mates interested and get over to the Kickstarter :D

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I like the elves. Good to see someone move away from the zohan! I'm sick of hairspray teams!!! The elaborate Dreadball glove wins for me too

There are two distinct things missing from Dreadball....

1) body mods - I wanna see some cyborgs! Either a dedicated team, or a splinkling aroun the other teams.

2) sentient carnivorous plants - and I'm not talking toothy treemen

I have a few questions (above and beyond those I asked re: web support)

1) will the deluxe pitches be available after the Kickstarter or are they exclusive? Not sure I want to spend $80 bucks now, but definitely will if I can get a league cooking!

2) will the forge father 'additional sculpts' ship in December? If no, how will that effect the December delivery (will i need to buy them separately at a later date or will my striker pack ship with a few less dwarves or will I get the 14 original + a few more?)

3) can I get mine shipped first (can't bloody wait)

Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Oooh, another question...

How will you accomplish the "shifting" robots???

I'm thinking magnets! Just click on a few extra armour plates and presto! From striker to guard!!!

Or find me on YouTube!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Stew - could you host the pitch somewhere else, for those of us that don't us Stalkerbook (either at all, or no longer)?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.