BUBBA Bowl IV - Come as you are - 4th March 2017

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Bristol BUBBA Bowl one-dayer is back for a 4th outing, their will be pedants.

In order to avoid clashing with other tournaments BUBBA will run on Saturday 4th March

This is the 4th Leg of the 2017 South-West Tournament Championship

If you are a new Blood Bowl player and want to get involved in the tournament scene everyone is welcome and we will try to accommodate any experience level at the tournament. If you want to ask me any questions but don't want them to be visible here just send me a PM.

Bristol Independent Gaming,
16 Clothier Road,
Bristol,
BS4 5PS

This is in the southeast of Bristol with good bus links to the centre.

Registration

Please register your interest here

The cost for the Saturday will be £12 to be paid to me via PayPal either to David.J.Muirhead@gmail.com or click this link Paypal.Me On PayPal please use Gift or Personal; and leave your name, contact number and if already registered your NAF name and/or number. If you are 100% sure you are coming and for some reason can't pay by Paypal let me know.

NAF Approved
NAF representatives will be there on the day to sign-up non-members.

Lunch
Food will not be included in the price but there is a McDonalds or Subway nearby or you could bring a picnic. BIG also have a range of snacks and refreshments available.

Schedule
8.30am to 9.15am – Setup and Registration
9.15am to 11.15am – Match One
11.15am to 11.30am – Break
11.30pm to 1.30pm – Match Two
1.30pm to 2.00pm – Lunch
2.00pm to 4.00pm – Match Three
4.00pm to 4.15pm – Break
4.15pm to 6.30pm – Match Four
6.30pm to 6.45pm – Score assessment
6.45pm to 7.00pm – Awards
7pm - Go home

In order to keep to strict times, warnings for ‘half-way’ and ‘15 minutes left’ will be announced. At the end of the set time, please square off your matches and submit scores.

Playing format
• As per NAF guidance: NAF Rules for tournaments from 1st Feb 2017- I will continue to monitor GW releases and subsequent NAF comments, any changes to tournament format will be noted here, with a likely deadline for any revisions to tournament structure at the start of Feb 2017
• Swiss format after random draw for the first match
• New teams will start with 1,200kgps with which to buy at least 11 standard players (including Mini-me or Bubba, see below), after this stars and all other inducements as described in the sanctioned rules (see 1st point) can be purchased.
• For this Tournament Fan Factor is fixed to 5 Fan Factor (i.e. no more Fan Factor can be bought) and is not added to the team value
• Before the first match teams can assign skills as described later
• There should be room for either old style or new style Blood Bowl Pitches.

Please bring…
• Painted team (well at least distinguishable as what your roster says)
• Dice and templates
• Two Rosters, one for organiser, one for you to use in tournament
• Board and dugouts (please bring your own)

Scoring System

The scoring system will be as follows:
• Win 3 points
• Draw 1 points
• Loss 0 points

Tie breakers after final results will be resolved by strength of schedule.

For the Casualties for the Most Cas Award - only those Casualties which count for SPP's will be counted.

Teams
1,200kgp to recruit players, staff and team re-rolls. Team Fan Factor is free and set to 5 FF for the whole day. Fan Factor will not be included in the overall team rating. You cannot use any spare cash from team building to buy more Fan Factor for this event. Stars may be purchased as described in sanctioned rules but only after at least 11 players from a team standard roster have been purchased.

All inducements as described in sanctioned rules are available WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT for this tournament the new 'Special Play cards (red and green backed cards) as available in the new box set will not be used. Players are free to purchase Special Play Cards from the CRP decks. Special Play Card announced to be released on 4th Feb '17 will not be eligible for use in this tournament.

Weather
All games will start with perfect Blood Bowl weather. If changing weather is rolled on the kick off table, then refer to the below table rather than standard weather table.

