Slaughterball: New kickstarter project

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Slaughterball: New kickstarter project

Post by Chris »

He has asked on other forums for anyone who can advise on how to get cheaper shipping - who to talk to etc - to please contact him.

And I don't connect the lackluster bit with being paid (though I do associate the lack of analysis and opinion with that and it can't help me thinking of it negatively), more the style and how it was done. Personal opinion of course. Would take someone like Tom to review it to get me on board currently...

Reason: ''
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Darkson wrote:FFP are shipping it's "Shadows of Brimstone" KS from within the EU to avoid VAT issues, but I'm not sure the Slaughterball guy has really checked out all the options.
How do you avoid VAT issues? The products will be charged at entry if not EU made, right? And I wonder how it goes anyway even if all inside EU anyway, companies will charge VAT in the transactions.

Gronlokk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gronlokk »

Chris wrote:Would take someone like Tom to review it to get me on board currently...
Do you think something like that could be arranged? Actually, Impact! Miniatures is currently on the list of backers for Slaughterball. Not sure, if Tom would be willing to have a talk with the guy doing Slaughterball, but we can ask, right?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Might not be VAT, I may be getting my taxes mixed up - I just know that if they hadn't have been shipping from within the EU I'd have been hit with an estimated $30-40 additional cost (which have stopped me backing).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Virral
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Virral »

That doesn't really stop the charges, just transfers it from the individual to the company because they cop the tax when they ship it into Europe for distribution. I understand it'd still be better for the UK guys but if he is trying to make sure he covers all costs with the shipping charge (instead of absorbing some of it in the cost of the base pledge) then he probably can't afford to do it.

The game itself does nothing for me personally, although I must admit I only glanced over it briefly. At this stage I've got so many miniature based games (mostly via kickstarter campaigns) it needs to be something pretty special to get my attention and my money. $70+ in Aussie shipping is an excellent way to help me stay disinterested :)

Eucalyptus Bowl - Australia's Biggest and Best Blood Bowl Event
Join us in 2014 - 5th and 6th of July, Burwood RSL in Sydney

Speaking of Euc Bowl, I've got some stuff from this years event available for sale!
Virral
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Virral »

Steam Ball wrote:
Darkson wrote:FFP are shipping it's "Shadows of Brimstone" KS from within the EU to avoid VAT issues, but I'm not sure the Slaughterball guy has really checked out all the options.
How do you avoid VAT issues? The products will be charged at entry if not EU made, right? And I wonder how it goes anyway even if all inside EU anyway, companies will charge VAT in the transactions.
You avoid the VAT and Customs Duty for the backers by shipping the product to them from within the EU. It still gets paid, just at the time it's imported to the distributor rather than forcing the backers to take the hit.

It's much easier in Australia, import taxes don't kick in until you reach goods valued at $1000 or more so for stuff like kickstarter that's never a concern for me (although I do sometimes end up paying more for shipping)

Eucalyptus Bowl - Australia's Biggest and Best Blood Bowl Event
Join us in 2014 - 5th and 6th of July, Burwood RSL in Sydney

Speaking of Euc Bowl, I've got some stuff from this years event available for sale!
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Virral wrote:You avoid the VAT and Customs Duty for the backers by shipping the product to them from within the EU. It still gets paid, just at the time it's imported to the distributor rather than forcing the backers to take the hit.
So lose money or at least tighter profit, or increase "shipping". Or in other words, not avoided, just juggled around.

FUMBBL dice went direct from USA instead of reshipped in Europe, probably, due the tax being unavoidable with a big box, while small envelopes normally pass without inspection. A guess, no insider info, but pretty plausible.