Auld World what?
Does the idea of old folks armed with swirling colostomy bags and sharpened walking sticks, going at it in a life and death struggle excite you? Then Auld World Masters is for you! It’s the only tournament that celebrates age in a healthy and yet homicidal way. Each year at AWM we bring back a star player no longer in the current CRP for one last shot at the big time. All of the teams that take part are full of players beyond ancient who break down with injuries as the tournament progresses. Your team gets more and more banged up as they limp and hobble from match to match.
We recently had a public vote to select the star player for AWM III. I’d say it was close, but that would be a lie. The winner was a skeleton star player who was originally in one of the BB journals. ‘The Mad Bomber’ as his name suggests is a bombardier who only has agility 2. Oh dear . . . . . .
We love a good bit of fluff at Auld World Masters! As with previous years, copies of the Auld World Masters record book and Hall of Fame will be scattered about for you to read / take away as well as other bits of general ‘Did you know . . . . ‘ silly scribblings.Where and when
Saturday, 13th May 2017 – mark it in big, bold, red pen in your calendars now.
We’ve booked the Cheese Rollers pub once more in Cheltenham, the same venue as last year. It’s quick and easy to get to from the M5, has plenty of parking and a good sized room to play in. What more could we want? The event
Rules pack is attached below.
We are capped at 30 players due to the size of the room and we hope to hit that number.
In addition to this there will be a new feature this year which we won’t go into great detail about now. Before the tournament each coach must select a sponsorship deal which will set them a challenge during the tournament.Team Building
Any of the 24 approved teams may play (this includes Slann, Underworld and Chaos Pact). For any further info just wait for the rules pack – stop being so impatient!
In Auld World Masters I there was a huge influx of Orcs who seemed to dominate proceedings. For Auld World Masters II a lot of coaches embraced the madness and we had 9 stunty teams. This time . . . . . . who knows! I suspect we may have a sea of stunties again but I could be wrong, maybe it’ll be the year of the Vampire.How much is it?
The cost is £12 for NAF members or £17 for none-NAF members. This is slightly more expensive than last year as the pub have put up their prices slightly plus we are giving out an extra gift. Payments via paypal to email@example.com
. We have 30 spaces and it is the first 30 to pay.
So for £12 / £17 you get all of the following
· 4 games of beautiful, brutal BB
· A custom made miniature of ‘The Mad Bomber’
· A bombardier dice with a fumble indicator
· Buffet lunch
· More fluff than you can shake a dusty old quill at
· Spot prizes
· Trophies and prizes
· A quiz
· The chance to write your name in glory!New Players
If you're one of the huge crowd of people who just bought the new box set . . . . do not be put off! Auld World Masters is for anyone and everyone, please feel free to sign up.Awards
We try and give out a wide range of awards to cater for everyone. This year there will be the following –
· Overall winner
· Runner Up
· International Glowworm Award
· Most Casualties
· Most TDs
· Stunty Cup
· Star Player award
· Wooden Spoon
· Rookie WonderWe're part of . . . . .
The South West Championship and unless any blighter slips in before us will be the first event in the Golden Gauntlet.Paid
1. Raging82 **Roster Received**
2. Cornish **Roster Received**
3. Darkzentai **Roster Received**
6. AngryHobbit **Roster Received**
7. Hairy Pete
8. Besters **Roster Received**
9. Monkeyjuice **Roster Received**
10. Nightwing **Roster Received**
15. Pete Wrench
16. Bögenhafen Bron
19. Twelfman **Roster Received**
22. Itchen Masack **Roster Received**
25. Knightly **Roster Received**
26. Wolimorb **Roster Received**
27. Hung Donkeyman **Roster Received**
29. Dr Death
32. Chris Whitehouse **Roster Received**
34. Golden Gate
36. Dan Harrison **Roster Received**
37. Rubick **Roster Received**
2. HawkBB2016 Rules
• Slann are allowed
• Wizards are allowed for 150k
• Head Coaches can argue the call
• Halfling teams get Timberr skill and Deeproot will have access to it
• The new rules for Pile On are not in the spirit of AWM and so will not be adopted for AWM III. This means you may pile on and not spend a reroll doing it.
• Only CRP 50k cards are allowed and must be purchased as part of the teams value
• Human Catchers will now only cost 60K
• Only stunty teams are allowed stars at AWM and they may not
take Grak and Crumbleberry.