Roll 2D6:
2: Roll a D3: 1 - Sweltering heat, 2-3 – Very Sunny
3-11: Perfect Blood Bowl weather
12: Roll a D3: 1 – Blizzard, 2-3 – Pouring Rain

If both coaches agree the 'Winter Weather' as released with GW 'Blood on the Snow' pitch may be substituted (before match and for the duration of that match) under similar criteria as above:
Roll 2D6:
2: Roll a D3: 1 - Howling Winds, 2-3 – Freezing
3-11: Brisk
12: Roll a D3: 1 – Heavy Snow, 2-3 – Blizzard

Skills
Before the 1st game teams may allocate the number of skills listed below to their team, unless otherwise stated there is no stacking of skills.

Tier 1: All teams not mentioned as Tier 2/3 – 4 Standard skills
Tier 2: Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elf, Human, Khemri, Nurgle, Pro Elf, Slann, Underworld, Vampire – 6 Standard Skills
Tier 3: Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Lizards with no Saurus*, Underworld with no Skaven* - 6 Standard skills, 2 Doubles skills, non ‘Big Guys’ may take two skills of the allocation i.e. stack one skill, this could include both double rolls if desired.

• Standard skills are those available to a player on a normal result on non-double skill improvement roll.
• Doubles skills are those skills available to a player on a double result on a skill improvement roll.
• No stat increases
• Stars may not be given additional skills
• There is no limit to the number of times a particular skill may be taken.

* ’No saurus’s/skaven‘ does not include any stars which may play for the team e.g. Underworld Goblins may take Glart Smashrib Jr and still be considered ‘Stunty’

Additional Rules

Bring yourself... *NEW FOR 2017*
We all love the thought that we could do better… well here’s your chance. You will get to build ‘yourself’ for BUBBA IV.

You can choose one player from your team, lineman, positional or even a Big Guy and then tailor to be a 'mini-you' to take to the field. You may not exceed the positional limits so no 3rd Witch Elf or 2nd Minotaur for example. Also no swapping team e.g. your mini-me must be able to play for that team, no Elf Catchers appearing for a Lizardman team.

You may then tailor your mini-me to be as much like you as you think you can do with the following limits you may add up to one Stat increase, up to one double skill and up to 3 normal skills. You must pay for these skills from your budget of 1.2M, using standard rule book costs: STR= 50K, AGI = 40K, MV/AV/Double Skill = 30K and Normal skills 20K and using players available normal/doubles skills as per the rulebook (well mostly see below!). THESE SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH SKILLS YOU MAY FREELY GIVE AS DISCUSSED ABOVE and your mini-me may not also take a free skill from that allocation.

In order to prevent abuse there is a limit of 150k to be spent on your mini-me for a player without a negatrait this includes the initial cost of the player e.g. 'Orc Blitzer + Agi + Dodge' = 80+40+30=150k=OK; 'Wardancer + Str' = 120+50 =170k=No. Don’t worry if you see yourself as an Ogre or Troll you can spend up to 200k on a player with a negatrait (Bone Head, Really Stupid, Wild Animal, Take Root, Blood Lust or Secret Weapon – Stunty/Titchy, Animosity and Decay will not be considered negatraits).

Your mini-me will be considered as one of your 11 players for the purpose of purchasing Stars or other inducements.

The intention is that this is a chance to have some fun, write some fluff and get yourself on the pitch. I would love to see everyone take it in that spirit and there will be a prize for best fluff/conversion/spirit or combination of those measures for this tournament. As such if you feel you have a great idea for ‘yourself’ and the letter of the rules prohibit it e.g. Merrick would obviously love to be a Halfling with Foul Appearance but the rules don’t allow this but he is obviously not trying to ‘game the system’, as such at my discretion fluffy choices outside of the limits set above will be considered – PM me.

New to the game! BUBBA is there for you...

Given the changes to the community specifically the release of BB2016 since the 'Mini-Me' idea was first installed BUBBA think it would be useful to having something a little more user friendly for those who may be new to the tournament scene and possibly less comfortable with making their own star.

Therefore INSTEAD of making a mini me, players are free to have Bubba join there team. Given that Bubba is still there to represent you; a few choices to make so he/she can more ably reflect you on the field have been left.

