Blood Bowl Grand Tournament - 19th & 20th May 2018

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Mr Frodo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blood Bowl Grand Tournament - 19th & 20th May 2018

Post by Mr Frodo »

Paid. Only way I’ll win something at the Olympic stadium. No, wait. Scratch that.

Reason: ''
Mr Frodo AKA Andrew L
Completed the 24 (painted by me].
Completed the 26 (painted by me).
Completed the x (where x is every team.
NAF Tournaments won: 3
Best League rank: 1st (CBBBL VII)
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

Thanks for the great support so far guys, I will be organising a players list this week, we have sold a lot of tickets already so if you are thinking of going don't leave it too late! I have applied for an extension though so here's hoping. Lets show the rest of the systems that Blood Bowl is THE best system by far!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Wish I could fit this into my calendar, hope it goes really well!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

sann0638 wrote:Wish I could fit this into my calendar, hope it goes really well!
Thanks Mike, your support since we started out a year and a half ago has been tremendous!

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

IMPORTANT

Hi guys,

Hard6 has asked me to help out. I have had a few questions regarding what tickets are needed, so I hope this helps. 2 different tickets are needed to play and attend. Grant Tour is a convention everyone needs a CAP or convention access pass to be able to take part in any event at the convention. Your CAP will get you access to the event and is the entry fee to the convention, you get a gift bag and some perks it costs £10. Once inside the event you have the option to partake in the many different tournaments, each of them is ticketed independently. The Blood Bowl ticket is on sale for £40. You NEED BOTH TO PLAY! This information is in bold lettering in the rules pack in the section about ticketing and can be found on the LGT sales page. Any rules or question drop a line here or our email: Hard6gt@gmail.com

Hope to see you there!
Yogi

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

First thoughts:

1. That's one hell of a lot of money for 5 games of BB.
2. London accommodation prices will boost that considerably.
3. Goody bag extras are no biggie for me personally, I'd rather see a reduction in pricing.
D. 50 quid!!??!

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your message. Obviously this is not just a BB tournament but a large scale convention with over a DOZEN different types of table top games being played around the Olympic stadium. The Grand Tour needed a venue in the heart of London that could accommodate a vast amount of table top space and can hold so many players in each of the different tournaments being held. I appreciate thats no help to anyones wallet but the venue was chosen to accommodate such a large scale undertaking and price is reflected in the needs for such a large event. Sunday will be a massive undertaking to sort the venue out and get everyone out across all the different gaming platforms. 5 games helps people that are traveling get out a bit earlier and to start getting the venue sorted. I hope that has helped to shed some light on the reason for the location/cost. I hope to see you soon Dan.

All the best,
Yogi

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Any update on the list of attendees? I'm really looking forward to this - should be a great weekend :)

asignal2noise
Rookie
Rookie

Post by asignal2noise »

PAID - Looking forward to it!

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

howlinggriffon wrote:Any update on the list of attendees? I'm really looking forward to this - should be a great weekend :)
Hi HG,

thanks for the message sorry for not getting back to you sooner, hope your well I've not seen you in a while. We have requested one from the guys up top but so far nothings come back. as soon as i get one ill post it. some bit of info have been a bit tricky obtain so far as all ticketing and venue stuff is being run by the guys of Grand Tour. the main thing we have been doing is rules pack and on the day running tournament. Also ive had some trouble logging in the the GT email account so any questions drop me a line here or via pm.

I'll be doing naf registrations on the day if need for anyone new to the tournament scene.

Thanks,
Yogi

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Winner - thanks Yogi. I was hoping to complete the 24 at the NAF Champs but I suspect it will happen at this tournament now :)

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

howlinggriffon wrote:Winner - thanks Yogi. I was hoping to complete the 24 at the NAF Champs but I suspect it will happen at this tournament now :)
Good news bad news after speaking with LGT they can’t give me a list of names to publish due to data protection but I can confirm 50/72 places have been filled.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

yogi wrote: Good news bad news after speaking with LGT they can’t give me a list of names to publish due to data protection but I can confirm 50/72 places have been filled.
Interesting. I've started a thread on that topic.... viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44854

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

Hi Guys,

Small update now we have started may ticketing for this event is over, while the organisers finish off the last of the bookings and preparations. Look forward to seeing many of you there!

Yogi

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Quick rules check Yogi - in the rules pack it says that you have 1.1 mil to pick your team with and you can take up to 2 star players. Do you have to have 11 players before choosing the star players or could they form part of the 11?

I'm probably not taking stars but thought I'd ask for clarification.