DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

javascrybe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

Post by javascrybe »

We play a bit "free-for-all"... we have players use their Blood Bowl figs (Lizardmen curiously make great Veer-Myn/ratmen), and the game is pretty fun (right about the cards and the ref, though... they're pretty essential). The only important thing is facing, which has to be crystal-clear.

Reason: ''
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

I ordered Kick-Off on Amazon (yes, from you guys at Tritek) and this sold it for me - http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... adium.html (and the fact i've found an actual, physical shop near me that also sells them too).

I don't have the money to buy that pitch or the full box yet (hence just Kick-Off for now), but from a modeling perspective, an MDF pitch, you can customize is right up my street and I bet people have come up with some great ideas (I have a few running round my head involving various colours of model Railway gravel).

I will try the game in the basic style shown in the 1st Dreadball Academy video on Youtube before deciding on getting Extra-Time because after watching the other 6 Dreadball Academy videos, it looks like it'll take alot of getting used to before adding cards/refs/fouls/MVP's etc...

Thanks for the suggestions guys and as a long term BB fan, i'm seeing alot more potential with this both from a gaming and modeling point.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Been pretty much the only game I've played in the last couple of months. Really enjoying it still. We're still finding rules that we're playing wrong (completely missed Showboat for example), and we've yet to use MVPs at all, nor league rules, but hopefully someone will start a league in the New Year (not me, I'm sticking to running the BB league).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

I hear alot of people have had trouble with the ball falling off the player bases in Dreadball.

Is this a big problem and if so would this be a good idea if the ball had metal glued under it - http://www.amazon.co.uk/25mm-Hex-Magnet ... 002PE9IJ8/ ?

javascrybe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by javascrybe »

I magnetized the bases for a bunch of my players (mostly robots to implement the "different roles" they can transform into), and by putting some metal filings "in" the base, they stick wonderously to the base.

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

I use a small piece of blu-Tac under the ball for both BB and Dreadball. Works great keeping the ball in place on player bases. Certainly easier than all that magnetizing, too.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Talarius wrote:I use a small piece of blu-Tac under the ball for both BB and Dreadball. Works great keeping the ball in place on player bases. Certainly easier than all that magnetizing, too.
I used to do the blu-tac trick with Blood Bowl before I flocked my bases, but looking around it seems Dreadball bases tend to remain black with the only detail being laser stripes on the edges, so I might try this with Dreadball.

Also i've been told the magnetic hex base idea I mentioned above won't work because it'll just repel the players when near each other (Yeah I never thought of that).

BTW the reason i'm looking at hex bases is because i've discovered that the Kick-off edition I ordered, doesn't come with hex bases and looking at an unboxing video on Youtube, the built-in round ones are small and cause the models to fall alot. Luckily though i've spotted this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-Plastic- ... B003E2XNUK which has more bases and is cheaper.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Mantic have just announced this for Dreadball - http://manticblog.com/2014/01/08/let-th ... our-begin/

...Suddenly I have a vision of a grassy flocked Quadrant Zero Stadium, lol!

BTW My Dreadball Kick Off has just arrived this Morning and at the moment everything has been undercoated.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Wow! That didn't take long to make the rounds. I just got the e-mail from the Dreadball Kickstarter announcing this.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Paid.... :roll: :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Sounds interesting...Galactic tour here we go :P

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

I am very tempted.... but 8 pound shipping on a 15 pound item... i don't know ... :evil:

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Just stumbled across this on Mantics website: http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... gures.html

Three questions here?

1) When did they get announced? (I must of missed it).

2) Are the rules for them in the series 3 rulebook?

3) What drugs were they taking when they came up with the 'hologram riding a mascot dinosaur' idea? :lol:

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

These were announced the day after the jungle themed MVP and Azure Forest rules variation. They are not in the season 3 rulebook. They were talked about during the Kickstarter, and the rules for them were released to the KS backers yesterday. Drug use is whatever Ronnie is normally on, could be anything.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Lychanthrope wrote:These were announced the day after the jungle themed MVP and Azure Forest rules variation. They are not in the season 3 rulebook. They were talked about during the Kickstarter, and the rules for them were released to the KS backers yesterday. Drug use is whatever Ronnie is normally on, could be anything.
Thanks and after watching a few Mantic videos with Mr Renton acting like he's a QVC salesman, I have to agree. :lol: