Fenland Bowl I - 2nd November 2024 - Littleport, Ely, Cambridgeshire

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Fenland Bowl I - 2nd November 2024 - Littleport, Ely, Cambridgeshire

Post by G_Clark »

PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS AWAITING NAF SANCTIONING SO RULES PACK SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Welcome Blood Bowl coaches. We are pleased to announce the first Fenland Bowl. Coaches and teams can now register for the first (hopefully of many) Fenland Bowls.

I will be your TO for the tournament and assisting me will be Thesmokingfrog :smoking:

Fenland Bowl I will take place on Saturday 2nd November 2024 in Littleport and will consist of 3 games of Blood Bowl.

Tickets

Tickets are £12 each

Please make all payments via Paypal (Friends & family) to grax1912@yahoo.co.uk (Please remember to include your name, NAF name and NAF number with your payment).

*EDIT* Due to selling out our initial 24 spaces within 4 days we have now increased capacity to 32. If this is a success we will look to increase capacity even further for Fenland Bowl II.

Venue

The event will take place at the Littleport Scout & Guide Hut, address below:

Littleport Scout & Guide Hut
Camel Road
Littleport
Ely
CB6 1PU

There is ample parking on site and the venue is a 20 minute walk from the Littleport train station.

Hot drinks (Tea and coffee) will be available in the kitchen and included within your ticket price.

You will need to bring your own food, alternatively there is a Co-op, convenience store and some takeaways around a 2-minute drive from the venue.

What to bring

Your team, two copies of your roster (With extra skills clearly marked), rulebook & latest FAQ/Errata, templates and dice (Please note, following suit with other tournaments we are only allowing GW official Blood Bowl dice to be used, and of course NAF dice). Please can players also bring a pitch and dugouts so we can make sure we have enough pitches on the day.

Whilst painting is not a requirement but of course preferred, we ask positionals are clearly identifiable and the team is numbered.

Format

The tournament will be a three game tournament using Blood Bowl Season Two (BB 2020) Official Rules (as clarified by the most recent official FAQ). The first game will be randomly drawn between coaches with subsequent matchups following a Swiss - Resurrection style system.

Team Building

Starting team value will be 1.15 million gold pieces (Team Value 1150) and coaches may choose a legal roster up to this value.

Team tiering will be as per the latest GW FAQ/Errata.

Rosters may be chosen from any of the teams in the following:

Blood Bowl Rule Book
The official “Teams of Legend” pdf
Khorne, Norse, Amazon, Vampire and Gnomes from Spike magazines 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 respectively.
Additional NAF Roster for Slann
Any additional official teams and rosters from Spike magazines released AT LEAST 2 WEEKS before the event will also be allowed

Skill Packages

Tier 1 Teams – 6 additional skills - No player may receive more than 1 additional skill - Either 6 primary skills or 5 primary and 1 secondary

Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, High Elf, Lizardmen, Norse, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elf

Tier 2 Teams - 8 additional skills - 1 player may receive 2 additional skills, the rest can only receive up to 1 additional skill - Select from 1 of the following 3 skill packages

(1) 8 primary skills
(2) 7 primary skills and 1 secondary skill
(3) 6 primary and 2 secondary skills

Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Orc, Slann, Tomb Kings, Vampires

Tier 3 Teams - 10 additional skills - 2 players may receive 2 additional skills, the rest can only receive up to 1 additional skill - Select from 1 of the following 3 skill packages

(1) 10 primary skills
(2) 9 primary skills and 1 secondary skill
(3) 8 primary and 2 secondary skills
(4) 7 primary and 3 secondary skills

Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling, Gnomes

Only chosen primary skills or chosen secondary skills may be selected, randomly chosen skills are not allowed. Characteristic increases are not allowed.

Inducements

We will start off with the big one. As this is the first Fenland Bowl, star players and especially mega stars have no interest in such an unknown competition. No amount of money can persuade them to join a team entering the first Fenland Bowl, but of course if the competition were to gain more attraction and fame, they would definitely reconsider their stance for future Fenland Bowls.

Star Players and Mega Stars are not allowed (Bar the Fenland Bowl I special star player, more on this later)

Any inducements from the list of “common inducements” on page 89 of the Blood Bowl rulebook can be taken, with the following changes:

Star Players and Mega Stars are not allowed (Bar the Fenland Bowl I special star player)
Wizards, Biased Referees, Mercenaries and Special Play card inducements are not allowed.
The following additional inducement rules from the “Death Zone” supplement are allowed:

(In)Famous Coaching Staff
Other Inducements from p36-39, excluding Medicinal Unguent and Side Bet.
Any additional inducements published in any official Spike magazine prior to the date of the event (excluding any from the excluded categories listed above e.g. Wizards).
A special mercenary ‘The Littleport Black Dog’ will be available for hire, more on this in the special rules section.

Fenland Bowl Special Rules

The Fens, or Fenland(s), are a naturally marshy region in eastern England. Therefore, to reflect this we will be replacing the usual weather table with the Graveyard Weather Table from the “Death Zone” supplement. Copies of this table will be provided on the day.
Another point of local history is the Ely and Littleport riots of 1816. At the time unemployment was high and costs of grain were rising. Fuelled by alcohol, a group of Littleport residents left the inn and began intimidating wealthier residents, demanding money and destroying property. The riots spread to Ely and were eventually quelled by a militia of citizens from Ely led by Sir Henry Bate Dudley.

To reflect this, every time a touchdown is scored fans of the opposing team break onto the pitch!

Choose a random player on scoring team (This can include players currently on the reserves bench, but not knocked out or players who have sustained a casualty). Once a player has been randomly selected, the opposing coach of the player selected rolls a D6 and consults the below table:

1 – No harm is done to the player
2-4 – The player is knocked out, but still rolls to see if they recover from the knock out during the
current turn end of drive sequence
5-6 – The player is seriously knocked unconscious. The player is placed in the knock out section but does not roll to see if they recover during this turns end of drive sequence. They will roll as usual during following end of drive sequences after.

Finally, Littleport is home to two different legends of spectral black dogs. Teams can hire a special Star Player reflecting this spectral black dog for 75,000 gold pieces, also they will lose 1 of their primary skills within their teams tier skill package. The full rules and BB card picture is in the attached Rules Pack.

Scoring

The scoring system will be as follows:

Win = 30 points
Draw = 15 points
Loss = 0 points

Bonus points awards as follows:

Casualty caused (To a maximum of 3 bonus points per game)
Touchdowns Scored (To a maximum of 3 bonus points per game)
Clean sheet (No touchdowns conceded – 1 bonus point awarded for each game where you keep a clean sheet)

Tiebreakers will be Strength of Schedule, followed by Touchdown difference and then Casualties difference.

In terms of casualties all casualties you cause to your opponent count (including fouls and crowd surfing). Casualties caused to your opponent’s players as a result of failed dodges/rushes do not count.

Prizes

We are very pleased to announced that our Tournament is sponsored by the Ely Cycle Centre. Prizes will be awarded for the following:

Winner
Runner Up
3rd Place
Most Touchdowns
Most Casualties
Stunty Cup
Best Painted
Wooden Spoon

There is a maximum of 1 prize per person on the day, so if a player wins 2 or more awards, the ‘lesser’ trophy will go to the next eligible coach.

There will also be spot prizes available on the day.

Ely Cycle Centre is our main sponsor for prize support (Don’t worry they have a model store/section, the winner won’t be getting a bicycle!).

Any small amount of money left over will be donated to the Littleport Scouts.

Schedule

Tournament briefing and announcements: 9:50-10:00
Game 1: 10:00 – 12:15
Lunch: 12:15 – 13:00
Game 2: 13:00 – 15:15
Short break: 15:15 – 15:30
Game 3: 15:30 – 17:45
Awards ceremony and close: 18:00

Each round will be played within a strict time limit of 2 hours 15 minutes. Regular calls will be made for 1 hour remaining, 30 minutes remaining and 15 minutes remaining. If you are not into the second half when the 1 hour remaining call is made, we would encourage you to start a chess clock with around 2 minute turns (depending how far you are into your game) to ensure the game is finished.

