BUBBA Bowl V - 3rd Mar - MAP on Pg 10

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Loki
Legend
Legend

BUBBA Bowl V - 3rd Mar - MAP on Pg 10

Post by Loki »

**** 2/3/18 17.30pm Update****

I have had a confirmation from the venue that unless something changes they will open for us tomorrow! We are therefore going to try and soldier on.

I have had a look at the roads in the local area and the A4 and main road into Keynsham up to the train station are relatively clear. There is still some snow on the local roads but cars are going up and done at the moment. TBH I think if you get out on to the main roads where you are then you'll get to within a couple of hundred yards of the venue.

I have had a few people say they are not able to make it but many more say they want to try and get here; so I will be there at 8.30 tomorrow. If people know for definite that they won't make it do say here.

Obviously journey times will be longer in most cases and I will try and be flexible. I have already considered that we might have to run as a 3 rather than 4 game tournament; that will be held in reserve and i won't make a decision on that until 9.30 tomorrow morning.

I would appreciate it if people could keep me updated here.

Bristol BUBBA Bowl one-dayer is back for its fifth outing We are keeping the same weekend as last year but have a new venue!

This will be part of the 2018 South-West Tournament Championship

If you are a new Blood Bowl player and want to get involved in the tournament scene everyone is welcome and we will try to accommodate any experience level at the tournament. If you want to ask me any questions but don't want them to be visible here just send me a PM.

Cross Street,
Keynsham,
BS31 2FW

Somerdale Pavilion Site - also there is a map at the top of Page 10 of this thread

This is to the southeast of Bristol with good bus links to the center. There will be free parking at the venue for the duration of the tournament.

Registration

Please register your interest here.

The cost for the Saturday will be £15 to be paid to me via PayPal at David.J.Muirhead@gmail.com On PayPal please use Gift or Personal; and leave your name, contact number and if already registered your NAF name and/or number.

NAF Approved

NAF representatives have been there on the day to sign-up non-members for the last few years

Lunch
Lunch is included in the cost this year – there will be a light Sandwich buffet served.

There will be a bar on site for those who are over 18 and not driving.

Schedule
8.30am to 9.15am – Setup and Registration
9.15am to 11.15am – Match One
11.15am to 11.30am – Break
11.30pm to 1.30pm – Match Two
1.30pm to 2.00pm – Lunch
2.00pm to 4.00pm – Match Three
4.00pm to 4.15pm – Break
4.15pm to 6.30pm – Match Four
6.30pm to 6.45pm – Score assessment
6.45pm to 7.00pm – Awards
7pm - Go home

In order to keep to strict times, warnings for ‘half-way’ and ‘15 minutes left’ will be announced. At the end of the set time, please square off your matches and submit scores.

Playing format
• 'New NAF Standard' 26 races (i.e. inc Slann, Khrone and Brettionian) will be eligible for use; Khorne will be Tier 2, Brettionian Tier 1.
• Swiss format after random draw for the first match
• New teams will start with 1,200kgps with which to buy at least 11 standard players after this stars and all other inducements as described in the sanctioned rules (see below) can be purchased.
• For this Tournament Fan Factor is fixed to 5 Fan Factor (i.e. no more Fan Factor can be bought) and is not added to the team value
• Before the first match teams can assign skills as described later
• There should be room for either old style or new style Blood Bowl Pitches.

INDUCEMENTS UPDATE 9th FEB 2017:
Please use NAF doc NAF Tournament Rules from August 2017 for reference
Stars are in from BB2016 + CRP (so no Grak/Crumbleberry, Black Goblin/White Dwarf),
Wizard (150k normal one) is in as per NAF doc
Coaches are in (including 80k 'rubbish Wizard').
Cards can be used but to keep things clear for me this will be only the ones from CRP and cost will be as per their CRP entry (no weird one-off cards from GW events, White Dwarf giveaways, etc)
Weather is as covered in it own section below, no board specific effects will be used.
No Refs, standard foul rules only.
No Stadia rules to be used - standard field.
Standard Ball only (i.e. no racial football rules to be used)

Please bring…
• Painted team (well at least distinguishable as what your roster says)
• Dice and templates
• Two Rosters, one for organiser, one for you to use in tournament
• Board and dugouts

Scoring System

The scoring system will be as follows:
• Win 3 points
• Draw 1 points
• Loss 0 points

Tie breakers after final results will be resolved by strength of schedule.

For the Casualties for the Most Cas Award - only those Casualties which count for SPP's will be counted.

Teams
1,200kgp to recruit players, staff and team re-rolls. Team Fan Factor is free and set to 5 FF for the whole day. Fan Factor will not be included in the overall team rating. You cannot use any spare cash from team building to buy more Fan Factor for this event. Stars may be purchased as described in sanctioned rules but only after at least 11 players from a team standard roster have been purchased.

Weather
All games will start with perfect Blood Bowl weather. If changing weather is rolled on the kick off table, then refer to the below table rather than standard weather table.

Roll 2D6:
2: Roll a D3: 1 - Sweltering heat, 2-3 – Very Sunny
3-11: Perfect Blood Bowl weather
12: Roll a D3: 1 – Blizzard, 2-3 – Pouring Rain

Skills
Before the 1st game teams may allocate the number of skills listed below to their team, unless otherwise stated there is no stacking of skills.

