NAF Tournament Submissions

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

NAF Tournament Submissions

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi British Tournament Organisers (TO's),

Happily, the NAF is growing. Last year, our active membership increased to 3085 (from 2225 in 2016), and we hope for an even bigger number in 2018 as coaches continue to join us via BB2016 and (touch wood) great things the NAF are doing.

With more coaches comes more tournaments. More choice is brilliant, but we are also potentially going to experience more clashes. As the sanctioning document states: Two tournaments will not be approved if they are within close proximity to one another. (The definition of close proximity will vary depending on the region.) This is to discourage nearby tournaments from effectively "competing" against each other for local coaches. In my short time as TD so far, I've already had two or three cases where clashes or potential clashes have been bought to my attention; the UK is packed with events most weekends.

The tournament calendar Al looks after is a brilliant source of information. However, advertising on TFF, Facebook, thetacklezone or anywhere else isn't necessarily securing a weekend. The only way to do that is to apply for sanctioning on the NAF site.

Going forward, I recommend all TOs apply for sanctioning as soon as you are able to. Even if you don't have all of the information you need to be sanctioned, I can set you to 'pending' in the database, and then if anyone else in your area submits for sanctioning on that weekend, I can immediately move to try and solve the clash. For instance, at the time of writing, Don_Vito has done this for the Geordie Bowl. You won't be able to see it, but he's in the database with no real details yet, so I'm yet to sanction. Should a non-TFF literate BB2016 group in Durham pop up next week and ask for sanctioning on that weekend, I can immediately see the clash and move to solve the problem.

Please see the NAF tournament sanctioning procedure here, and the list of currently sanctioned tournaments here.

Many thanks, and keep up the great work with all of the fabulous tournaments we have in the UK!

Phil.

Reason: ''
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Re: NAF Tournament Submissions

Post by Garrick »

Hi Phil,

Would it be a good idea to have links to how to get a tournament NAF sanctioned, what tournaments are already NAF sanctioned etc.?

Cheers, Graham

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Tournament Submissions

Post by Purplegoo »

Good idea, Graham. That's in a different forum sticky, but no reason it can't live here too. I've added it in.