DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

Post by Darkson Designs »

My Season 3 stuff arrived last week. The package was missing about 10 miniatures emailed them last week and still no word back.

I have been told that Mantic has amaizing customer service but have yet to experience it. :/

Reason: ''
Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

Who did you contact? sarah.clark@manticgames.com is the current person to contact. I know they are buried right now with Dreadball, Deadzone, and Mars Attacks. I had a similar problem and they just got hold of me today.

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

Borthcollective wrote:Who did you contact? sarah.clark@manticgames.com is the current person to contact. I know they are buried right now with Dreadball, Deadzone, and Mars Attacks. I had a similar problem and they just got hold of me today.
Sarah was the person I emailed.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Got my season 3 stuff a week or two ago, but I have yet to inventory it. They've never made a mistake yet, but maybe I should do that soon. :)

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

Darkson Designs wrote:
Borthcollective wrote:Who did you contact? sarah.clark@manticgames.com is the current person to contact. I know they are buried right now with Dreadball, Deadzone, and Mars Attacks. I had a similar problem and they just got hold of me today.
Sarah was the person I emailed.
Hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Darkson Designs wrote:My Season 3 stuff arrived last week. The package was missing about 10 miniatures emailed them last week and still no word back.

I have been told that Mantic has amaizing customer service but have yet to experience it. :/
I got a 7 day delay on response.

Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

Got some missing arms and heads from season 1 with no problems, can't remember how long it took though.

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wow - seems I got lucky. Nothing missing at all for a Striker pledge.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
javascrybe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by javascrybe »

Darkson wrote:Wow - seems I got lucky. Nothing missing at all for a Striker pledge.
Same here. Even among the early recipients since I did not include additional S3 stuff.

Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

Statistics are still in the very early stages and subject to all manner of problems: http://db.chezalex.net/official-nosame.html

Still it is a bit interesting that the bottom teams are all jack reliant/ lack decent strikers.

Female 0.490
Z'zor 0.439
Zees 0.423
Orx and Goblins 0.384
Forge Fathers 0.393

Teratons come in at 0.568 but 75% of their wins are against Orx and Goblins and Zees.

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

We're still learning the game (though I'm loving it more and more).

Played 2 full games yesterday, Corp vs Forge.

First one ended 7-0 in turn 4! My Corp couldn't fail anything, though I was helped by a Ball Shatters card.
Return match was the opposite - couldn't pass anything, the Fathers passed pretty much everything. And yet it never got as frustrating as a bad game of BB can get, becuase I know one good turn could turn it all around.

Also finished off a game for a mate that had to leave. Managed to protect the lead he'd built up, but it was close. Winning 1-0 in the final turn, my opponent had left me with a Guard, so any score got him the win, but he failed the shot.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

What is this game like as i'm tempted to get the basic Kick-off edition to try it out.

I'm a long term Blood-Bowl/Warhammer fan and i'm not too sure about starting and learning a new game (hence why i'm looking at the Kick-off edition).

Also i'm tempted to use the models for Blood Bowl incase I don't like Dreadball, by converting them slightly: ie; add more armour and horns to one of the OrX Mauraders to use him as a Black Orc, use the other 2 OrX as blitzers and the Goblins as they are, then add 4 or more orcs (from any game) as linesman... hardly a tournament winning team, but still good for mess about/house games.

I've been checking out videos of Dreadball on Youtube and it looks alot of fun.

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

The Dreadball minis are smaller than Blood Bowl minis; in most cases they wouldn't transfer very well with the possible exception of the Dwarf (aka Forgefather) and Veer-Myn (aka Skaven) teams. In fact, the Veer-Myn might be larger than Skaven. Imho, the Dwarf team is the most easily used in Blood Bowl, the rest are either too small or too sci-fi.

I don't know the price difference between Kick-off and the regular version of the game, but I'd recommend getting the full version. A friend in my BB league got the Kick-off edition and wishes he'd gotten the full version. You'll miss out on the referee, cards (which are key), league rules... possibly fouling and MVPs? The ref can be used to block your opponent's path, the cards add to the game significantly, imho. Even though I haven't played in a league, I'm glad I have those rules (just in case!). Basically, I would think you'd want all that is removed from Kick-off.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Talarius wrote:The Dreadball minis are smaller than Blood Bowl minis; in most cases they wouldn't transfer very well with the possible exception of the Dwarf (aka Forgefather) and Veer-Myn (aka Skaven) teams. In fact, the Veer-Myn might be larger than Skaven. Imho, the Dwarf team is the most easily used in Blood Bowl, the rest are either too small or too sci-fi.

I don't know the price difference between Kick-off and the regular version of the game, but I'd recommend getting the full version. A friend in my BB league got the Kick-off edition and wishes he'd gotten the full version. You'll miss out on the referee, cards (which are key), league rules... possibly fouling and MVPs? The ref can be used to block your opponent's path, the cards add to the game significantly, imho. Even though I haven't played in a league, I'm glad I have those rules (just in case!). Basically, I would think you'd want all that is removed from Kick-off.
Thanks and the size difference (along with starting a new system in general) are the things that are putting me off.

I was thinking about getting the Kick-Off edition then get Extra time at a later date, but looking at the Beast of War 'Dreadball Academy' videos, I think the basic Kick-off game is perfect for in-house, mess about games because i'm not likely to bump into another Dreadball player round where I live (infact i've only found 1 physical shop that sells it, but alot online).

I think the models are great (especially the Forge Fathers) and I like the coaches and cheer leader models too, but again it's starting a whole new gaming system and I am not sure if I want to make the leap... no matter how tempting the game is.

BTW from what i've seen Kick-off is near enough half the price of the full game and if you were to buy Extra-Time (to get all the missing stuff from the main game) then it'll work out the same.

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

I would get the full version as its worth it for the extra bits that you will only end up paying more for later. Ironically the game box is the same size so you only have a lot more thin air in the Kick off version. Certainly in my experience we have sold 4 Deluxe for every set of Kick off we have sold.

We have had some teething problems with missing bits in cases but on the whole Mantic have been excellent at fixing these and we take responsibility t ensure customers get all the bits they pay for even if they come from our stock and we get replacements from Mantic at a lter date.

Given the amount they are shifting, (I can only guess its a load given how many were selling ourselves) its to be expected.

In the few months since we started selling Dreadball its far surpassing the amount of Blood Bowl miniatures were selling.

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk