TBB Legacy Team 2004 brainstorming.

This sub-forum should be used for all Legacy team topics

Moderator: TFF Mods

Provisionally, do you intend contributing to the TBB 2004 team?

Definate yes
46%
Possibly, depending on factors to be decided.
54%

Total votes: 50

Pritchard
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

TBB Legacy Team 2004 brainstorming.

Post by Pritchard »

I decided it was about time to start the new thread. even though i'm starting it, i'm not planning on organizing the mailings and stuff like that so i hope someone else will take that job. so talk, friends. decide what teams and colours we should consider. post some good looking figs if you wanna show off your colour's the like. hope this catches on, that way i wont feel like a COMPLETE loser. happy trails, friends.

Reason: ''
mommy took me to communist cell meetings when i was a kid.
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=37fc5c2a-7aed-3bfc-1dc2-5c6f71f87cea&size=sm[/img]
NUFFLE SUCKS!

Novice Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Given the huge amount of people that will want to take part, my vote would be for Chaos or Skaven because of the mutations available.
In fact Chaos would be better because of the Big Guy options they have, whereas Skaven just have ROs. Plus we could easily chuck the Rotter figs in there as well.
In short, Chaos offers the widest range of possibilties and the most amount of unique figures.
I'll add a poll to try and get a rough idea of the numbers of those wishing to contribute.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Thordallim
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

The Team

Post by Thordallim »

Am willing to contribute to the team,

few questions:

is it supposed to be ready so the winner can use it for the blood bowl in 2004 is he/she so desires ?

New teams are hitting the shelves between now and september (for what i heard..am longway from nottingham so its hearsay)?

Will there be a theme before the race is chosen?

How good a painter do you have to be to make the team?
(my friends claim i am above average but dont have anyway to prove it yet , cnat seem to get clear pictures)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

On the painter level, it doesn't matter, as long as it's not totally basic (hey, I could have entered the last one, and my painting sucks!)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

the painting level doesn't mather?? :o

maybe i'm in for it then .. :lol:

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Dafrenchcoach is Back !
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dafrenchcoach is Back ! »

I disagree whith this "the level doesn't matter". IMHO, we're not looking for golden demon winners, but a decent level of painting.

So why not putting a very loong limit for contributing, and then asking before for a "test mini" in order to see what the level of the painter is? It should be the best way to decide... Milo should decide who should contribute.

Feedbacks about it?

AOL s***s !!!
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

If I woukd participate to TBB team 2004, I wish it will be a chaos team, cos a lot of custom minis and big guy are possible. For the color, a Tzeench one, Blue and Gold (to change from the classic Nurgle team :P ).

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Pritchard
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pritchard »

i think chaos is alright, but we've got plenty of time and new minis soon enough, so we can decided that later. colours and themes i think would be better to decide until we get some pics of the new minis. i highly disagree with the high level of painting comment. i say if you want to participate, no way in hell should we turn you down. even if you prime it and paint it green, send it in. because of this, i think we should still designate who is painting what position and such, but why not end up with like 60 mini's for the one TBB 'o4 team? then it'd be fine to select the best for any showings and such, but at least the rest of us will have contributed and if we want our mini's to make the team, then we'll have to try damn hard.

[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=37fc5c2a-7aed-3bfc-1dc2-5c6f71f87cea&size=sm[/img]
NUFFLE SUCKS!

Novice Heretic
joker
Star Player
Star Player

Post by joker »

hi all

this time i want to contribute to this new team :)
painting whatever u want

(for the painting lvl i think i'm ok :D )

may da WAAAGH ! be with me
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

My vote is for Chaos or Undead. I'm in.
Some questions:
Do they need to be GW tournie class minis?
What % of the mini has to be GW parts to qualify it as a GW mini?
Can you include parts from any non GW minis?

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I like the idea of doing the new elf team due to be released in a couple of months. I think that maybe if this is going to be an annual thing, should aternate between "good" and "evil" teams. Since gobbos were done this time, should do a team of a different "allignment", such as elves, just my 2 cents.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Tackledummy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tackledummy »

Personally I'm up for Chaos, and Tzeentch sounds like fun.

In terms of painting level, I think it should be basic colour on all parts of the mini, using the old Gobbo's as an example, skin must be painted green, clothing must be painted orange with black stripes, armour must be painted black with white trim etc. But we shouldn't be over the top nazish on it, highlights and shading are preferable but if you feel you're not up to it then it's no worries.

Pritchard
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pritchard »

see, i disagree. i think having set team colours, themes and hell, skin tone, are all fine. but dont say this part has to be this colour. i've always been a little more under the idea that each player on a team would customize their armour to fit what they like. this makes for a much more diverse and interesting team, i feel. foundation colours are good, even saying you want the team colours to be in stripes or checkered or whatever is ok, but from there on out, let each player be an individual in their own customized garments.

NUFFLE SUCKS!

Novice Heretic
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I'll cast my vote AGAINST Chaos, actually, since that's what was done for the BBOWL-L legacy team. Clearly we don't want to do Goblins again so soon, and probably not Orcs, by extension.

I'll suggest Dark Elf or Norse, either of which would be a nice change of place and give some decent conversion opportunities. If we do Chaos, let's avoid Khorne, at least.

As for painting quality, I think anyone who wants to be able to enter should be able to. If I (or whomever volunteers to organize this one) get a mini in which is clearly unfinished -- unpainted spots, below-average quality, etc. -- then it will be returned for completion to the painter. But that's probably not going to be necessary.

Remember, the idea is not to get a professionally painted team -- it's to get a uniquely painted team that you can trace the lineage of to all the TBB members. It's a collector's item, not necessarily a showpiece. (That said, I've been blown away by the overall quality of most of the goblins.)

Milo

Dafrenchcoach is Back !
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dafrenchcoach is Back ! »

Why not, but in this case, we would have to see with a 60 minis team, imho... But it should be fun too!

EDIT: I'm all the more interested in a below propainted level that I'd like to participate to the next one ;)

If the number of contributors is too high, why not making 2 teams? A good, and an evil one (for example, new elves/lizardmen)?

AOL s***s !!!