Frozen Endzone

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Frozen Endzone

Post by dode74 »

PC (and other OS's?) game of futuristic fantasy football. Turn based but simultaneous. The trailer on the site can explain it better than I can: http://www.frozenendzone.com/

Out early next year, I think.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: Frozen Endzone

Post by voyagers_uk »

tron meets BB

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

friendzone.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
jecked
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jecked »

From the same people who made Frozen Synapse? Should be pretty good although with a slightly cumbersome interface.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Shteve0 wrote:friendzone.
That's what I read it as too. :lol:
It also reminds me of the atrocious Bomberman game for the Xbox 360.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Bomberman..?

Jeez, it was already old when it came out!

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Beta just started, $25 for 2 keys (which will work on Steam on release). Thoroughly enjoying it atm.

A basic game consists of 2 drives of 4 "plays" where you have to advance the ball to either the endzone (7 points) or one of several randomised points on the pitch (3 or 1 point). If the opponent gets the ball then your turn is over and he goes on offence. You have one offensive and one defensive drive, so you are either going to win 1-0, lose 1-0, or tie 1-1 or 0-0. My first online game was a 0-0.

There's a handball mode (currently in an alpha version) which I am yet to play, but is described as "quite a lot different from "Endzone" as it's a longer-form mode with interceptions and turnovers and end-to-end action." This looks very interesting indeed. The basic endzone will likely be a "quick fix" game, with Handball being a "full game" I suspect.

Stuff upcoming in Feb:
  • - Player stats including speed, blocking, strength, evade, resilience, burst, interception, catching, throwing stats
    - Edit your own team with player stats and challenge other people's teams online
    - Redesigned and polished Handball mode. Handball is quite a lot different from "Endzone" as it's a longer-form mode with interceptions and turnovers and end-to-end action. There is currently an alpha version of Handball in the beta
    - Easy-to-use playfield editor
    - Game mode editor
    - Timed turns
    - Loads of new tackle and celebration animations
    - Loads of bug fixes and little tweaks
Full version to include:
  • - Full single player campaign with an in-depth story
    - Customise your players with different armour and animations and a facial animation editor
    - Customise your "home stadium" with trophies, stadium furniture, special announcer voices, scoreboard graphics
    - Several more multiplayer game modes
It'll be released on Linux and OSX in Spring and iPad and PS4 later on. Nothing mentioned about Android (which it would be great on, I think), but they brought out Synapse on Android so I expect it'll happen eventually if this game takes off.