Tier 1: All teams not mentioned as Tier 2/3 – 6 Standard skills
Tier 2: Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elf, Human, Khemri, Khorne, Nurgle, Pro Elf, Slann, Underworld, Vampire – 7 Standard Skills, 1 Double skill.
Tier 3: Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Lizards with no Saurus*, Underworld with no Skaven* - 8 Standard skills, 2 Doubles skills, non ‘Big Guys’ may take two skills of the allocation i.e. stack one skill, this could include both double rolls if desired.

• Standard skills are those available to a player on a normal result on non-double skill improvement roll.
• Doubles skills are those skills available to a player on a double result on a skill improvement roll.
• No stat increases
• Stars may not be given additional skills
• There is a limit of 4 for the number of times a particular skill may be taken.

* ’No saurus’s/skaven‘ does not include any stars which may play for the team e.g. Underworld Goblins may take Glart Smashrib Jr and still be considered ‘Stunty’

Additional Rules

No Illegal Procedure
This is a fun and hopefully relaxed event, please kindly remind your opponent to move their turn counter.

Oi, who are you?!!
If you are drawn against a team where both rosters contain the same star player both teams may use the same star, one is obviously an impostor and will be found out on the field of glory.

Early Bird Bonus
Unlike the last few years money is required much earlier in the process so for this year my somewhat laissez-faire attitude will be on hold and there will be early bird bonuses to encourage people to get their tickets bought...

Tickets bought before 1st November 2017 will be awarded 3 free Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches, tickets bought before 1st December 2017 will be awarded 2 free Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches, tickets bought before 1st January 2018 will be awarded 1 free Cheerleader and Assistant Coach. (These will not alter Team Value)

Galandril Silverwater may not alter the value of early-bird Cheerleaders

Prizes
There will be prizes for 1st and 2nd place and Stunty Cup; there will be a prize for most TD’s and most CAS and I am sure I can find a wooden spoon. Depending on the number of participants the level and variety of prizes may increase. There will also be an ‘International Glowworm Award’ for the legendary (infamous?) 4th place finisher (TBC).

NOW WITH ADDITIONAL : 'I was robbed 'prize. This will be open to all attendees. I'll keep track of the number of times a coach loses out on a RR from the Kick-Off table (done on the score sheet in a similar manner to TD's, CAS's etc). The coach who manages to lose out on the most RR's over the day will receive a prize.

Cheers,
Dave

Interested:
1. Pathfinder
2. Ed Dunkley
3. Tankface
4. Wobert

Paid:
0. Loki
1. NightMan - 3 CL+AC
2. Domfluff - 3 CL+AC
3. Twelfman - 3 CL+AC
4. AngryHobbit - 3 CL+AC
5. Merrick - 3 CL+AC
6. nonumber - 3 CL + AC
7. Frogboy - 3 CL + AC
8. Nightwing - 3 CL + AC
9. Dionysian - 3 CL + AC
10. Chefeatingout - 3 CL + AC
11. Zabulon - 3 CL + 3 AC
12. Sann0638 - 3 CL + 3 AC
13. Enderman - 3 CL + 3 AC
14. Legolas - 3 CL + 3 AC
15. Dementor - 3 CL + 3 AC
16. SFisher91 - 3 CL + 3 AC
17. dreamscreator - 3 CL + 3 AC
18. Jip - 3 CL + 3 AC
19. Tondeo
20. Itchen - 3 CL + 3 AC
21. Hobnail - 3 CL + 3 AC
22. Heartsbane - 2 CL + 2 AC
23. Eski - 2 CL + 2 AC
24. 20pheonix - 2CL + 2 AC
25. Touchdown
26. Tank15
27. Hawca
28. FluffytheAlien
29. martinvanquish17
30. Cornish
31. Smurf1917
32. DaPiranha

Reason: ''
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Re: BUBBA Bowl V - Back to Bearsics - 3rd March 2018

Post by dreamscreator »

Interested!

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Raging82
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Raging82 »

Can you put me down as interested please

Captain of team Ireland

some people manage stress with yoga, meditation and long walks..... i choose to play blood bowl.
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Interested, of course- not missed one yet!

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Domfluff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Domfluff »

Interested!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Interested. Hopefully next year will be more tourney friendly for me and mine.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Me sir me!

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Interested. How many stars can I purchase?

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

nazgob wrote:Interested. How many stars can I purchase?
Will be based on whatever is 'current' rule set as of End of Jan 2018 unless something 'gets broken' all inducements will be available - but I assume not much change from existing so all teams 0-2 but only after 11 rostered players have been taken.

I'll confirm stars list at the end of Jan - any specific questions before that just send a PM.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I am amused that your title is similar to Exiles 2018 :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

interested

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

lunchmoney wrote:I am amused that your title is similar to Exiles 2018 :)
That made me laugh too - Great mind think a like?!? - I thought with the scrapping the hinky mini-me's, Minotaur calves, etc and just giving people money and skills that it worked :D Did even see your excellent name - reactions to all GW shenanigans??

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Loki wrote:Did even see your excellent name - reactions to all GW shenanigans??
In a way. But also I was thinking that there was a lot of different styles of tourneys around the country, and that is good. However over the last few years the unusual is becoming the norm. So I thought I'd go "old school" and do it how the GT's used to. Really simple, no tiering, so shenanigans, just 1 skill per game to simulate league progression. :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Same date as Thorball 2. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

South West Tournament Championship announced :)
http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 59&t=44300

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com