Canadian Legacy Team

This sub-forum should be used for all Legacy team topics

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which race to do for the first Canadian Legacy Team?

Human
38%
Norse
50%
Other
12%

Total votes: 76

SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Canadian Legacy Team

Post by SBG »

Well, still painting here...

Reason: ''
LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

SBG wrote:Well, still painting here...

Thanks for hanging in there Fred! I will admit that I have not got anything done yet, but have been very busy wit work and home as of late. I have a couple weeks off at Christmas and will use that time to get the model done.

Is anyone else nearing completion, ready to send?

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Alright - the end of the year is coming and I am hoping that coaches are going to be taking advantage of any time off they have this holiday season to get their model done for the 1st Canadian Legacy Team.

I will admit that I have not even begun mine yet, but am making a firm committment to have mine ready for the CCKO at the end of January. Any coaches who are attending that tourney are encouraged to have their model read at that time, to make the shipping/delivery easy.

wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

Before I spend time painting a mini for this I would like to know how many people we are actually expecting to enter a mini, and also how many Throwers, as I am down for a Thrower but do not see the point in more than one.

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

I am doing the troll up now.

dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

I keep forgetting about this fig. Luckily the reminders from Spazz actually helped. Got it assembled and primed, hopefully painting it this week.

One question, what is the colours for the baserings. I am never positive what the colours for which positions are supposed to be. I am doing a runner, so if someone can let me know what basering colour it should be that would be great.

Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

Well, Spazz's reminder worked wonders on me too. Here's my fig. I ran with Dwarfrunner's suggestion and modelled it after myself. Accordingly, mini Eggball is ginormously tall and skinny, measuring 36mm to eye-level or 40mm to tip of the antlers. There's a scale pic below for comparison.

Besides the moose antlers, the red and white uniform and the maple leaf, another Canadian feature is the one-piece longjohns (now off-white as a result of constant wear).

In case anyone's interested, here are the recipes I used for the red and white (from base coat to final highlight):

Red:
- Mechrite Red (MR)
- Wash with Devlan Mud
- MR
- MR/Blood Red (BR) 1:1
- BR

White:
- Dheneb Stone (DS)
- Wash with Gryphonne Sepia
- DS
- Skull White

Dwarfrunner: as you can see, I used orange for my runner's basering. I did some searches here on TFF and this seemed to be the way to go.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Awesome job! Thanks guys for getting these done. I will post work of what I have accomplished shortly.

dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

Nice job Eggball, I should have taken my own advice and chopped my fig in half. Oh well, hindsight is always 20-20

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Alright, I have been making some more time to do the "troll" up.

When I saw Eggball's figure I decided to make some small alterations to the figure, I just hope that they work out as I hope!

I will try and get some pictures up this weekend.

Anyone else making any progress?

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

I think that the "snow troll is as conv erted as I am able to make him - my skills with the putty is limited

But here is "Spazzfist" the Canadian Beaver Troll!

I was struggling a lot with the camera, so out of all the pics taken, this is the only one that was salvagable. At least it shows several of his elements. I took a basic rat ogre and what I added to him was a toque (complete with pom pom), puffed out his cheeks, added a beaver tail, and for anyone who has been to tourneys with me will have at least heard of the infamous long johns! I modelled these on, complete with the stragically placed rip and I even included the the covering jockeys. Thank you to Eggball for reminding me of that!

Will post pics of the painted fig when I get more done.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Thanks all who are still hanging in there with the Canadian Legacy Team.

I have not heard back from some people, so unless I get word back from some of you in the next little while, I am going to open up the figs to other people. Some of you have got back to me and expressed desire to do a different, fig. Below is the updated list.

The participants are as follows:

Grampyseer - Head Coach
Skaven - Apothecary
Pyttroll - beserker
SBG - beserker
Danchaput - ulfwerner
Msteriousstranger - ulfwerner
Eggball - runner (DONE!)
Dwarfrunner - runner
Wedge22 - thrower(?)
Jesse - thrower
Cramy - lineman
Greg Shelton - lineman
Bjorn9486 - lineman

Spazz - Snow Troll, lineman

Also as it stands now we are very light on linemen, so if people want to do a second model, then your name will be entered twice.

As for the rest of you, please get back to me (if you have not done so in the near past). I would like to know whether or not you are still on board, and if you are willing to help out with the lineman shortage.

If I do not hear back from people by the end of the month, then I will start looking for someone else to fill in the spots.

Thanks,

Craig

wedge22 wrote:Before I spend time painting a mini for this I would like to know how many people we are actually expecting to enter a mini, and also how many Throwers, as I am down for a Thrower but do not see the point in more than one.

@Wedge22, sorry about not responding - I meant to and then forgot. I would still suggest going with the second thrower, better to max out the positionals - give whomever wins the team some options.

Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

Awesome job on your snow troll, Spazz! Very impressive! I can't wait to see it painted.

Re: linemen - I'm about to go travelling for a while, but could probably do up a lino if the team is still undermanned when I get back in June.

Mike

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

I have got the painting done on the troll, and will get some pics up in the near future. I have some leads on other people who are getting theirs done as well, and a few more people joining - so let's get this done people! We are still on!

Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

I'm still going at it. I toned-down my ambitions quite a bit, but I'll have a lineman for you at the CCKO.

I looked-up base rings, and for linemen grey seems to be the way to go, so my base ring will be grey. Although somebody mentioned green in a previous post, I think that Ulferners (i.e. high strength blocker types) are supposed to have a green base rings. At least that's what my reference says (which is one of the past Deathbowl tourney rules).

Craig, for base ring consistency, I suggest that you post the colours that you expect for base rings. I don't think there is a de-facto colour scheme, so I think that we need you to post it here.

Cramy