DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

Post by Magictobe »

Are the MVP's all included that are listed on the striker or jack level?

Can I add all season 2 teams for 50$ then?

Cheers

Reason: ''
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

@magictobe
yes
yes

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

@bouf

1: Yes they will be available, but I can't promise that they'll be at these prices - they are significantly discounted as a launch price on the Kickstarter.

2: All of the additional sculpts will come in the second shipment next year, so you will get 10 models this year and 4 next year. You don't need to buy anything separately - basically everything that we haven't made yet will just come in a second package once it's done.

3: If only it were that simple! :P

Shifting Robots - not 100% sure yet, but it's most likely going to be alternate models, and you swap the whole thing. We considered alternate arms, but thought that it would be too fiddly during a game.

@Darkson

That pitch wasn't actually made by us, a fan put it together himself and hosted it on Facebook.

Please visit the DreadBall Kickstarter!
Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

And now the pitch is down.

mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

mrbrownesquire wrote:Image
I can put this up on my box.net site tonight if anyone wants to print one out.

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

daloonieshaman wrote:@magictobe
yes
yes
DAMN :pissed: !!! :wink: :lol:
That was not the answer I was looking for!!! I was hoping the answer was no and no so I had an excuse NOT to buy it.
Now the deal is getting nicer so I probably cannot resist anymore.

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game - last five days!

Post by Stew »

Well - we've hit 2,000 backers and the $440,000 mark! Just 75 Striker packages left as well - if you want one, I recommend getting it soonish otherwise you could be too late!

That means we've now funded...

The Asterian Team

Also, a team wouldn't be complete without an MVP!

Mellisandra - Asterian MVP

SinisterDexter
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game - last five days!

Post by SinisterDexter »

Stew wrote:Well - we've hit 2,000 backers and the $240,000 mark!
Stew, I can't help but notice that you guys seem to love the number 2. I've seen three seperate stretch goals now incorrectly labelled with a "2" at the start instead of a "3" or "4" (the recent Asterian team and MVP, for example, were originally listed as $225,000 and $240,000 instead of $425,000 and $440,000). It appears you've done it again above!

Don't you mean $440,000? :D

Great work though. I'm currently in for Striker and have been continually updating my pledge as new cool stuff emerges. I'm now at $299 to get all the teams plus some other stuff and will probably need to up this by a further $30 soon to get some cheerleaders. Very much looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on the game.

A quick question though, if I can. I will be moving location in January. Can I just get in touch with Mantic to update my send address between the two shipments or do I need to do something with Amazon?

SinDex Studio blog: http://sindexstudio.blogspot.com/
Roze El's Hall of Fame blog: http://rozeelhall.blogspot.com/
Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Don't know what you're on about... it looks fine to me... :P

Anyway, today we have had some seriously exciting news - BIG news in fact!

Officially Licensed Penny Arcade MVP

We’ve hooked up with the great guys at Penny Arcade to create one very special player - the officially licensed Jonathan “Gabe” Gabriel MVP!

When Jonathan "Gabe" Gabriel died on the pitch, smashed into a uniform paste by the legendary Buzzkill, it was assumed to be the end of his career. When a jockstrap rich in genetic material was discovered, he became the first crowdfunded resurrection by cloning.

We're so pleased to be able to put "Gabe" up on the main page where you can now add him on to your pledge. This amazing new figure is in incredibly limited supply – you will only be able to pick up this special edition model on the DreadBall Kickstarter and one or two other promotional events, and even then for a limited time only, so we recommend grabbing it whilst you can!

Thanks to Gabe, Tycho, Mike and everyone at Penny Arcade for their support - and thank you for supporting the DreadBall Kickstarter!