Given that I understand all of the new players are Human (there are some very serious doubts around some of the veteran players) Bubba is obviously Human, a lineman to be specific so all 'Bubba's have a basic stat line of: Mov: 6, Str: 3 Agi: 3, Av: 8

Additional Skills for Bubba...

'Learned the basics'
Bubba can have - Block OR Dodge

'Lets try something new'
Bubba can have - Stand Firm OR Side Step

'And the cherry on top'
Bubba may have one of - Dauntless, Fend, Kick, Sure Hands or Strip Ball

Bubba costs 130k to add to your team.

Any questions just ask.

No Illegal Procedure
This is a fun and hopefully relaxed event, please kindly remind your opponent to move their turn counter.

White Dwarf Alternative Referees Rules
If both coaches agree prior to the match the alternative Referee rules as printed in White Dwarf Jan 2017 Pg 21 may be used.

Oi, who are you?!!
If you are drawn against a team where both rosters contain the same star player both teams may use the same star, one is obviously an imposter and will be found out on the field of glory.

Prizes
There will be prizes for 1st and 2nd place and Stunty Cup; there will be a prize for most TD’s and most CAS and I am sure I can find a wooden spoon. Depending on the number of participants the level and variety of prizes may increase. There will also be an ‘International Glowworm Award’ for the legendary (infamous?) 4th place finisher. As mentioned above there will also be a prize for best Mini-me/fluff.

Cheers,
Dave

Paid:
0. Loki
1. HairyPete
2. Nightwing
3. Nazgob
4. Wobert
5. Camsbell1514
6. Jip
7. Twelfman - The Artist formally known as Trumpkin (it's all true he is Donald Trumps love child by an Ent!)
8. Lunchmoney
9. KFoged
10. Itchen
11. Heartsbane
12. Nonumber
13. Sann90210
14. Enderman
15. Dementor
16. Legolas
17. Rubick
18. Glowworm
19. Frogboy
20. DaPiranha
21. Eski
22. Dreamscreator
23. Mogsam
24. Moodygit
25. fluffythealien
26. HungDonkeyman
27. 20phoenix
28. Cornish
29. Nippy Longskar
30. Smurf1917
31. Merrick

To Pay on Day:
32. Hawk
33. DDark

Reason: ''
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: BUBBA Bowl IV - Come as you are - 4th March 2017

Post by lunchmoney »

In!

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Me too!

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Plus this will feature in the 2017 season of SWTC, once it's announced.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Extremely interested

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Keep me away if you dare!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Count me in!

Ooooh bring yourself! Is it a design your own star player who is in essence like you? Hmmmm . . . . a chubby star with a ton of nega-traits . . . . . awesome!

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Wobert wrote:Ooooh bring yourself! Is it a design your own star player who is in essence like you? Hmmmm . . . . a chubby star with a ton of nega-traits . . . . . awesome!
Pretty much yes :D I'm just trying to work out some of the finer details ;) Hopefully should iron out the details in time for Gert so can chat there

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Boom! At least 3 of us will be there, defending trophies!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Coming for a rematch, Sann?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Will be back on the BB trail, so I'm interested, rota dependent.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Darkson wrote:Will be back on the BB trail, so I'm interested, rota dependent.
Cool, was talking to Lunch about prospective dates for ARBBL he had from you, chose BUBBA date with those in mind - if anything changes with you guys I'm happy to try and coordinate suitable spacings for SW tournaments :)

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Yus

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Loki wrote:
Darkson wrote:Will be back on the BB trail, so I'm interested, rota dependent.
Cool, was talking to Lunch about prospective dates for ARBBL he had from you, chose BUBBA date with those in mind - if anything changes with you guys I'm happy to try and coordinate suitable spacings for SW tournaments :)
No changes - the two dates Lunch gave you are it - if we can't get a hall for either of those weekends the ARBBL won't happen.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

"Bring Yourself" rules added to OP