We hope to see you there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Fenland Bowl I - 2nd November 2024 - Littleport, Ely, Cambridgeshire

Post by G_Clark »

Player list. Bold = PAID

0. G_Clark (will take part if odd number of coaches on the day)
1. MonkeyRage - 28437
2. Legion_UK - 28083

3. Mr_frodo - 18261
4. Untamedgeek - 37195
5. Rafen - 38325
6. roll_that_1-in-36 - 38345
7. mevans - 25649
8. wabe2009 - 27497
9. Thrakkadathurd - 35757
10. Strubot - 26158
11. Sublimelime - 36612
12. Elysian83 - 37393
13. ikkoras - 38341
14. SirGuildartstheLost - 37300
15. Fwing - 31141
16. tdurr - 38326
17. Unsullied - 20842
18. Bashman - 28075
19. Gethyn - 20843
20. Turtlehead - 27621
21. DrThod - 37792
22. Vacant - 33243
23. Purplegoo - 11777
24. HeadlessCoach - 24644
25. PeteW - 7769
26. ThomasW - 23769
27. Zenjo - 36747
28. Howlinggriffon - 3709
29. RuffNTumble - 28166
30. Gastonite - 38287
31. Monobi - 38323

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

An update as I am sure there will be some questions on the player list.

This is my first Tournament and I did not realise that when I submitted to NAF, it showed the tournament on their website whilst pending approval/sanctioning. Therefore, I started getting ticket sales out of the blue from coaches who had seen it on the NAF (No complaints here).

So I have uploaded to TFF now as originally I was going to upload once sanctioned.

I am pleasantly surprised at the interest in such a short amount of time. I am working with the venue to see if we can squeeze some extra spaces in to have a higher capacity if required :D

greatcrusade08
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greatcrusade08 »

2 tix for unsullied and Bashman please. I’ve sent across some beer tokens via PayPal just now

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

greatcrusade08 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 am 2 tix for unsullied and Bashman please. I’ve sent across some beer tokens via PayPal just now
All received thank you. Can I have your NAF numbers when you get the chance :D

Only 4 tickets left!

Vacant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vacant »

Please add me to the list and looking forward to it.

NAF: Vacant

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

Vacant wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:41 am Please add me to the list and looking forward to it.

NAF: Vacant
No problem! Could I have your NAF number when you get the chance please :D

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

We have 1 ticket remaining HOWEVER, I am meeting the venue tonight to see if we can get more tables in. I am optimistic we can get a few more in and will have an update tomorrow :D

Thank you everyone for the interest and support so far. I have been completely blown away :D

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

We have now filled our initial allocation. Hopefully some good news that we can increase capacity tomorrow

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Please add PeteW and ThomasW as reserves!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

PeteW wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:41 pm Please add PeteW and ThomasW as reserves!
Will do Pete! I am 99.9% sure we will be able to accommodate

Zenjo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zenjo »

Could I sign up to this as player or reserve please.

zenjo 36747

Perhaps if a player gets crowd surfed they could fall into a dyke instead?

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

I can confirm we now have the go ahead to increase capacity to 32 coaches 8)

Anyone on the reserves list has been added to the player list.

We now have 4 tickets/spaces remaining.

Can I please have NAF numbers for anyone that hasn't provided and also payment as soon as convenient please. We have some exciting prizes and sponsorship announcements to follow in the build up to the tournament.

If you know anyone who may wish to attend, please get them to book sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Wow - this is doing well, congrats!

Is the BB scene in / around Littleport pretty new? I lived there a few years ago (~8 maybe?) and never had a whiff of it?

Looking forward to coming back!

G_Clark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by G_Clark »

Purplegoo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am Wow - this is doing well, congrats!

Is the BB scene in / around Littleport pretty new? I lived there a few years ago (~8 maybe?) and never had a whiff of it?

Looking forward to coming back!
Hey,

Yes pretty new. Our club Littleport & Ely Wargames has been going around 18 months now and growing at a steady pace. We have a big Blood Bowl following. Our current club league has 12 players. When we started 18 months ago our first league had 6 players :D

I also think there are quite a few coaches around the area that haven't heard of us, or us of them/their clubs. I seem to get contacted/bump into coaches locally and we had no idea each other existed.

I think its all very exciting as the game and community seems to be growing in our area, which is great for the game.

The more the merrier I always say and we look forward to seeing you on the day :D