TFF 2016 Legacy Team

This sub-forum should be used for all Legacy team topics

Moderator: TFF Mods

Do we want a repeat of a team done already or continue to work through the teams not done yet

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 am

Yes I would like to repeat Team (please specify below)
No votes
Yes I would like to continue to work through the list
100%

Total votes: 27

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: TFF 2016 Legacy Team

Post by frogboy »

This is not the sign up thread, that will come later :wink:

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Brage97 wrote:With currently 14-1 to do a new team, it might be possible to shorten the open poll time 8)
Given that it's now 25-0, I agree with Brage that keeping this Poll open until 20th Jan seems a little unnecessary. Maybe we could move on to voting for a race from those not already done?

D

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lauth81
Star Player
Star Player

Post by lauth81 »

Not a fan of post count or giving precedence for previous contributors.

I've been involved in most legacy teams since 2007 and I don't recall a team that didn't have a sufficient number of playable minis.

The deepest voice in Blood Bowl (according to Pippy)
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yep, the only sub-optimal team I have won is the 2007 NAF Legacy, due to the quietness of the NAF forum! Some quality minis have been provided by newcomers.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Definitely understand the desire to ensure there is a way to prevent drop outs. I have participated in Legacy teams on the NAF forum and TFF. Stopped participating due to the many drop outs that would happen during the course of the process.

For example, during my first participation, 24 people signed up for it. We started the September and were supposed to get all figures in by the middle of November so the winner could get it by Christmas. You would think a little over two months to paint a single figure would be more than enough time. There were delays and everyone approved an extension to the end of January so people could get their figure finished and delivered. Even after doubling the time to paint/ship a single figure only 11/24 actually produced a miniature (heck, even the organizer didn't find the time to paint a figure). The final draw for the team was on February 7th. The winner received the team on March 17th. Not a good incentive to continue to participate in any future legacy team, is it?

After that one, the length of time people were given to paint their figure increased. The last one I participated in was a year to get a figure painted/shipped and still people dropped out. Mostly, I believe it is laziness/procrastination more than anything else and I don't believe there is anything that can be done to prevent it.

Good luck on this one.

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Lineman #70 for me!

Let's go!!!

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Brage97 wrote:Lineman #70 for me!

Let's go!!!
Just to be clear, this is not the sign up thread!

So with continued pressure to move on with this and 26 votes to zero in this poll we will move on, look out for the next polls coming soon.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

So the new poll is up :orc:

Check it out...

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=42136&p=747246#p747246