GuildBall

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: GuildBall

Post by garion »

well maybe I was a little stupid too then :P but i still dont approve of locking your pledge in place in with one click and not being able to go back.

But they contacted me last night and bumped me up to the 4 teams, 2 goals etc.... pledge so I'm all sorted now :D

Reason: ''
James Woodward
Rookie
Rookie

Post by James Woodward »

Played my first game yesterday. It seems like a lot of fun and I can see me having a dabble.

The figures are ferociously expensive, albeit lovely. Considering the rules are free to download and that you can play this with downloadable paper dollies (well, yes, obviously you'll just buy the figures), swings and roundabouts

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

My wife has been painting Guildball figures and the brewers look great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rick Sanchez lives!
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Those look great!

pressie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pressie »

Just while we wait for the new BB box, the Guild Ball box starter box is on its way...

Looks like a decent price too!

http://elementgames.co.uk/kick-off

http://tripleskull.blogspot.com/

Coach of the Liverpool Blood Bowl Eirie Downs League. Join our Facebook group to join the league.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1850859 ... oup_header
chigger254
Experienced
Experienced

Post by chigger254 »

Yup, I'm getting both the Blood Bowl and Guild Ball boxes. Considering what's included in the Guild Ball box and how much it would cost to buy all that stuff individually, it's a pretty great price. I'm actually working on getting my group into Guild Ball, because while we all love Blood Bowl we don't have enough people to form a league, and attempts at getting more people to play have failed.

Guild Ball seems like a game that works better with one-off games, while Blood Bowl isn't as good unless you're playing League rules and developing your team.

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

The Big League gameplay for Guild Ball has been good fun at my club. It's really taken off big time with the Season 2 rulebook and new captains / mascots as the games teams are all a little less static.

My club has always been very Guild Ball orientated though as Mat Hart is a member and the lead writer is our club President. We were playtesting with Mat before the game was released. It's really nice to see it becoming such an established game.