SinisterDexter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SinisterDexter »

Stew wrote:Don't know what you're on about... it looks fine to me... :P
Thank goodness for the 'edit' option! :)

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

$470,000 – Rico Van Dien, MVP

They say that Rico van Dien's good looks are his secret weapon, and for once, “they” could be right! The superstar Striker recently signed a massive sponsorship deal with VitaCarb Sports Supplements(tm), who will be using his face to launch their new line of Shakes(tm) and Grounders(tm). With the deal set to rake in megacredits by the truckload, the DGB has issued a general ban against hitting van Dien above the chest or below the waist. The Detonators were the first to fall foul of this new ruling, with high-striking Jack Flunk Shortspittle copping a lifetime ban after tripping over Rico's foot last weekend.

Rico is one of the famous characters from the DreadBall website – you asked for him, so here he is!

We’ve managed to increase the size of Season 2 book to feature 10 MVPs, making Rico definitively the last Season 2 MVP. If we hit this goal, you’ll allow us to fund the Rico Van Dien MVP – and include him free in Striker!

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Free Robot as DreadBall goes Ultimate!

The ultimate test of skill and tactics for any major-league coach, the colossal stadiums of Ultimate DreadBall reverberates with the screams and cheers of millions of fans. Hulking mechs and monstrous aliens are thrown onto the huge pitches to play ball and teams from all over the galaxy clamour to compete in the hope of winning the competition’s considerable prize.

Season 3 - DreadBall goes Ultimate!

Ultimate DreadBall is the second expansion to the core ruleset. In short – it’s more teams and more MVPs, rules for bigger arenas, 4 player options and Multi-hex giant Robots of awesomeness! Check out Jake’s fantastic post over on Quirkworthy for more details!

When we started this kickstarter creating Ultimate DreadBall seemed impossible – now it is within touching distance! With your help it’s going to happen!

At $500,000 – the Ultimate DreadBall Ruleset and Board become a reality. We'll chain Jake to his desk and get him to create the most advanced set of rules to challenge even the best coaches in the game.

If we reach this stretch goal we will be able to produce the DreadBall Ultimate Expansion Rulebook – and give you a digital copy in every pledge level!

Not only that, but we will be able to create a new DreadBall Ultimate pitch – a large mounted game board with brand new art – so you can play with 2 teams per side – or the ultimate 4 player game experience. Playtests will dictate the look, but we need the space for some multi-hex beasties and multiplayer games so it’s going to be big! This will go up in the Extras ready for you to add to your pledge.

BUT – we’re still not finished!

Back when we passed through the £380,000 stretch goal, we slept too long (shame on us!) and the stretch goal between Nightshade and Helder was bigger than normal. If we pass $500,000 the next few stretches will be to fund some multi-hex beasts and giant robots – originally all of these were planned as add-ons in the extras section.

To celebrate the $500,000 milestone (and rectify the ‘missing’ stretch goal) you’ll each be able to select one of the multi-hex beasties – and add it for free to a pledge of Striker! and up.

To make this happen however, we’re going to need a couple of BIG things …

DreadBall Mech – coming to a stretch goal soon!

AdvanceOp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdvanceOp »

Stew,

Question about the alternate pose models. I notice that the vermyn alternate poses don't ship until q2...sure enough when I checked back the same applied to forge fathers. I didn't check human and orx.

How will this work for striker deals shipping in December? Will we get the basic eight in December and the remaining six in Q2 2013?

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

The cheerleaders will be very nice if the shields (not just the skirts) are separate parts. Even more so if they come as transparent vacuum formed parts. But at least separate, so people can quickly form them if they want, and not have to cut and rebuild too many body areas.

Same for other models like the mech "spoon". Thanks. ;)

SinisterDexter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SinisterDexter »

AdvanceOp wrote:Stew,

Question about the alternate pose models. I notice that the vermyn alternate poses don't ship until q2...sure enough when I checked back the same applied to forge fathers. I didn't check human and orx.

How will this work for striker deals shipping in December? Will we get the basic eight in December and the remaining six in Q2 2013?
Stew wrote: 2: All of the additional sculpts will come in the second shipment next year, so you will get 10 models this year and 4 next year. You don't need to buy anything separately - basically everything that we haven't made yet will just come in a second package once it's done.