Kent Team Championship 2024, 2nd March 2024 in Canterbury (SOLD OUT)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Kent Team Championship 2024, 2nd March 2024 in Canterbury (SOLD OUT)

Post by stewbacca »

You may be aware of the gremlin that got into the software on Saturday. This meant that the total of individual scores teams weren't calculated correctly for round 4. This is what was amended Sunday morning with the reissued table.

This was also the second tie breaker (after rosters on time) and after amending both Teamendous who were awarded the win on Saturday based on having a higher ranking on this tiebreaker and Team TackleZone were tied.

The next tiebreaker was strength of schedule, and Team Tacklezone had one more point here, meaning they would have won without the gremlins.
To circulate the standings yesterday morning so they reflected the fact that Teamendous were awared the victory, I added an extra individual point whilst we thought about the issue and contacted all the affected parties.

As we declared Teamendous winners on the day, and there's no VAR in Bloodbowl, taking back their victory was not an option for us.
For either team to miss out when they had identical records for points, rosters being submitted on time and individual scores would be harsh in these circumstances. The two teams were so closely matched that even the 3rd tiebreaker only separated them by 1 point.
As such, the decision has been made to declare both teams as joint winners of this year’s event. Both teams will be engraved on the Troll Trader Trophy and will go down in history books as winners.

Teamendous will keep the prizes they were awarded on the day and Team Tacklezone will be offered free entry to next year’s event (which ideally would see the teams drawn against each other in the first round, but we will see…)
They are all winners in my eyes for being very kind about the problem which got me down for a large portion of the day yesterday, after the high of putting on what I hope was a great event for you all the previous day.

We hope that you will join us for the event in 2025. We’ve started having discussions about any improvements we would try to make, and we will be basing this largely on your feedback. If you have not already done so, can you please fill out the feedback form here as it will allow us to put on even better events for you.

https://forms.gle/2pna1Xg4xSn2pAqcA

Reason: ''
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Just to make Lunchmoney's records easier, here's the members of both winning teams :

Teamendous :

MIsspelledTree
Hendy
BB_nut
Starferret

Team Tacklezome:

Wulfyn
Deeferdan
Nippylongskar
AndyDavo

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/ ... 024/Squads

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Appreciated 👍

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Wotfudboy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Wotfudboy »

Finally managed to get my tournament blog finished: https://wotfudboy.blogspot.com/2024/03/ ... horne.html
Thanks for the fun everyone!